Author Topic: GOP senator calls impeachment 'sabotage' effort, raises questions about witness on eve of testimony  (Read 178 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP senator calls impeachment 'sabotage' effort, raises questions about witness on eve of testimony
By Morgan Chalfant - 11/18/19 06:30 PM EST

Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) described the House impeachment inquiry as an effort to sabotage President Trump’s administration and raised questions about the credibility of a key witness on the eve of that person's public testimony.

Johnson, a Trump ally, suggested in a letter that Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, a National Security Council official who is slated to testify publicly before the House Intelligence Committee Tuesday morning, may be among a class of government bureaucrats who aim to push back on Trump’s policies “by leaking to the press and participating in the ongoing effort to sabotage his policies and, if possible, remove him from office.”

“I view this impeachment inquiry as a continuation of a concerted, and possibly coordinated, effort to sabotage the Trump administration that probably began in earnest the day after the 2016 presidential election,” Johnson wrote in the letter Monday to Reps. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) and Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), the top Republicans on the House Oversight and Intelligence Committees, respectively. Jordan was recently moved onto the Intelligence Committee, which is conducting the public hearings.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/471008-gop-senator-calls-impeachment-sabotage-effort-raising-questions-about-witness
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
No kidding.... 

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Johnson, a Trump ally, suggested in a letter that Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, a National Security Council official who is slated to testify publicly before the House Intelligence Committee Tuesday morning, may be among a class of government bureaucrats who aim to push back on Trump’s policies “by leaking to the press and participating in the ongoing effort to sabotage his policies and, if possible, remove him from office.”[/quote]

:yowsa: No kidding is right!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien