Author Topic: Paris: Despite Killer’s Admission of Guilt, Criminal Trial for Antisemitic Murder of French Jewish  (Read 353 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Irina tweeted this, perhaps the 2nd time, so I guess, I will post this unpleasant story. Sometimes, I worry a bit about upsetting members here, this is a terrible story at present.

Despite Killer’s Admission of Guilt, Criminal Trial for Antisemitic Murder of French Jewish Woman Remains in Doubt

Grave doubts over whether the individual accused of the antisemitic murder of a Jewish widow in Paris in 2017 will ever face a criminal trial remained firmly in place on Friday, after French prosecutors failed to agree if the man could be held criminally responsible for his act because of his heavy intake of cannabis on the night of the killing.

At a hearing on Wednesday at the Court of Appeal in Paris, prosecutors were divided on whether Kobili Traore — the accused murderer of 65-year-old Sarah Halimi, who was brutally beaten and then thrown out of a third-floor window to her death in the early hours of Apr. 4, 2017 — could be held criminally responsible because of his cannabis use. However, according to a source close to the investigation who spoke to the AFP news agency earlier this week, the prosecutor-general in the case has already concluded that Traore should not stand trial.

Read more at: https://www.algemeiner.com/2019/11/29/despite-killers-admission-of-guilt-criminal-trial-for-antisemitic-murder-of-french-jewish-woman-remains-in-doubt/

Irina is some sort of "Human Rights Lawyer", goes to some event in Vienna in the near future.