Author Topic: The Democratic ticket Trump doesn't want in 2020  (Read 208 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Democratic ticket Trump doesn't want in 2020
« on: November 23, 2019, 06:50:43 pm »
The Democratic ticket Trump doesn't want in 2020
By Douglas MacKinnon, opinion contributor — 11/23/19 12:00 PM EST

Pete Buttigieg’s recent popularity surge in Iowa and New Hampshire has many speculating that President Trump could face a Democratic ticket in 2020 that he doesn’t want and fears the most — the South Bend, Ind., mayor and another candidate recently in the spotlight, Rep. Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii.

Despite what the “experts” might say, it’s certainly possible. Like weather forecasters and economists, political pundits often are proven embarrassingly wrong. Voters from both parties have a tendency to recalibrate rather quickly, and quite unexpectedly, toward candidates they believe actually might have a chance of winning.

In 2004, for example, Democratic voters threw the preening pundits a curveball when, during the primary process, they suddenly tapped on the brakes, took a much longer and harder look at frontrunner Gov. Howard Dean of Vermont and turned in the slightly more “establishment” direction of Sen. John Kerry of Massachusetts.

more
https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/471368-the-democratic-ticket-trump-doesnt-want-in-2020
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: The Democratic ticket Trump doesn't want in 2020
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 07:32:00 pm »
I realize I'm not  non-partisan//objective, but I cannot see that any among the current crop of Dem candidates lacks a serious vulnerability. Taking "Mayor Pete" as an example, his attacks on Pence and Evangelical Christians alienates a very large number of potential voters, and not just Evangelicals. He evidences the same willingness that HilLIARy did to attack Free Exercise freedoms. His mishandling of police-related matters is another bad look.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 07:48:41 pm »
I'm not saying a Buttgigger/Tulsi ticket has zero chance of winning, but it would be the longest of longshot cinderella campaigns I think I've ever seen.

Being relatively fresh faces with not a ton of baggage would be of some help, but I don't know if it would get them over the finish line.
The Republic is lost.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2019, 09:51:17 pm »
Talking about Buttigieg being the candidate is laughable.  America is not ready to elect a blatant gay man.  Only thing he has going for him is that he is a veteran.  Do you really think the military folks would vote for this guy?  No way.  He will not be the nominee.

The person winning the Democommie nomination is NOT in the race as yet.  And Bloomberg is not the person either.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2019, 09:56:49 pm »
 :mauslaff: :mauslaff: :mauslaff:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2019, 10:26:53 pm »
I believe that the older you are, the less that you realize how successful the brainwashing of younger people, has been.

Everything to them is fairness, equality, diversity, etc.

Many of them would think voting for a gay person, was not only a good idea, but a chance to send a message to their old, square, straight, racist, homophobic elders.

40-something LTC Vindman mentioned the "Power disparity," between the President of the US vs. Ukraine.

He is woke. He used social justice lingo. Identity politics. Post modernist.

Whatever the demographics were for the 2016 election, have likely changed to be less favorable for conservatives/Republicans.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2019, 12:54:01 am »
I believe that the older you are, the less that you realize how successful the brainwashing of younger people, has been.

Everything to them is fairness, equality, diversity, etc.

Many of them would think voting for a gay person, was not only a good idea, but a chance to send a message to their old, square, straight, racist, homophobic elders.

40-something LTC Vindman mentioned the "Power disparity," between the President of the US vs. Ukraine.

He is woke. He used social justice lingo. Identity politics. Post modernist.

Whatever the demographics were for the 2016 election, have likely changed to be less favorable for conservatives/Republicans.

@truth_seeker

You make some very valid and insightful points,but IMHO,the Dim timing is off. They waited too late. They might have been able to pull off putting "Alice in Wonderland"
candidates in the WH in 2016,but there are already masses of voters who are now fully aware of the reality of Dim rule and Dim policies,and these people are fleeing Dim-controlled states in masses. Even more want to leave,but can't just yet for various reasons.

The Dim "Death Star" is already starting to rapidly fade,and once these fools shine even more lights on their true nature and incompetence by their impeachment desperation play that is destined to fail,they will be lucky to keep any states but  Mexifornia,Islamic Illinois,and the People's Republic of Mass in 2020.

Don't forget that neither the Dims OR the Republicans have a dominating hold on the undecided voters,and with the exception of a few gerrymandered locations,they are the ones that always determine who the winner is in elections. The Dims will always hold on to their Marxist base,but they are going to lose the undecided vote forever once their true natures are exposed.

Not that the alleged Republican Party of today is anything to brag about either,but we will work on taking out the trash there too.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 12:57:32 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!