Author Topic: 59% of Voters Fear Trump's Opponents Will Resort to Violence  (Read 360 times)

Offline libertybele

59% of Voters Fear Trump's Opponents Will Resort to Violence
« on: November 22, 2019, 01:21:29 pm »
I tend agree and I believe if the House votes to impeach (and they will) and the Senate doesn't vote to 'oust' Trump,  we will see upheaval like never seen before.  LIV believe that impeachment means that he will be automatically removed from office.  I've seen anti-Trump t-shirts and bumper stickers around town and also destruction to a Trump stand.  This is normally heavy Republican 'territory' and obviously that has changed.  The past few months is the first time I've ever seen anti-Trump anything.

59% of Voters Fear Trump's Opponents Will Resort to Violence

Fifty-nine percent of U.S. likely voters are concerned that people who oppose President Donald Trump’s policies will resort to violence, a new Rasmussen Reports survey shows.

One in three (34%) are “very concerned” that Trump’s opponents will resort to violence to get their way, with another one in four (25%) reporting that they’re “somewhat concerned” that anti-Trumpers will become violent.

Ironically, Democrats expressed the greatest fear, with 40% reporting that they “very concerned” that Trump’s opponents will resort to violence, compared to 36% of Republicans and 23% of those supporting “other” parties. Nearly two-thirds (65%) of Republicans, 59% of Democrats, and 49% of “other” party supporters said they are at least somewhat concerned that Trump’s opponents will become violent.

Voters are actually less concerned that impeaching and removing Trump from office will prompt violence (53%) than are worried that anti-Trumpers will resort to violence (59%) to oppose him....

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/craig-bannister/59-voters-fear-trumps-opponents-will-resort-violence

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: 59% of Voters Fear Trump's Opponents Will Resort to Violence
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 01:36:40 pm »
Interesting to see folks' gut impressions of on just whose side the crazies reside.   

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 01:46:47 pm »
Interesting to see folks' gut impressions of on just whose side the crazies reside.

Yup.  And folks' gut impression is right.  As I tell my wife when she laments something about Trump, I'd be a lot more anti-Trump if the folks arrayed against him weren't so gawdawful in their own right.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 01:47:07 pm »
Most likely the trouble will start on campus and spill out from there.   Your liberal controlled shitholes will see the most carnage.   It will make the Watts riots look like a sunday B-B-Q
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 02:18:39 pm »
My biggest fear is the GOP in the senate will be intimidated into convicting in order to 'heal the country' and avoid leftist violence. It'll give them moral cover to get rid of the outsider as well.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 02:19:25 pm by skeeter »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2019, 03:52:26 pm »
My biggest fear is the GOP in the senate will be intimidated into convicting in order to 'heal the country' and avoid leftist violence. It'll give them moral cover to get rid of the outsider as well.

I couldn't agree with you more.  I believe Trump will be impeached and removed from office and Roberts will go down in history again.  Though, we just may see violence from Trump supporters as well depending on the outcome.

Best case scenario is the left is exposed for their corruption.  I just don't see that likely.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 03:55:19 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2019, 04:07:52 pm »

The proof is in the pudding.  How many Trump bumper stickers do you see, or people wearing MAGA hats or T-Shirts, as opposed to liberal bumper stickers, hats and T-Shirts. 

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2019, 04:14:15 pm »
The proof is in the pudding.  How many Trump bumper stickers do you see, or people wearing MAGA hats or T-Shirts, as opposed to liberal bumper stickers, hats and T-Shirts.

Every liberal I know feels free to blurt their opinions to their heart's content, regardless of what might be the opinions of others, while the few conservatives with whom I am acquainted pretty much keep to themselves. It's just how they are.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2019, 05:42:36 pm »
Why only future tense? It would be more accurate to say, "Have Resorted, Are Resorting, and Will Resort to Violence".
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2019, 05:49:07 pm »

Nonsense, @Jazzhead! Wake me up when Trump supporters mob attendees at a Biden or Bernie or Walker rally, as happened at a San Jose Trump rally in 2016. Or when Trump supporters riot the way Trump-Haters did, twice, in Berserkeley. Or when Trump supporters shut down the speech of some Prog academic as happened to Arthur Laffer.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2019, 06:03:48 pm »
Uhhhh,yeah. I'm REAL skeered. PLEASE tell them to not come to my house to attack me!

One in three (34%) are “very concerned” that Trump’s opponents will resort to violence to get their way, with another one in four (25%) reporting that they’re “somewhat concerned” that anti-Trumpers will become violent.

What is the percentage of people that are in the "Hope I will be attacked and have to defend myself " category?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 06:05:56 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2019, 07:48:24 pm »
Nonsense, @Jazzhead! Wake me up when Trump supporters mob attendees at a Biden or Bernie or Walker rally, as happened at a San Jose Trump rally in 2016. Or when Trump supporters riot the way Trump-Haters did, twice, in Berserkeley. Or when Trump supporters shut down the speech of some Prog academic as happened to Arthur Laffer.

I think you misread my post, @PeteS in CA.  I am in agreement with you.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2019, 07:56:39 pm »
I think you misread my post, @PeteS in CA.  I am in agreement with you.

Lo siento, @Jazzhead, I did misunderstand your post.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2019, 01:31:17 am »
"59% of Voters Fear Trump's Opponents Will Resort to Violence"

With a lil' bit o' luck the "violent" anti-Trump antifa's will end up like this one:
https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=u0Hrf_1574391726