Author Topic: Jeffrey Epstein's Prison Guards Are Indicted On Federal Charges  (Read 622 times)

Offline thackney

Jeffrey Epstein's Prison Guards Are Indicted On Federal Charges
« on: November 19, 2019, 05:47:36 pm »
Jeffrey Epstein's Prison Guards Are Indicted On Federal Charges
https://www.npr.org/2019/11/19/780794931/prosecutors-charge-correctional-officers-who-guarded-jeffrey-epstein-before-his-
November 19, 2019

Two prison officers who were assigned to guard Jeffrey Epstein on the night he was found dead in his cell of an apparent suicide have been indicted on criminal charges, federal prosecutors in New York announced Tuesday.

Authorities have charged Michael Thomas and Tova Noel with making false records and conspiracy. The two worked as prison guards at the Metropolitan Correctional Center, a federal jail in Manhattan that's mostly used for defendants awaiting trial.

Prosecutors say Thomas and Noel neglected to check on Epstein every half-hour, as they were required to, then falsified prison logs to make it appear as if they were keeping an eye on him....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline skeeter

Re: Jeffrey Epstein's Prison Guards Are Indicted On Federal Charges
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 05:50:48 pm »
They've found their stooges.

I hope someone thinks to ask these two who they might've spoken to about the issue of Mr Epstein's security before his slaughter.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 01:29:41 am »
They've found their stooges.

I hope someone thinks to ask these two who they might've spoken to about the issue of Mr Epstein's security before his slaughter.

The guy who did it. already removed a while ago. Some big, black football player a while back, with strange name.

These men are going to be blamed.  Yes STOOGES. 

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 03:53:50 am »
"Round up the usual suspects!"
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 11:22:20 am »
Looks like this is a case of dereliction of duty.  No one was in the area of Epstein's cell during the time he was left alone, according to surveillance video.  The union guy can blame understaffing or whatever, but it seems to me the guards were busy sleeping and surfing the web when they were supposed to be checking on prisoners -- not just Epstein -- for 8 hours.  And then they falsified records to show they had checked on him. and other prisoners during those 8 hours. 

I'd say this shoots a big hole into the theory that Epstein was murdered. 

Offline verga

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 02:05:09 pm »
Looks like this is a case of dereliction of duty.  No one was in the area of Epstein's cell during the time he was left alone, according to surveillance video.  The union guy can blame understaffing or whatever, but it seems to me the guards were busy sleeping and surfing the web when they were supposed to be checking on prisoners -- not just Epstein -- for 8 hours.  And then they falsified records to show they had checked on him. and other prisoners during those 8 hours. 

Quite the opposite. They turned off the cameras and stayed away until after he was good and dead.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2019, 02:15:12 pm »

You can be credulous if you like but don't expect ANYONE else to be.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2019, 02:43:44 pm »
Quite the opposite. They turned off the cameras and stayed away until after he was good and dead.

I don't see that in the article,but I did see this:

Prosecutors said security footage confirmed that nobody went into the section of the jail housing Epstein before he died, undercutting conspiracy theories that someone else was responsible for his death.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2019, 02:51:26 pm »
You can be credulous if you like but don't expect ANYONE else to be.

Oh I forgot.  NPR is fake news.   Infowars and Twitter are real news.

Anyway, I don't expect anyone to agree with me on this or anything else.  I'm rendering an opinion based on what has been reported.  You can believe it or don't believe it.  These days I really don't give a flying fig.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2019, 02:52:49 pm »
Oh I forgot.  NPR is fake news.   Infowars and Twitter are real news.

Anyway, I don't expect anyone to agree with me on this or anything else.  I'm rendering an opinion based on what has been reported.  You can believe it or don't believe it.  These days I really don't give a flying fig.

I wasn't exactly exercised by your opinion either. It was just a offhand comment.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2019, 05:58:24 pm »

Not at all. Lack of supervision indicates the possibility is greater, not less, of nefarious activity.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Applewood

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2019, 06:06:20 pm »
Not at all. Lack of supervision indicates the possibility is greater, not less, of nefarious activity.

But as the article states (and I quoted above), the security  tape did not show anyone else in the area of Epstein's cell and the guards were busy sleeping and surfing the web to check on him.  So how was Epstein murdered?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 06:09:37 pm by Applewood »

Offline conservativevoter

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2019, 06:16:24 pm »
Like it or not, the royals could be implicated in this.  Prince Andrew was sure sweaty when questioned.  Maybe some help from MI6? :seeya:

Offline thackney

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2019, 06:22:00 pm »
But as the article states (and I quoted above), the security  tape did not show anyone else in the area of Epstein's cell and the guards were busy sleeping and surfing the web to check on him.  So how was Epstein murdered?

FBI studies two broken cameras outside cell where Epstein died: source
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-people-jeffrey-epstein-cameras/fbi-studies-two-broken-cameras-outside-cell-where-epstein-died-source-idUSKCN1VI2LC

Offline Applewood

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2019, 06:28:14 pm »
FBI studies two broken cameras outside cell where Epstein died: source
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-people-jeffrey-epstein-cameras/fbi-studies-two-broken-cameras-outside-cell-where-epstein-died-source-idUSKCN1VI2LC

Ok, but once again, we have information from the ubiquitous "anonymous" law enforcement source.  How do we know it's true? 

I'm relying on what the prosecutors say about the security video.  I gather they looked at it, or had someone look at it.  Maybe the only way to resolve this would be for us to se the tape.  However, I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to have to review an 8-hour security tape.  I'd be comatose after an hour or so.   happy77

Offline Idiot

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2019, 06:30:24 pm »
Ok, but once again, we have information from the ubiquitous "anonymous" law enforcement source.  How do we know it's true? 

I'm relying on what the prosecutors say about the security video.  I gather they looked at it, or had someone look at it.  Maybe the only way to resolve this would be for us to se the tape.  However, I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to have to review an 8-hour security tape.  I'd be comatose after an hour or so.   happy77
*****rollingeyes*****

Offline Applewood

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2019, 06:30:50 pm »
Like it or not, the royals could be implicated in this.  Prince Andrew was sure sweaty when questioned.  Maybe some help from MI6? :seeya:

Alas, I only saw clips of the interview, but from what I viewed, it appears Andrew may have known Epstein a lot more than he claimed to.  But as far as whether Andrew may have been involved in any plot to kill Epstein -- I didn't see that. 

Offline thackney

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2019, 06:33:48 pm »

From the report:

At approximately 5:30 another correctional
officer briefly walked through the SHU common area. Aside from
those two officers, as confirmed by video surveillance, no one
else entered. the SEN, no one conducted any counts- or rounds
throughout the night, and no one entered the tier in which Epstein
was housed.

I read that to be no one outside entered the unit.  Not the same as not entering Epstein cell.  Other people beside Epstein were in the unit already.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2019, 10:47:06 pm »
But as the article states (and I quoted above), the security  tape did not show anyone else in the area of Epstein's cell and the guards were busy sleeping and surfing the web to check on him.   

@Applewood

Good thing it is impossible to replace one security tape with another,huh?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2019, 10:49:45 pm »

I'm relying on what the prosecutors say about the security video.  I gather they looked at it, or had someone look at it.   

@Applewood

THAT'S funny,I don't care who you are!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!