Author Topic: LIVE THREAD: Impeachment Inquiry DAY 5  (Read 3075 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: LIVE THREAD: Impeachment Inquiry DAY 5
« Reply #125 on: November 21, 2019, 07:43:11 pm »
Joel B. Pollak
@joelpollak

The footage of @RepMikeTurner
 explaining to Fiona Hill that hearsay is basically worthless should be shown to every law school evidence class. #ImpeachmentInquiry

12:30 PM · Nov 21, 2019·Twitter for iPhone

They should also lock Schiff in a room and make him watch it looped for 24 hours straight.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #126 on: November 21, 2019, 07:46:04 pm »
Can anyone imagine trying to have a relationship with this Hill woman!   OMGGGGGGG

@Bigun

Well,her face is a little too "mannish" for my tastes,but I DO love intelligent women. Both beauty and intelligence fade,but intelligence lasts a lot longer and determines how hard someone is to get along with.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #127 on: November 21, 2019, 07:48:31 pm »
Hill looks like a professional blind date.

@Hoodat

Yeah,I know what you mean. Her intelligence and self-confidence probably wouldn't help her with most of the men that responded,either.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #128 on: November 21, 2019, 07:52:42 pm »
Will never understand WHY? Trump did not 'clean house' when he took office. Seems that 3 out of 4 people working for him want to see him hanged.

@240B

Because it is literally impossible to fire all the existing foreign service officers. Like them or not,they all have decades of experience with the countries they are assigned to,and have VERY deep local contacts there.

If you were to fire them all at once,it would take decades to restore order,and in the end,you would STILL end up with the same "Old Boy/Old Girl" type of network you have now. The only things that would be changed would be the names and faces.

It ain't pretty,but reality is rarely pretty.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #129 on: November 21, 2019, 08:03:45 pm »
Dr. Filibuster, Hill.

And will somebody remind me that Ukraine is vital to US national security?

I wonder what private business most of these career bureaucrats have?

Cheers for Rep. Hurd of TX.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 08:20:30 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #130 on: November 21, 2019, 08:08:17 pm »
@240B

Because it is literally impossible to fire all the existing foreign service officers. Like them or not,they all have decades of experience with the countries they are assigned to,and have VERY deep local contacts there.

If you were to fire them all at once,it would take decades to restore order,and in the end,you would STILL end up with the same "Old Boy/Old Girl" type of network you have now. The only things that would be changed would be the names and faces.

It's not just the foreign service folks that are hard to root out.  Lib Presidents and their cabinet officials put people in mid level GS and low level SES jobs that fly below the radar no matter who is president to ensure the Progressive agenda goes forward.

It's that way at the Pentagon...DoJ EPA etc etc

I recall one night on Mark Levin's show he was recounting his time as Meese's Chief of Staff and they had a lawyer at Justice that had been around since the Johnson administration.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #131 on: November 21, 2019, 08:09:49 pm »
Ah shucks looks like I missed a good day..lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #132 on: November 21, 2019, 08:14:31 pm »
@240B

The reality is, the best Trump can do is to plant seeds,  it may take some time, after Trump leaves office, for them to bear fruit.  That's the reality.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #133 on: November 21, 2019, 08:17:03 pm »

Lib Presidents and their cabinet officials put people in mid level GS and low level SES jobs that fly below the radar no matter who is president to ensure the Progressive agenda goes forward.

It's that way at the Pentagon...DoJ EPA etc etc

I recall one night on Mark Levin's show he was recounting his time as Meese's Chief of Staff and they had a lawyer at Justice that had been around since the Johnson administration.
[/quote]

@txradioguy

Yes,I know,but THEY can be rooted out because the systems they rule over are more rigid.

Rooting out the prima donnas with political connections in the military is what would be hard to do because the military has a VERY rigid rule against questioning orders by their civilian bosses.

If a President like Trump  would just give orders to the Pentegram to retire General or Admiral so and so,it would be done instantly,but nothing would really change because of that one man being dismissed.

Frankly,I don't know the answer,but I do know that something MUST be done.

What I DO know is that there MUST be a blanket clause that prevents senior officers from retiring and then getting board seats or other important positions with ANY company,corporation,or think tank that has connections to the federal govenrment,or government contracts. That MUST be Item Number 1 on the menu if there is to be any hope of cleaning up the mess in DC and ending our senseless involvment in foreign wars.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #134 on: November 21, 2019, 08:18:55 pm »

@txradioguy

Yes,I know,but THEY can be rooted out because the systems they rule over are more rigid.

Rooting out the prima donnas with political connections in the military is what would be hard to do because the military has a VERY rigid rule against questioning orders by their civilian bosses.

