Author Topic: When an L.A. homeless camp rises outside your window: ‘You have no idea the hell I was living’  (Read 709 times)

Offline mountaineer

When an L.A. homeless camp rises outside your window: ‘You have no idea the hell I was living’
By Steve Lopez, Columnist
Nov. 17, 2019

The trash, the fights, the drugs, the blaring music.

For months, it was relentless.

“It was intolerable,” said Greg, who lives in a Hollywood neighborhood surrounded by homeless encampments, including one that until recently was just a few feet from the windows of his apartment. He wore headphones and turned up the AC to drown out the cacophony. Nothing worked.

“You have no idea the hell I was living.” ...   Full story at L.A. Times
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This is shocking!  Not about the tent streets, but a reporter actually found out what it's like for the paying tenants in this blight, and wrote it up.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

Surprising for the LA Times to report on it, definitely.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

Homeless encampments are not innocuous trespassing.

In SF they deposit filth on sidewalks and streets, assault residents in their buildings, business people in their businesses, and passersby.

The recent encampment clean-out in Oakland was in a non-residential area, but it was in a parking lot shared by a Home Depot and an M, and there was a gymnastics gym nearby. Who blew their whistle loud enough that city Dads heard?

In San Jose, encampments are located along the trails and parks along the Guadalupe River and Coyote Creek (that I know of). Those are parks that are unsuitable and unsafe for family picnics and larger events. Those are trail sections that are unsuitable and unsafe for running events (by for-profit organizers or charities). Because freeways in Silicon Valley go near encampments, the freeway signs that are supposed to be used to announce traffic incidents and delays sometime have messages warning drivers on the freeway to watch out for pedestrians. On! Freeways!!!

Encampments polluting and trashing creek parks and trails is a problem in Orange County as well.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 02:41:19 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.