Author Topic: U.S. to Provide Ship to Vietnam to Boost South China Sea Patrols  (Read 289 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
U.S. to Provide Ship to Vietnam to Boost South China Sea Patrols
« on: November 21, 2019, 12:10:46 am »
U.S. to Provide Ship to Vietnam to Boost South China Sea Patrols
Nov. 20, 2019, at 3:02 a.m.

U.S. Defense Secretary Mark Esper reviews the Vietnamese guard of honour during a welcoming ceremony in Hanoi, Vietnam November 20, 2019. REUTERS/KhamReuters

By Phil Stewart and James Pearson

HANOI (Reuters) - The United States announced on Wednesday it will provide Vietnam with another coast guard cutter for its growing fleet of ships, boosting Hanoi's ability to patrol the South China Sea amid tensions with China.

U.S. Defense Secretary Mark Esper disclosed the decision during an address in Vietnam, which has emerged as the most vocal opponent in Asia of China's territorial claims in the South China Sea.

In his speech, Esper took aim at China, which he accused of "bullying" neighbors, like Vietnam.

Read more at: https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2019-11-20/us-to-provide-vietnam-with-coast-guard-ship-eyes-south-china-sea

It's always strange to see articles like this, Vietnam was like our worse war, our worse enemy. Or should I say North Vietnam?  (Japan, Nazi Germany, Jihadists,  Red China, North Korea, I know really we can't say who our worse enemy would be as far as that goes.

Comments?  Anyone? @sneakypete

Now, people go on Mountain Bike holidays over there and they do, reportedly, have some nice beaches.

And a government which sounds pretty harsh still.  Sometimes, called a "Stalinist" Government, I have seen.

« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 12:33:47 am by TomSea »