Author Topic: Trump tweets he will 'strongly consider' testifying in impeachment inquiry  (Read 1647 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump tweets he will 'strongly consider' testifying in impeachment inquiry
By Brett Samuels - 11/18/19 09:06 AM EST

President Trump on Monday said he will "strongly consider" giving written or in-person testimony in the House impeachment inquiry, despite his repeated refusal to cooperate with the investigation thus far.

Trump responded to Speaker Nancy Pelosi's (D-Calif.) suggestion on "Face the Nation" a day earlier in which she said the president could "come right before the committee and talk... or he could do it in writing."

"Even though I did nothing wrong, and don’t like giving credibility to this No Due Process Hoax, I like the idea & will, in order to get Congress focused again, strongly consider it!" Trump tweeted.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/470886-trump-tweets-he-will-strongly-consider-testifying-in-impeachment
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Trump tweets he will 'strongly consider' testifying in impeachment inquiry
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 03:05:52 pm »
Probably the worst thing he could do.  If his testimony is anything like his twitter.  This president is the most unprofessional clown we ever had.  I used to think that nobody could beat Jimmy Carter.  But he is it.

After the testimony of Pence's Aide I simply can't believe that this is a huge conspiracy to oust the president.  Of course he went onto the twitter attack mode.  All those people.  Doesn't add up, but if it did it would be the biggest conspiracy of American history.  Testimonies from both sides of the isle.  Even people he himself appointed.  John Bolton too.  Mulvaney already admitted Quid Pro Quo also.

This is my take.  The President didn't go through the Justice Department to investigate corruption because he still is operating like a personal business.  He wanted Rudy Giuliani because his motivation was political.  Rivalry is obviously yuuuge with this president.  Its on full display every time he opens his mouth.  And that of course is part of politics.  But the president has an ethical obligation to operate by the rules, and laws.  To use the Justice Department to investigate corruption, not his personal lawyer.

I hope we can get this over with soon because his entire presidency has been defending him. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 03:33:48 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 04:26:34 pm »
I hope he does, in the senate trial.  Mulvaney and Bolton as well.  Put everything on the table so there are no questions.  Decide whether the actions were impeachable, hold the vote, and move on.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 04:32:23 pm »
Probably the worst thing he could do.  If his testimony is anything like his twitter.  This president is the most unprofessional clown we ever had.  I used to think that nobody could beat Jimmy Carter.  But he is it.

After the testimony of Pence's Aide I simply can't believe that this is a huge conspiracy to oust the president.  Of course he went onto the twitter attack mode.  All those people.  Doesn't add up, but if it did it would be the biggest conspiracy of American history.  Testimonies from both sides of the isle.  Even people he himself appointed.  John Bolton too.  Mulvaney already admitted Quid Pro Quo also.

This is my take.  The President didn't go through the Justice Department to investigate corruption because he still is operating like a personal business.  He wanted Rudy Giuliani because his motivation was political.  Rivalry is obviously yuuuge with this president.  Its on full display every time he opens his mouth.  And that of course is part of politics.  But the president has an ethical obligation to operate by the rules, and laws.  To use the Justice Department to investigate corruption, not his personal lawyer.

I hope we can get this over with soon because his entire presidency has been defending him.

If the President is as stupid and crooked as you claim, then you should welcome his testimony as a way to quickly flush the sewer you call the Trump Administration.  Your goal of removing him By Any Means Necessary will be achieved.

You are in good company, with the Max Boots and Rachel Maddows of the press.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 05:17:20 pm »

Actually this is what Trump does best. This will be reality TV.

This could work out well for him.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2019, 05:25:35 pm »

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 03:34:07 am »
If the President is as stupid and crooked as you claim, then you should welcome his testimony as a way to quickly flush the sewer you call the Trump Administration.  Your goal of removing him By Any Means Necessary will be achieved.

I do welcome it.  I was just saying based on his tweeting it isn't a good idea for him.  But by all means go for it President Trump.  It would be a good reality show.

As far as my goal.  here we go again with your either for him or against him.  I thought Schiff was doing his own excellent clown impression too.  Its a carnival.  Schiff telling stories.  Trump tweeting during testimonies.  Ridiculous the hole thing. But is believing that not all those witnesses are involved in a big conspiracy to get Trump puts me in you "category" so be it.  BTW, if getting really cold between Pompeo and Trump now too.

Trumps trail of regurgitated appointments.  A wasteland of people who have endured public ridicule from the Donald.  Sessions is funny.  Thank you sir can I have another?

But Rudy on the other hand says he has insurance, and Trump likes him in the dress.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 03:58:43 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2019, 06:27:25 am »
--------------------
Ignoring the hysterics;
* Trump won't be tossed as the D's don't have the votes in the Senate.
* Pence replaces Trump, not Pelosi.
* The likelihood of D defeat in 2020 increases substantially.
P.S. As Koko sang in "The Mikado" : He (Trump) never will be missed!

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2019, 07:27:22 am »

You claim to want this place to be a haven where both (AT/NT) sides can express their opinions openly. 

When was the last time you blatantly insulted someone on the AT side as you have just done above (and continue to do so more or less daily) to CD (and others)?

If you want to know why people are walking away, it shouldn't be hard to figure out.

I enjoy reading your contributions to the discussions here, but it's become clear that it's past time they are no longer attributed to an admin.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2019, 09:07:20 am »
Probably the worst thing he could do. 

I think anyone with a passing glance of knowledge of what a lawyer would say would agree. You have to be desperate to want to go on stand. Too many ways to make you look bad, like releasing your tax forms, if you don't have to, you shouldn't do it.

