Author Topic: After Trump's Kabul visit, Taliban says ready to resume peace talks  (Read 419 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
World News
November 29, 2019 / 12:26 AM / Updated an hour ago
After Trump's Kabul visit, Taliban says ready to resume peace talks

KABUL (Reuters) - The Taliban said on Friday they were ready to restart peace talks with the United States, a day after President Donald Trump made a surprise visit to U.S. troops in Afghanistan and said he believed the radical group would agree to a ceasefire.

Trump’s Thanksgiving Day visit was his first to Afghanistan since becoming president and came a week after a prisoner swap between Washington and Kabul that has raised hopes for a long elusive peace deal to end the 18-year-long war.

“The Taliban wants to make a deal and we are meeting with them,”
Trump told reporters after arriving in Afghanistan on Thursday.

Read more at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-afghanistan-taliban/after-trumps-kabul-visit-taliban-says-ready-to-resume-peace-talks-idUSKBN1Y30GR

I'm not sure if this was covered in one of the other threads on his visit to Afghanistan but nonetheless, this occurred as well.  We are apparently going to have talks with the Taliban again.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: After Trump's Kabul visit, Taliban says ready to resume peace talks
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 02:33:42 pm »
I know this isn't going to be popular,but NOW is the time to double our efforts to kill ALL of those MF's off.

HOW can you make peace with people whose stated goal is to kill you over religious differences,and who wage "Holy Wars" because "that is what God wants us to do."

BTW,the way to defeat the bastards is NOT to kill more retards that can't read and write. We MUST go after the money men that fund their wars,and the Holy Men that lead them.

NOBODY can run a war without money. Cut off the money and the supply of food,weapons,ammunition,medical care,trucks,and everything else stop. Including monthly paychecks. When this happens,the soldiers will start  wandering off to find their way back home.

Killing off their leadership without mercy will remove the religious reasons they were inspired to fight.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 02:38:44 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2019, 08:19:59 pm »
So....................back to the pattern of moslems wanting to have talks so that we back off while they use the pause to rearm and fortify?

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 08:42:46 pm »
I know this isn't going to be popular,but NOW is the time to double our efforts to kill ALL of those MF's off.

HOW can you make peace with people whose stated goal is to kill you over religious differences,and who wage "Holy Wars" because "that is what God wants us to do."

BTW,the way to defeat the bastards is NOT to kill more retards that can't read and write. We MUST go after the money men that fund their wars,and the Holy Men that lead the

NOBODY can run a war without money. Cut off the money and the supply of food,weapons,ammunition,medical care,trucks,and everything else stop. Including monthly paychecks. When this happens,the soldiers will start  wandering off to find their way back home.

Killing off their leadership without mercy will remove the religious reasons they were inspired to fight.

I agree with you again!  We are on a roll.  We should increase troops, not draw them down.  Kill them or Afghanistan will be the same thing again.  Terrorist schools, no women's rights.  Acid attacks, stoning's etc., etc.  The sacrifice of every American soldier will be lost.  Take them out!  There is no room in this world for these animals.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2019, 08:46:02 pm »
So....................back to the pattern of moslems wanting to have talks so that we back off while they use the pause to rearm and fortify?

Exactly.

I could watch your gif over and over.  We have a nest near our house.  They are so awesome, and strong.  And that is what America is about.  Strength, not weakness.  It is no surprise that God uses the Eagles to describe His caring nature for us.

Deuteronomy 32:11

"Like an eagle that stirs up its nest, That hovers over its young, He spread His wings and caught them, He carried them on His pinions.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 08:51:34 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2019, 09:22:59 pm »
Symbol of America? Benjamin Franklin Didn’t Just Love the Turkey, He Hated the Bald Eagle

Posted on August 15, 2017 Updated on August 2, 2019   

But it was the use of the bald eagle as the symbol of America that most infuriated Franklin. “[The bald eagle] is a bird of bad moral character,” he wrote to his daughter. “He does not get his Living honestly.”

Franklin had a point. It was a a matter of principal. The bald eagle was a notorious thief, he implied. Here’s why: A good glider and observer, the bald eagle often watches other birds, like the more agile Osprey (appropriately called a fish hawk) dive into water to seize its prey.  The bald eagle then assaults the Osprey and forces it to release the catch, grabs the prey in mid-air, and returns to its nest with the stolen goods. “With all this injustice,” Franklin wrote as only he could, “[The bald eagle] is a rank coward.”

Franklin then expounded on the turkey comparison: “For the truth, the turkey is a much more respectable bird…a true original Native of America who would not hesitate to attack a grenadier of the British Guards who should presume to invade his farmyard with a red coat on.”

https://unrememberedhistory.com/2017/08/15/benjamin-franklins-detestation-of-the-bald-eagle/

I was once on my bike, mountain biking by a river... and came up what appears to have been a young bald eagles, because supposedly, we don't have golden eagles... so, the eagle had not developed his white head yet.  But I got to within about 8 feet more or less. I stopped the bike and I watched him perched on the tree stump for at least 5 minutes... I slowly tried to get closer and he flew off.

Anyway, Ben Franklin had his problems with Bald Eagles.