Author Topic: Haley More Than Closes Her Distance From Trump  (Read 348 times)

Offline libertybele

Haley More Than Closes Her Distance From Trump
« on: November 21, 2019, 01:45:10 pm »
Haley More Than Closes Her Distance From Trump

During her two years serving in the Trump administration, Nikki Haley, the former ambassador to the United Nations, managed to toe a tougher line on Russia than her boss while also never straying from his good graces.

“We don’t trust Russia. We don’t trust Putin,” Haley said in an interview in July 2018, days after President Donald Trump met with the Russian president, Vladimir Putin, in Helsinki. “They’re never going to be our friend.”

By the time Haley left the administration nearly a year ago, she seemed to have perfected an almost impossible dance: distancing herself from some of the president’s most criticized positions while staying publicly loyal. She managed to leave on her terms and on good terms with the president.

It was a balancing act that did not go without notice, and Haley, a woman of color and a former governor of South Carolina, was widely seen as preserving her options for a return to politics, perhaps as a post-Trump presidential candidate.

Last summer, she challenged the president once more after he had trumpeted the fact that the Baltimore home of Rep. Elijah Cummings, a critic of Trump, had been broken into.

“This is so unnecessary,” Haley wrote on Twitter in August, infuriating the president, according to aides.

But now, Haley appears to have made the political calculation to go all in supporting the president, rather than defining herself in contrast to him.

In a media blitz timed to the release of her new book, “With All Due Respect: Defending America With Grit and Grace,” Haley has consistently echoed White House talking points about how there is no case for impeachment and unequivocally defended Trump’s character.

“In every instance I dealt with him, he was truthful, he listened and he was great to work with,” Haley told NBC’s Savannah Guthrie..........

https://www.yahoo.com/news/haley-more-closes-her-distance-200358554.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

Re: Haley More Than Closes Her Distance From Trump
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2019, 01:52:05 pm »
Haley's an opportunist just like every other politician. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2019, 03:14:26 pm »

Well, perhaps, but I think she did a good job as ambassador to the U.N.  I was surprised when she resigned, but I think she may have her eyes on 2024. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2019, 03:23:58 pm »

At least she picked the right side.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2019, 03:30:54 pm »
At least she picked the right side.

Well I agree with you on this.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2019, 03:39:53 pm »
... Nikki Haley, the former ambassador to the United Nations, managed to toe a tougher line on Russia than her boss while also never straying from his good graces.

NYT writer who hasn't gotten over the exposure of the Trump-Russia Collusion Delusion :silly: . Trump and Haley were probably playing Good Cop--Bad Cop, if their expressions were even somewhat different (which I doubt, since it's an NYT writer, :silly: ).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2019, 04:53:26 pm »

She will try to distance herself at some point, but unfortunately, there are these things called video cameras.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2019, 07:51:11 pm »
NYT writer who hasn't gotten over the exposure of the Trump-Russia Collusion Delusion :silly: . Trump and Haley were probably playing Good Cop--Bad Cop, if their expressions were even somewhat different (which I doubt, since it's an NYT writer, :silly: ).

I don't know that those remarks have to do with the "collusion."  I read it as the writer noting that Trump makes nice with dictators and strongmen, while disrespecting our allies.