What do I believe, I think this is just more dog and pony show for the crowds... Trump would honestly have to be stupid to actually let someone question him.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2019, 10:09:50 am »
Sounds good to me Mr President, but so does a lot of other stuff you said you would do. 999yawn

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2019, 03:33:19 pm »
I think anyone with a passing glance of knowledge of what a lawyer would say would agree. You have to be desperate to want to go on stand. Too many ways to make you look bad, like releasing your tax forms, if you don't have to, you shouldn't do it.

What do I believe, I think this is just more dog and pony show for the crowds... Trump would honestly have to be stupid to actually let someone question him.

This is true.  Trump thinks he is untouchable.  Otherwise he would stay quiet and let the lawyers handle it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2019, 03:34:26 pm »
You claim to want this place to be a haven where both (AT/NT) sides can express their opinions openly. 

When was the last time you blatantly insulted someone on the AT side as you have just done above (and continue to do so more or less daily) to CD (and others)?

If you want to know why people are walking away, it shouldn't be hard to figure out.

I enjoy reading your contributions to the discussions here, but it's become clear that it's past time they are no longer attributed to an admin.

@InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I see your point.  Mine is, Impeachment changed the equation.  What was "I don't support him" has become "I want him impeached and removed from office."  When the AT's also start calling for people to be removed from office by extra-electoral means, then that would be another change in the paradigm.

My personal views do not reflect the views of the Management, of which I am only a part.  "Admin" is a technical title, I don't set policy.   If my views are causing people to walk away, that's when I stop posting.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2019, 05:19:31 pm »
Sounds good to me Mr President, but so does a lot of other stuff you said you would do. 999yawn
He said he'd "strongly consider" the move, and that is appropriate. It could work either way, for or against him, so it should be strongly considered.

He did not say he'd do it, he basically said he'd think about it.

Now, watch the Dems tip their hand.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2019, 11:27:34 pm »
He said he'd "strongly consider" the move, and that is appropriate. It could work either way, for or against him, so it should be strongly considered.

He did not say he'd do it, he basically said he'd think about it.

Good point President promises things he can't or won't do...like build the wall, lock up Hitlery, repeal Obamacare, drain the swamp, eliminate the deficit, and restore America's integrity.  He "considers" things he could actually accomplish.

Now, watch the Dems tip their hand.
Nobody is wearing a poker face.  The 2 parties are like 2 fat swamp crocodiles on a seesaw, but it's broke in the middle and their both sitting in dirt, crying and pointing the finger at the other bloated crocodile.

:3:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2019, 11:32:58 pm »
Good point President promises things he can't or won't do...like build the wall, lock up Hitlery, repeal Obamacare, drain the swamp, eliminate the deficit, and restore America's integrity.  He "considers" things he could actually accomplish.
Nobody is wearing a poker face.  The 2 parties are like 2 fat swamp crocodiles on a seesaw, but it's broke in the middle and their both sitting in dirt, crying and pointing the finger at the other bloated crocodile.

:3:
In this case, he said he'd think about it. He can do that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2019, 01:23:24 am »
In heaven wrote:
"You claim to want this place to be a haven where both (AT/NT) sides can express their opinions openly."

I didn't make the claim. But I'll say my piece.
I think the ne'ertrumpers ought to be kicked OUT of this forum, right on their a@@es.

They aren't Republicans, they aren't conservatives, and they certainly don't have the best interests of the country in mind.

That's what I believe and I ain't retractin' it !!!!

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2019, 01:30:50 am »
Seriously..... unless Trump is just "effing" with them....

he would have to be even more stuckonstupid than the idiot left Democrats holding these Inquisition "Impeachment Inquiries".

And that level and kind of stupidity stretches even my rather fertile imagination.   
No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2019, 01:33:40 am »
In heaven wrote:
"You claim to want this place to be a haven where both (AT/NT) sides can express their opinions openly."

I think the ne'ertrumpers ought to be kicked OUT of this forum, right on their a@@es.

They aren't Republicans, they aren't conservatives, and they certainly don't have the best interests of the country in mind.

@Fishrrman
And I think that the kool aid drinking ATs who can never find any fault with the man should be kicked out.  They’re not conservative, they are the same mind numbed, zero intellectual honesty, droolers who would’ve Sieg Heil’d Hitler right into the Chancellory.

So good thing we embrace all opinions here, ain’t it sport?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 01:35:50 am by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2019, 02:06:55 am »
Not a good move!  They will try for that, process crime.  Old lawyers trick.  You forgot what you had for breakfast, said something different?  NOW YOU HAVE LIEDTO CONGRESS & PERJURY! (ROGER STONE)  That is what they want him to do. I would not do it!  TRUTH DOES NOT MATTER TO THE DEMON-RATS. DOES NOT MATTER HOW HONEST HE IS.   He is recovering from being poisoned!  Because he is so strong, healthy...it only slurred his speech a few times.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2019, 02:08:46 am »
In heaven wrote:

:thumbsup:    TRUE.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2019, 02:16:17 am »
In heaven wrote:
------------------------
One who knew the soul of Trump from day one was his mother, Anne MacLeod, a wise Scottish Gael.
Some 60 years past, she asked plaintively, after one of his never ending escapades;
"What kind of a person have I created"; before she sent him to military school, as a teenager.
While the Trump Fans are entitled to their opinions; his mother's intuition has proven the correct one!!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 03:27:28 am by Absalom »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2019, 02:17:46 am »
In heaven wrote:

C’mon leave em be. I enjoy their mental contortions.

Offline corbe

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2019, 02:21:49 am »
   If I were to ever put anyone here on my Ignore List @LegalAmerican you and @Fishrrman would be #1 and #2, respectively. 
   You both seem to have such a distorted picture of what TBR is and what it's Members represent.   

Haters gotta Hate.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.