Author Topic: Let’s Stop Pretending Every Impeachment Witness Is A Selfless Hero  (Read 328 times)

rangerrebew

Let’s Stop Pretending Every Impeachment Witness Is A Selfless Hero
It’s become clear that some witnesses in the impeachment probe have their own agenda, and not all of them are courageous martyrs for the truth.

By John Daniel Davidson
November 18, 2019

Throughout this impeachment charade we’ve been told by the media and House Democrats that a cadre of unelected career bureaucrats in the State Department and the National Security Council who are cooperating with the impeachment inquiry are heroes, patriots, and paragons of virtue and self-sacrifice for defying President Trump and proclaiming the truth about Trump corruption and self-dealing in Ukraine.

Last week, the media portrayed former U.S. ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch as a courageous martyr recalled from her post by Trump for no reason and then viciously attacked by him on Twitter while she was testifying before the House Intelligence Committee. Trump’s attack was immediately characterized as “witness intimidation” by House Democrats and the media, who played up the notion that Yovanovitch was a victim being punished for nothing more than her commitment to the truth.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/11/18/lets-stop-pretending-every-impeachment-witness-is-a-selfless-hero/

Offline goatprairie

Re: Let’s Stop Pretending Every Impeachment Witness Is A Selfless Hero
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 07:03:41 pm »
I don't think every anti-Trump is a hero or a scoundrel. It doesn't make any difference what they are.
Whatever Trump did, it does not rise to the level of having to be impeached.
He asked a question of a foreign leader about possible corruption by a political rival? So what? What if Biden did do something corrupt...which it looks very possible he did?
As regulars on this forum know, I am not exactly a huge Trump fan.
But while he steps over the line many times, he hasn't done anything that would necessitate him being removed from office.
Dems made up their crazy minds to  impeach him since he descended down the escalator four years ago.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 07:08:21 pm »

Did folks have to be FDR fans to desire the defeat of the Axis?

Trump is what we have to fight these guys,  we'd better hope he wins, regardless of whatever you may think of him personally.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 07:44:47 pm »
Regarding military decorations, military types speaking before various Congressional panels traditionally exhibit a chest full of medals.
The Hero, from antiquity, was defined as someone who acted w/great courage usually in a war setting; begging a question for those familiar w/the standards for military decorations.
What was/were the act(s) of heroism that Vindman performed to earn those decorations?
Surely a Good Conduct Medal hardly demonstrates courage???
Please advise!

« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 07:49:07 pm by Absalom »

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 01:41:25 am »
Did folks have to be FDR fans to desire the defeat of the Axis?

Trump is what we have to fight these guys,  we'd better hope he wins, regardless of whatever you may think of him personally.

Yes. So many people believe the lies & slander about president.  Sad. Most has to do with envy. Alpha & beta males.
(You are NOT beta, of which I speak)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 01:44:29 am »
goat wrote:
"I don't think every anti-Trump is a hero or a scoundrel. It doesn't make any difference what they are."

Heros or scoundrels?
Can't say.
But I can say that they look to be useful idiots for the democrat-communists.
Every one of 'em !

Offline Absalom

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2019, 01:47:48 am »
Yes. So many people believe the lies & slander about president.  Sad. Most has to do with envy. Alpha & beta males. (You are NOT beta, of which I speak)
--------------------------------
Hmm.........the lies and slanders about Trump???????
Please enumerate as many as possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2019, 01:48:29 am »
I don't think every anti-Trump is a hero or a scoundrel. It doesn't make any difference what they are.
Whatever Trump did, it does not rise to the level of having to be impeached.
He asked a question of a foreign leader about possible corruption by a political rival? So what? What if Biden did do something corrupt...which it looks very possible he did?
But while he steps over the line many times, he hasn't done anything that would necessitate him being removed from office.
Dems made up their crazy minds to  impeach him since he descended down the escalator four years ago.

What line does he overstep?  You mean, no P.C. talk?  THAT IS TELLING THE UNVARNISHED TRUTH.  Sounds ok to me.

List the lines. I am curious.

President TRUMP is doing his job, asking about corruption in Ukraine. PART OF OUR TREATY WITH UKRAINE & other county's put in, in 1998.  You are correct democrats were shouting impeach..BEFORE HIS INAUGURATION!  THAT IS TYRANNY.  Both presidents ran, on removing the "swamp" in their countries.

"I said, nah, we’re not going to give you the billion dollars. They said, ‘You have no authority. You’re not the president.’  I said, call him. I said, I’m telling you, you’re not getting the billion dollars. I said, you’re not getting the billion. I looked at them and said, ‘I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money.’ Well, son of a bitch. He got fired. And they put in place someone who was solid at the time.”-Joe Biden.

1998 Treaty of sharing information On criminal activity.  In 1998 Bill Clinton Sent to the senate for approval A treaty Negotiated With the Ukraine As well as others on sharing criminal activity information. Criminal information sharing treaty . This treaty Obligates countries That have knowledge Of corruption Taken place In our country Are others That affect both countries.Therefore the conversation in question is approved by treaties between our country others IE the Ukraine  By this treaty any U.S. president can share and/or request information on topics of criminal activity,

P.S. I forgot.  PELOSI SON,    KERRY SON,    ROMNEY SON,    BIDEN SON,   ALL ON UKRAINE ENERGY BOARD. MONEY LAUNDERING OUR TAX DOLLARS TO UKRAINE,  BACK TO THEIR DEMON-RAT parents.   EVERYBODY GETS A CUT.  That should piss off every tax paying American.   (I posted Kerry & auto changed it to Jerry!)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 01:57:08 am by LegalAmerican »

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2019, 01:55:36 am »
Regarding military decorations, military types speaking before various Congressional panels traditionally exhibit a chest full of medals.
The Hero, from antiquity, was defined as someone who acted w/great courage usually in a war setting; begging a question for those familiar w/the standards for military decorations.
What was/were the act(s) of heroism that Vindman performed to earn those decorations?
Surely a Good Conduct Medal hardly demonstrates courage???
Please advise!

ONE OF OUR GOOD MILITARY MEN & POSTERS ON HERE SAYS,  he never served in any war. He is able to give himself a purple heart.  Vindman is a fraud and traitor to America.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2019, 02:00:02 am »
Oh they’ll stop pretending every witness is a saint, as soon as republicans are allowed to call witnesses.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2019, 02:07:14 am »
--------------------------------
Hmm.........the lies and slanders about Trump???????
Please enumerate as many as possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@Absalom
Oh no...please don’t ask her...she’ll just post that ridiculous link to Iwanttrumpslovechild.com or whatever the hell it was
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Absalom

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2019, 03:36:38 am »
ONE OF OUR GOOD MILITARY MEN & POSTERS ON HERE SAYS,  he never served in any war. He is able to give himself a purple heart.  Vindman is a fraud and traitor to America.
--------------------------
Legal, thank you.
I suspected as much but didn't know.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2019, 05:13:08 pm »
The left has zero problem ripping down any military guy who doesn't toe their line, from Oliver North, to the Swift Boat Vets for Truth, to General Flynn.  They'll savage the reputation of a military guy if they think it advances their agenda, but then scream that its unpatriotic and offensive to criticize someone who served if that guy is on their side.

I really wish some major politico would call them out on that hypocrisy.