If a President like Trump  would just give orders to the Pentegram to retire General or Admiral so and so,it would be done instantly,but nothing would really change because of that one man being dismissed.

Frankly,I don't know the answer,but I do know that something MUST be done.

What I DO know is that there MUST be a blanket clause that prevents senior officers from retiring and then getting board seats or other important positions with ANY company,corporation,or think tank that has connections to the federal govenrment,or government contracts. That MUST be Item Number 1 on the menu if there is to be any hope of cleaning up the mess in DC and ending our senseless involvment in foreign wars.

It's not as easy to get rid of them as you think.  Once you pass the probationary period in a GS job...usually 90 days...you're almost impossible to fire thanks to the arcane hiring and firing rules and the government employees union.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #135 on: November 21, 2019, 08:23:52 pm »
Allahpundit
@allahpundit
·
1m
Did Hill provide any notable factual revelations or did she mostly just dunk on people like Sondland?
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #136 on: November 21, 2019, 08:27:07 pm »
Kyle Drennen
@kjdrennen
 Â· 19m
.@chucktodd urges Democrats to expand the impeachment hearings, call more witnesses
Support the USO

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #137 on: November 21, 2019, 08:27:47 pm »
Hill looks like a professional blind date.

A 2 bagger.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #138 on: November 21, 2019, 08:40:22 pm »
Danielle Misiak
@DanielleMisiak
 Â· 3h
Chris Cuomo calls his mom to prove you can hear someone talking on the phone without speakerphone and it was... something.

"Can you just say hello? Mom? She probably can't hear me. Mom, can you hear me? Mom? Say hello to Dana Bash."

Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #139 on: November 21, 2019, 08:41:42 pm »
Support the USO

Offline skeeter

« Reply #140 on: November 21, 2019, 08:43:21 pm »
Danielle Misiak
@DanielleMisiak
 Â· 3h
Chris Cuomo calls his mom to prove you can hear someone talking on the phone without speakerphone and it was... something.

"Can you just say hello? Mom? She probably can't hear me. Mom, can you hear me? Mom? Say hello to Dana Bash."

dang that is friggen hilarious.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #141 on: November 21, 2019, 08:45:01 pm »
Byron York
@ByronYork
·
7m
Still baffled that House Dems withdrew subpoena to top Bolton aide, did not subpoena Bolton. Testimony clearly a decision for courts. Could have been weeks into process now. But Dems balked. Gives impression they're in a rush.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #142 on: November 21, 2019, 08:45:33 pm »
Kyle Griffin
@kylegriffin1
·
8m
MALONEY: "Dr. Hill, first of all, I thought that was some epic mansplaining that you were forced to endure from my colleague Mr. Turner. And I want you to know some of us think it was inappropriate."
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #143 on: November 21, 2019, 08:46:41 pm »
Since I missed most of this today how did the Repubs do?
Support the USO

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #144 on: November 21, 2019, 08:48:08 pm »

Odd how that sort of thing seems to happen often with the Dims,ain't it? Especially when you consider their hard drives seem to wipe themselves accidentially,and under oath they claim to know nothing about anything.

Any of you ever overheard both sides of a phone conversation that wasn't on a speaker?
WATCH: Chris Cuomo puts Trump tweet about phone calls to the test ON-AIR and fails miserably
https://therightscoop.com/watch-chris-cuomo-puts-trump-tweet-about-phone-calls-to-the-test-on-air-and-fails-miserably/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #145 on: November 21, 2019, 09:05:46 pm »

Byron York
@ByronYork
·
3m
Schiff says when Republicans use phrase 'Russia hoax,' they are denying Russian interference. Untrue. Obvious fact: When Republicans use phrase, they are referring to accusations, from Schiff and others, that Trump campaign conspired/coordinated with Russia in 2016.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #146 on: November 21, 2019, 09:06:40 pm »
Alex Moe
@AlexNBCNews
·
1m
Schiff now mocking Republicans in his closing remarks for saying he held “secret depositions” despite more than 100 members of Congress being able to participate in
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #147 on: November 21, 2019, 09:22:28 pm »

Scott Wong
@scottwongDC
·
1m
In closing words of public impeachment hearings, Chairman @RepAdamSchiff
 quotes the late Oversight Chair @RepCummings
: "We are better than that!" then bangs down the gavel
Support the USO

Online Millee

« Reply #148 on: November 21, 2019, 09:49:01 pm »
Scott Wong
@scottwongDC
·
1m
In closing words of public impeachment hearings, Chairman @RepAdamSchiff
 quotes the late Oversight Chair @RepCummings
: "We are better than that!" then bangs down the gavel

Bangs down the gavel....hair flip.....stomps out of room.... :smokin:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #149 on: November 21, 2019, 10:40:09 pm »
So what does all this mean?
Will there be a Day 6?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.