Author Topic: Kremlin says mercenary torture and beheading of Syrian deserter won't damage Russia's reputation  (Read 244 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Excerpts:
Kremlin says mercenary torture and beheading of Syrian deserter won't damage Russia's reputation
3:18 pm, November 21, 2019      Source: Meduza

Ekho Moskvy: Have you seen the report that includes a video from Syria taken in 2017 where a group of people — one of whom, as Novaya Gazeta found, is a Russian citizen — brutally kill and then dismember the body of a Syrian servicemember?

Kremlin Press Secretary Dmitry Peskov: No, I haven’t seen it. I can’t say anything on that count.

Ekho Moskvy: More broadly, is the Kremlin aware of crimes committed by private military companies that are active there not under the Defense Ministry’s command, but in some other way?

Read more at: https://meduza.io/en/feature/2019/11/22/kremlin-says-mercenary-torture-and-beheading-of-syrian-deserter-won-t-damage-russia-s-reputation

This is a gory and shameful war story, story of a war crime that I was just letting lie but... internationally, it is having some repercussions so perhaps members should know about it. It is being widely reported.

A Russian paper broke the story and there is a disclaimer on it, the Russian newspaper is Novaya Gazeta. Probably a somewhat "isolated case".... but so are stories we have seen this past week concerning other matters in the news.

"Warning: This story and the video below describe and contain graphic violence."