Author Topic: The Washington Post Helps Identify FBI Lawyer Who Altered FISA Docs…  (Read 359 times)

Offline mrclose

Sorry for this overly long but (in my opinion) a very important post!
(Only time will tell, I guess?)

At 8:15pm last evening Washington Post journalist Devlin Barrett posted a supportive article for the CNN (Manu Raju) news exclusive that outlined an “FBI Official” who was under criminal investigation as an outcome of the inspector general review of FISA.

The original WaPo article by Devlin Barrett noted the FBI official was actually a “line-level” lawyer who worked “under FBI Agent Peter Strzok.”

At 12:15am, the WaPo article was significantly edited, two more journalists (Ellen Nakashima and Matt Zapotosky) were added to the byline.  Unfortunately, no explanation or notation of the changes were given.

However, that said, the edit(s) help to identify the identity of the FBI lawyer.  The updated article removed the references to Peter Strzok, and identifies the line-level lawyer thus:

[…] The person under scrutiny is a low-level FBI lawyer who has since been forced out of the agency, according to the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss material that has not yet been made public.

The employee was forced out of the FBI after the incident was discovered, two U.S. officials said. Horowitz found that the employee erroneously indicated he had documentation to back up a claim he had made in discussions with the Justice Department about the factual basis for the application. He then altered an email to back up that erroneous claim, they said. (link)

If you have followed the case closely, the intentional removal of Peter Strzok in combination with the explanation of the lawyer’s FISA responsibilities; and in combination with prior reporting of FBI lawyer 2; it seems pretty obvious the line-level lawyer was Kevin Clinesmith.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2019/11/22/the-washington-post-helps-identify-fbi-lawyer-who-altered-fisa-docs/

================
Addendum

About Clinesmith: Clinesmith lamented Clinton’s loss the day after the election, messaging to several FBI employees, “I am numb.” He added, “I am so stressed about what I could have done differently.”

Clinesmith also expressed regret over the reopening of the Clinton email case on Oct. 28, 2016, arguing that it “broke the momentum” of Clinton’s campaign. He warned at the time that the belated move, which was pressured by leaks over the discovery of additional classified emails on the laptop of Clinton’s aide in New York, could initiate “the destruction of the republic.”

After Clinesmith messaged another FBI employee that he was “just devastated” over Trump’s unexpected victory, he launched into a rant: “I just can’t imagine the systematic disassembly of the progress we made over the last 8 years. ACA is gone. Who knows if the rhetoric about deporting people, walls, and crap is true. I honestly feel like there is going to be a lot more gun issues, too, the crazies won finally. This is the tea party on steroids. And the GOP is going to be lost, they have to deal with an incumbent in 4 years. We have to fight this again. Also Pence is stupid.”

Then Clinesmith soon sent another text: “I am so stressed about what I could have done differently,” read another message that apparently referenced the Clinton email investigation.

Asked in one text message after the election if he had changed his mind about Trump, Clinesmith wrote: “Hell no. Viva le resistance.” ----- via A couple of things you might not know about the FBI conspiracy against Trump Flopping Aces ^ | 06-26-18 | DrJohn

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: The Washington Post Helps Identify FBI Lawyer Who Altered FISA Docs…
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 11:49:40 pm »
He was 'removed from office'?

Seems what he did is illegal.

Shouldn't he be prosecuted, and severely?

Someone in authority like an FBI official should always be held to a higher standard as he swears an oath of office.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mrclose

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 12:18:43 am »
NYT Confirms Strzok Team Underling, Kevin Clinesmith, is FBI Lawyer Who Altered FISA

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/22/us/politics/russia-investigation-inspector-general-report.html
~ Self

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2019, 01:46:41 am »
"NYT Confirms Strzok Team Underling, Kevin Clinesmith, is FBI Lawyer Who Altered FISA"

Somehow, I just don't get this guy doing this on his own with no knowledge by his superiors of his actions.

I wonder if he'll turn state's evidence and reveal who was really responsible for making such changes?

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2019, 02:58:13 am »
This low level lawyer added a short paragraph to an email and sent it to those putting the renewal FISA warrant together - THIS IS NOT THE FIRST FISA warrant, but a later renewal.  The Inspector General said this did not influence this renewal FISA warrant in any way. 

The Inspector General's report says the heads of the FBI (which includes James Comey) did nothing wrong in their handling of the Russia investigation and  the Trump Campaign.

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2019, 03:23:59 am »
This low level lawyer added a short paragraph to an email and sent it to those putting the renewal FISA warrant together - THIS IS NOT THE FIRST FISA warrant, but a later renewal.  The Inspector General said this did not influence this renewal FISA warrant in any way. 

The Inspector General's report says the heads of the FBI (which includes James Comey) did nothing wrong in their handling of the Russia investigation and  the Trump Campaign.

What?

The Inspector General's report has not been released yet...much less has it said the FBI/Comey did nothing wrong. What we have so far are leaks such as that about this lawyer...who, BTW...is NOT a "low level" player but rather is a member of the Strzok team. This guy played a part in the Clinton case as well. But, back on point...the other rumored leak is that the IG has determined all 4 FISA warrants were unjustified and perhaps the result of illegal activity.

Where in the heck did you see enough of the not released IG report to determine the FBI/Comey are in the clear...I mean the report won't be released until the December 8th? The NYT runs with a headline supported only by weak rumor...that is, if anything, reason to suspect the IG report is DAMNING of the FBI and its actions.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 03:27:07 am by Mesaclone »
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2019, 03:33:12 am »
What?

The Inspector General's report has not been released yet...much less has it said the FBI/Comey did nothing wrong. What we have so far are leaks such as that about this lawyer...who, BTW...is NOT a "low level" player but rather is a member of the Strzok team. This guy played a part in the Clinton case as well. But, back on point...the other rumored leak is that the IG has determined all 4 FISA warrants were unjustified and perhaps the result of illegal activity.

Where in the heck did you see enough of the not released IG report to determine the FBI/Comey are in the clear...I mean the report won't be released until the December 8th? The NYT runs with a headline supported only by weak rumor...that is, if anything, reason to suspect the IG report is DAMNING of the FBI and its actions.

CNN had the full report tonight - I saw it.  It is regular sized paper and as thick as a phone book. Chris Cuomo had it in his hand and told some of what is in it.  Top FBI officials did nothing wrong.  The FISA warrants were legally done.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 03:40:44 am by Victoria33 »

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2019, 03:51:04 am »
CNN had the full report tonight - I saw it.  It is regular sized paper and as thick as a phone book. Chris Cuomo had it in his hand and told some of what is in it.  Top FBI officials did nothing wrong.  The FISA warrants were legally done.

That's hilarious.

Cuomo can wave anything he wants, but he does not have the IG report....and you will see in about 18 days that the FISA warrants were anything but free of corrupt intent. Further, that you would find anything on CNN or from Cuomo to be remotely credible...wow. Just wow.

We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline mrclose

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2019, 05:50:24 pm »

@Victoria33

I made this video especially for you.
(I cut this section from the hour long show)

Former US Attorney and past member of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Tolman who also helped write the FISA laws explains why the claim that the 'small' FISA alterations were really a Big deal as opposed to the spin that the media is pushing!
(Media: Small changes, doesn't mean anything, not a Big deal)

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 05:52:06 pm by mrclose »
~ Self