Author Topic: IndyGo electric buses having battery problems, can't handle the cold  (Read 605 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

https://www.theindychannel.com/news/call-6-investigators/indygo-electric-buses-having-battery-problems-cant-handle-the-cold

IndyGo electric buses having battery problems, can't handle the cold

INDIANAPOLIS — The IndyGo electric buses are already showing signs of trouble as the temperatures plunge. It's a problem Call 6 Investigates first exposed in March, and now it's happening.

Once the temperatures took a dip below 50 degrees, the electric buses began having problems holding a charge.

The city's Red Line system is under pressure to keep its promised schedule of buses showing up on time. It's a challenge as Indy's weather is getting colder.

In the past two weeks, as the thermometer hit 50 degrees and below buses which left the garage fully charged fell victim to the cold.

Their 'SOC,' which stands for 'State of Charge,' became too low to complete their route, and they were pulled out of service to be recharged.

I'm trying to figure out how any pol or bureaucrat would not know that battery performance falls off in cold weather. Can you say, "Sears 'Die-Hard' commercials"? But performance falling off at 50F? Damn! BTW, batteries don't like hot weather, as some Nissan Leaf owners discovered a few years ago.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline roamer_1

Re: IndyGo electric buses having battery problems, can't handle the cold
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 11:49:49 pm »
I'm trying to figure out how any pol or bureaucrat would not know that battery performance falls off in cold weather. Can you say, "Sears 'Die-Hard' commercials"? But performance falling off at 50F? Damn! BTW, batteries don't like hot weather, as some Nissan Leaf owners discovered a few years ago.

That's why them glorified golf carts don't work up in here. My sis has a hybrid though, and that does alright... But it is on the gas side all winter.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 11:56:31 pm »
https://www.theindychannel.com/news/call-6-investigators/indygo-electric-buses-having-battery-problems-cant-handle-the-cold

IndyGo electric buses having battery problems, can't handle the cold

Watch for many more epic fails of the so called green tech boom.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 12:05:52 am »
 :happyhappy: :happyhappy: :happyhappy: :happyhappy: :happyhappy: :happyhappy:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien