Author Topic: Gun from Chicago buy-back program found near dead gang member in police shooting  (Read 959 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Law Enforcement Today by James E. Lewis 11/16/2019

According to an AGG report, William Stewart Boyd traded his father’s old .38 caliber Smith & Wesson snub nose for less than $100 in a gun buyback in 2004. It was supposed to be destroyed, but somehow the same handgun with serial number J515268 was found next to a dead body involved in a police shooting eight years later.

Boyd, a judge in Cook County, had taken the handgun to a South Side church in Chicago, Illinois where he handed it over to a pair of plainclothes officers with badges on their belts.

“I’m doing the right thing,” he said in an interview with Chicago’s Sun Times, “and, in the process, someone didn’t do what they were supposed to do. That calls into question the process. What’s happening after you turn these weapons in?”

Great question – somehow, this Smith & Wesson .38 ended up in the hands of 22-year-old felon and gang member Cesar Munive – a man previously convicted of sexual abuse of a minor, unlawful use of a weapon, and battery.

During an interaction with the police in July 2012, Munive was shot and killed by Cicero (Illinois) Officer Donald Garrity.

More: https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/gun-from-chicago-buy-back-program-found-near-dead-gang-member-in-police-shooting/

"Throw Down Gun"?

Offline PeteS in CA

The gun was "bought back" in 2004. It showed up at a crime scene 8 years later and 8 or 10 miles away. Somebody's - maybe several - got lots of 'splainin' to do. Did the gun get returned to the streets? Did the gun somehow find its way into Officer Garrity's hands and get planted by him? Ordinarily I'd guess the former, but Garrity seems to have been a corner-cutter.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Law Enforcement Today by James E. Lewis 11/16/2019

According to an AGG report, William Stewart Boyd traded his father’s old .38 caliber Smith & Wesson snub nose for less than $100 in a gun buyback in 2004. It was supposed to be destroyed, but somehow the same handgun with serial number J515268 was found next to a dead body involved in a police shooting eight years later.

Boyd, a judge in Cook County, had taken the handgun to a South Side church in Chicago, Illinois where he handed it over to a pair of plainclothes officers with badges on their belts.

“I’m doing the right thing,” he said in an interview with Chicago’s Sun Times, “and, in the process, someone didn’t do what they were supposed to do. That calls into question the process. What’s happening after you turn these weapons in?”

Great question – somehow, this Smith & Wesson .38 ended up in the hands of 22-year-old felon and gang member Cesar Munive – a man previously convicted of sexual abuse of a minor, unlawful use of a weapon, and battery.

During an interaction with the police in July 2012, Munive was shot and killed by Cicero (Illinois) Officer Donald Garrity.

More: https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/gun-from-chicago-buy-back-program-found-near-dead-gang-member-in-police-shooting/

Just Damn.  Can you imagine, if weapon was found near body, and both parties of buy back program lost their paperwork? 

Huge lesson to be learned here for anyone crazy enough to consider particpating in one of these programs.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Obviously a drop gun.  The Poleezies have some 'splainin' to do.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

Yes, color me shocked that the gun never was destroyed.  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org