Author Topic: Christian Evangelist Murdered In Sotheast Turkey (Updated)  (Read 532 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Christian Evangelist Murdered In Sotheast Turkey (Updated)
« on: November 22, 2019, 07:05:54 pm »
Christian News07:18 | 11/22/19
CHRISTIAN EVANGELIST MURDERED IN SOUTHEAST TURKEY
By DONNA RACHEL EDMUNDS

☰  The jerusalem post

Christian News07:18 | 11/22/19
CHRISTIAN EVANGELIST MURDERED IN SOUTHEAST TURKEY
By DONNA RACHEL EDMUNDS

His death has sparked fears among the local Christian population that they are being targeted.

A Korean evangelist has been murdered in southeast Turkey, sparking fears of persecution among the Christian community, the International Christian Concern reported in a statement.

Jinwook Kim, 41, was stabbed three times on the street in the Turkish city of Diyarbakir on November 19. He later died of his injuries in hospital.

Read more at:  https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.jpost.com/Christian-News/Christian-evangelist-murdered-in-southeast-Turkey-608669/amp

A Korean Evangelist, see story for more and see CBN news as well.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 04:03:56 am by TomSea »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Christian Evangelist Murdered In Sotheast Turkey
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 11:25:17 pm »
Sumthin' tells me that Turkey isn't a very good place to be a Christian evangelist from any denomination.

Aside:
How many LDS missionaries go to islamic nations (jes' wonderin'...)?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Christian Evangelist Murdered In Sotheast Turkey (Updated)
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2019, 04:04:57 am »
Wife of murdered pastor gives birth to second child just days after his death
Staff writer    Thu 28 Nov 2019

The wife of a pastor who was stabbed to death in Turkey on Nov. 19 reportedly gave birth to their second child just days after the tragedy. Pastor Jinwook Kim, 41, who had been pastoring a small group of Christians in the city of Diyarbakir, was tragically killed after being stabbed three times - twice in the heart and once in the back.

Government officials insist that the attack on Kim was a mugging, rather than an assassination for his Christian faith. However, locals believe Kim was targeted for his faith.

According to International Christian Concern, locals in the area had called for a police investigation after the murder. "This is the first martyrdom since Malatya. The Turkish government has started a massive deportation of Protestant leaders who served in Turkey for many years," a local church leader told ICC. "But deportation isn't enough for evangelists. This kind of attack would scare [them]. I think this is the last level of a plan, being like China."

Read more at: https://www.christiantoday.com/article/wife-of-pastor-murdered-turkey-gave-birth-to-second-child-days-after-death/133717.htm

Sort of an update....

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Christian Evangelist Murdered In Sotheast Turkey
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 08:54:55 pm »
Sumthin' tells me that Turkey isn't a very good place to be a Christian evangelist from any denomination.

Aside:
How many LDS missionaries go to islamic nations (jes' wonderin'...)?

I was happy that Trump was able to save that one pastor.  But that does not change the persecution other Christians suffer in Turkey under Erdogan and his extremist Islamic government.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.