Author Topic: Tesla unveils its first electric pickup, the Cybertruck, starting at $39,900  (Read 1019 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

Tesla CEO Elon Musk unveiled the company’s all-electric pickup, the Cybertruck, on Thursday night at one of his company’s signature promotional events in Los Angeles. The vehicle, which represents a large metallic trapezoid, will start at $39,900.

The truck is Tesla’s sixth vehicle since it was founded in 2003, and its most experimental. It will be competing in a market against the Ford F Series, which has been the best-selling pickup for more than 40 years in the U.S., followed by General Motors’ Chevrolet Silverado, another formidable competitor.

Musk previously said that Tesla intended to price its base model at under $50,000, that the truck’s styling would be “cyberpunk,” rather than traditional, inspired by two films -- “Blade Runner” and “The Spy Who Loved Me.” The CEO also previously suggested that demand for Tesla’s pickup may be less than demand for the company’s flagship Model S sedan and Model X SUV combined owing to its unique design.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/21/tesla-cybertruck-unveiled.html
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
This is so, fugly. Might be cool to see in a movie like “The Martian” but driving on a freeway?

But what do I know? Where I live I see a lot of Tesla sedans on the road. A lot.

And CNBC has a follow up story saying

Tesla’s ‘Cybertruck’ could send the stock back toward all-time highs, options traders say

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/21/teslas-cybertruck-could-send-stock-toward-all-time-highs-options-traders-say.html?__twitter_impression=true&recirc=taboolainternal[/url
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 11:19:57 am by Gefn »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

This is so, fugly. Might be cool to see in a movie like “The Martian” but driving on a freeway?

But what do I know? Where I live I see a lot of Tesla sedans on the road. A lot.
You know its fugly. :beer:

It belongs in a Road Warrior film.  And good luck finding a parking space that fits

Offline GrouchoTex

Doesn't seem to have much rear window visibility.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Tesla CEO Elon Musk unveiled the company’s all-electric pickup, the Cybertruck, on Thursday night at one of his company’s signature promotional events in Los Angeles. The vehicle, which represents a large metallic trapezoid, will start at $39,900.

What a sure fired way to get your ass laughed at here in Texas?  Drive one of these.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Tesla’s ‘Cybertruck’ could send the stock back toward all-time highs, options traders say

Maybe in Yankee sales.  That shit won't sell here, with maybe the excpetion of leftwing envirowhackos in Austin.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline kevindavis007

I kinda like it.  It looks bad a**. Doesn't mean I'll get it.

It also reminds me of the Johnny Cab from Total Recall.

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Saint Elon is making the perfect PU for the Low T crowd.  It's a "Bitch'n" ride said a man bun wearing millennial standing in line at the DMV about to get his 1st drivers license.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
I kinda like it.  It looks bad a**. Doesn't mean I'll get it.

It also reminds me of the Johnny Cab from Total Recall.

Not me.  I'd be tempted more to call the guy crawling out of this joke McFly.

Offline mountaineer

Iowahawk had a few choice comments on

Twitter:

David Burge  @iowahawkblog
We outsourced the styling to a random 2nd grader, and passed on the savings to you!

Top of the line in utility sports
Unexplained fires are a matter for the courts

Can you name the truck with four wheel drive
You'll smell like a steak when it burns you alive
Teslanero! Teslanero!
Well, it goes real slow when the battery's down
It's the electrified truck designed by a clown!
Teslanero! Hyah! Teslanerohhhh!

The first truck designed by Mike Brady
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

Twitter:

We outsourced the styling to a random 2nd grader, and passed on the savings to you!

Teslanero! Teslanero!

LMAO...

Gonna need a bigger escape hatch than that when that 1.2 gigawatt sucker fires up.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Saint Elon is making the perfect PU for the Low T crowd.  It's a "Bitch'n" ride said a man bun wearing millennial standing in line at the DMV about to get his 1st drivers license.

On a more sobbering point....   To my fellow Briefers....

When your write that gawd awful check next April 15th,   Juat remember this example of what your tax dollars are subsidizing.....

Offline mountaineer

Elon Musk unveils ‘bulletproof’ Cybertruck at Tesla event, but window test is a bust
By Noah Manskar
November 22, 2019 | 8:14am

Elon Musk was left dumbfounded Thursday night after a botched test of Tesla’s first “bulletproof” electric pickup truck left its windows smashed up.

The red-faced Tesla CEO tried to show off the durability of the Cybertruck’s “armor glass” windows by having chief designer Franz von Holzhausen throw a metal ball at them.

But the glass cracked, drawing groans from the crowd gathered in Los Angeles for the “Blade Runner”-inspired vehicle’s unveiling.

“Oh my f—ing God,” Musk muttered onstage. “Well, maybe that was a little too hard.” ...
New York Post
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

“Oh my f—ing God,” Musk muttered onstage. “Well, maybe that was a little too hard.” ...

Spoken like the true snake oil salesman that he is.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Musk could screw up a wet dream.

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod

Twitter:

Teslanero! Teslanero!

So Homer Simpson won’t drive it, but Ned Flanders might?  22222frying pan :silly:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

And CNBC has a follow up story saying

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/21/teslas-cybertruck-could-send-stock-toward-all-time-highs-options-traders-say.html?__twitter_impression=true&recirc=taboolainternal[/url

I agree it looks like it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down. It looks like they tried it  give it a Delorean (sp?) and failed. It also looks like it has zero side and rear visibility but should wedge under Semi’s r ally well

Offline verga

Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
The most notable thing about this truck is that it's about the same price as a gas-powered pickup.

Yeah, it barely looks like a truck, but if money is a factor, they're going to sell some.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Wingnut

It's the Pontiac Aztec of 2020. So Butt ass fugly the design team is in hiding like Schiff's whistle blower.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Ridiculously expensive and impractical.

Who would want one to tow anything?

Imagine leaving the car and trailer on side of road when batteries play out?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline andy58-in-nh

It's the Pontiac Aztec of 2020. So Butt ass fugly the design team is in hiding like Schiff's whistle blower.
Thank you for reminding me precisely of which ill-fated and dog ass-ugly car the Cybertruck resembles.

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Ugly.

Nuthin' more to say...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Even worse than Aztec, and I thought that was the ugliest thing on wheels. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: