Author Topic: Trump's pullout from Syria allowed ISIS to gain strength, intel agency reports  (Read 360 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
defense
Trump's pullout from Syria allowed ISIS to gain strength, intel agency reports

By CONNOR O’BRIEN
11/19/2019 11:21 AM EST

President Donald Trump's order to withdraw troops from northern Syria, combined with Turkey's assault against Kurdish forces, allowed the Islamic State to strengthen its position there, the Pentagon's inspector general said in a new report released on Tuesday.

The withdrawal and incursion allowed ISIS to "reconstitute capabilities and resources within Syria and strengthen its ability to plan attacks abroad," the quarterly report from the lead inspector general on the U.S. military campaign against ISIS stated. The report cited information from the Defense Intelligence Agency.

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/11/19/trump-syria-isis-071499

Pentagon: President Trump's order to withdraw troops from Syria allows ISIS to rebuild

Tom Vanden Brook, USA TODAY 7 hrs ago

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump's order to withdraw U.S. troops from Syria in October provided the Islamic State an opening to rebuild itself, giving the terrorist group "time and space" to target the West, according to a Pentagon report released Tuesday.
The Defense Intelligence Agency told the Pentagon's inspector general that the Islamic State, also known as ISIS, has taken advantage of the U.S. withdrawal and Turkey's subsequent incursion into Syria.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/pentagon-president-trumps-order-to-withdraw-troops-from-syria-allows-isis-to-rebuild/ar-BBX0qB9?ocid=spartanntp
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 03:30:57 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline LegalAmerican

I don't blame my president. NOT OUR FIGHT.  You want go over there & fight isis?  Your son or daughter?  They have fought like this for hundreds of years. We already have isis cells in America thanks to obama and his 8 years of open borders. You care more for islamists than Americans?  You want America to be at war with all islamist country's? 
YOU WANT WAR? Most of those people talking, MAKE MONEY OFF OF WARS.  I can't believe how some people think.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 03:41:36 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I don't blame my president. NOT OUR FIGHT.  You want go over there & fight isis?  Your son or daughter?  They have fought like this for hundreds of years. We already have isis cells in America thanks to obama and his 8 years of open borders. You care more for islamists than Americans?  You want America to be at war with all islamist country's? 
YOU WANT WAR? Most of those people talking, MAKE MONEY OFF OF WARS.  I can't believe how some people think.

14,000 American Troops have been sent into that region since this spring.  Sounds good, ain't happening though.  We are still there.

Don't abandon Christians on my dime.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

First of all Obama deported more people than Trump did.  Secondly Obama detained them in those "cages" before Trump did.  Those are facts.  Pretty sad, and hard to admit I know since Trump campaigned on immigration.

You do realize that you just spit out liberal talking points don't you?  Oh, yes making money off of wars.  I blame ISIS on Obama pulling the troops out early in Iraq for the rise of ISIS.  The country certainly was fragile, and ripe for terror to take over.   No matter what you thought of the War on Terror, terror does exist and it isn't only a threat in those countries, otherwise 9/11 would not have happened. 

If you don't want your sons and daughters to fight in wars do not encourage them to join the military.  Because it is in our national interest to crush ISIS.  Instead it is now growing and being exported throughout the world.  Were you one that cheered every time Trump bragged that ISIS was 100% defeated?  Well now they aren't and you can cheer about that too congratulations.

From Rudy 2012:

Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani is urging the Obama administration to take Iran's efforts to develop nuclear weapons more seriously, warning that radical Islamists are not confused about their commitment to destroy Israel and the United States along with it.

Using the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorists attacks on the World Trade Center as an example of what radical extremists are capable of, Giuliani told Fox News' Sean Hannity Tuesday, "They attacked us because they are not . . . confused.

"We are confused. They are not confused. They are at war with us," he continued.....

https://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Giuliani-terror-confused-Qaida/2012/09/12/id/451535/

And just as Obama didn't finish the job, neither has Trump.  Trump even brags about supporting this terrorist who exports ISIS to the world.  Who is a terrorist dictator himself hell bent on the destruction of Israel.  Who has said anyone who is a friend of Israel is not a friend of Turkey.

So once again.  If you don't want your children to have to fight in the military advise them not to sign up.

This administration knows that Erdogan is a Islamist Dictator.  But instead he calls him friend.  And knowing that Erdogan planned on this invasion and operation to ethic cleanse the Kurds from the Syrian border Trump should have sent more troops.  Instead he gave them the opportunity to do as they please.  Make no mistake that is going to be a swath of terrorism on the Syrian border.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 03:38:50 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.