Author Topic: Ted Cruz vows that Congress will override Trump if he vetoes bill denouncing China’s crackdown in Ho  (Read 863 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Its a good thing to agree on.

@Chosen Daughter

I think that is the general consensus on this issue.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
@Chosen Daughter

I think that is the general consensus on this issue.

Just Trump objects.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

I depend on God alone for my strength and salvation.  He is who keeps me safe.  And I will praise him for every good or bad thing that happens and look forward to Christ return.

Amen!!!  Trump is not the Saviour. 

At this point in time I tend to think our Republic may fare better under Trump, on all fronts; religious freedom, immigration, economy, 2A, etc.  Yes he has failed to fulfill promises and some of his policies are questionable.  However, I fear far worse under any of the leftists opposing him.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Amen!!!  Trump is not the Saviour. 

At this point in time I tend to think our Republic may fare better under Trump, on all fronts; religious freedom, immigration, economy, 2A, etc.  Yes he has failed to fulfill promises and some of his policies are questionable.  However, I fear far worse under any of the leftists opposing him.

I know you are sincere and I never intend to argue.  But I have to disagree.  Trump is destroying this country.  Its all about him.  All about him. And while we are discussing these trials he is making deals with dictators that have far reaching affects on the U.S. and the world.  Recent visit with Erdogan.  Opposing the Hong Kong legislation.

I think that if elected it won't be long before his full corruption is exposed that is driving his foreign policy.  He will scream "witch hunt" and the ball will continue to roll wasting Americans time defending him while the country sinks farther into quagmire.

This won't end with Ukraine and Trump is not innocent.  His defense is Obama did this or that.  I won't vote for someone who's drive is self.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 07:49:19 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

I know you are sincere and I never intend to argue.  But I have to disagree.  Trump is destroying this country.  Its all about him.  All about him. And while we are discussing these trials he is making deals with dictators that have far reaching affects on the U.S. and the world.  Recent visit with Erdogan.  Opposing the Hong Kong legislation.

I think that if elected it won't be long before his full corruption is exposed that is driving his foreign policy.  He will scream "witch hunt" and the ball will continue to roll wasting Americans time defending him while the country sinks farther into quagmire.

This won't end with Ukraine and Trump is not innocent.  His defense is Obama did this or that.  I won't vote for someone who's drive is self.

I won't deny that I am skeptical of a President Trump after re-election with absolutely nothing to contain him as he won't have to appease his base anymore.

I don't intend to argue either, but he is exposing the corruption from the left that has gone unchecked for far too long.  Keep in mind that millions of dollars and countless hours have been wasted by the left to go after him in order to de-legitimize his presidency and invalidate the will of the people. I find that equally as troubling as some of the things Trump has done.  We still have a corrupt DOJ and a Congress who refuses to work with him to secure our borders.

Not trying to persuade you in any way to vote for anyone that you cannot stand and I completely understand.  I just see us losing our Republic without Trump in place in 2020. Yes, there is no guarantee with Trump and on that I think we fully agree.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
It's sad, we just didn't have the numbers imho, to elect someone who would probably treat Erdogan, Xi, Kim as we should or for the matter, the Kurds or Ukraine. A bit of a faltering on foreign policy though, I clearly appreciate other aspects of the White House's agenda.  It was great though, to beat ISIS way, way back. Still, you can't throw gains away. You can't let this malady return, maybe under the guise of another.  Turkey and Erdogan imho, not as bad as ISIS but still pretty bad. It's almost like an incoherent foreign policy at that.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!