Author Topic: IRAN SHUTS DOWN INTERNET AMID PROTESTS, LEAVING COUNTRY 'ISOLATED FROM THE WORLD'  (Read 247 times)

Offline thackney

IRAN SHUTS DOWN INTERNET AMID PROTESTS, LEAVING COUNTRY 'ISOLATED FROM THE WORLD'
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/iran-internet-shutdown-protests-us-sanctions-a9209416.html
11/19/2019

Iran has implemented a near-total internet blackout amid nationwide protests against rising fuel prices.

The shutdown began on Friday after demonstrations broke out in over 100 Iranian cities, with network connectivity currently below 4 per cent of normal levels.

Internet watchdogs said the state-run Telecommunications Company of Iran (TIC) began the process of blocking internet traffic to prevent citizens from organising protests and sharing pictures and videos of the demonstrations with the outside world.

The country's largest mobile network operators have since been shut off, including MCI, Rightel and IranCell.

"Despite some network services becoming available for select users, Iran is disconnected and isolated from the world," stated a post from internet outage monitor NetBlocks....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley