Author Topic: 19th AF Commander Hopes Pilot Height Waivers Can Increase Air Force Diversity  (Read 766 times)

rangerrebew

19th AF Commander Hopes Pilot Height Waivers Can Increase Air Force Diversity
11/17/2019

​—Jennifer-Leigh Oprihory

Nineteenth Air Force Commander Maj. Gen. Craig Wills’ recent push to better publicize pilot height waivers aims to make the service’s population of aviators more diverse, he told Air Force Magazine in a Nov. 14 interview.

“The reason for now is that we want to get the word out because we want to have more female aviators, we want to have more aviators from... underrepresented groups, and we want to make sure that our Air Force looks like our nation to the max[imum] extent because we think that that leads to a more combat-capable force,” he said.

USAF rules currently stipulate that pilots must be between 5’4” and 6’5” when standing, and have “a sitting height of 34-40 inches,” according to a Nov. 5 Air Education and Training Command release.

http://www.airforcemag.com/Features/Pages/2019/November%202019/19th-AF-Commander-Hopes-Pilot-Height-Waivers-Can-Increase-Air-Force-Diversity.aspx

rangerrebew

Silly me, I would have thought skill to be more important than diversity. :pondering:

Offline jpsb

I hope our new PC Air Force can fight.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Well I certainly hope they don't come up.............short.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I can't speak for the rest of you,but I can't find words to describe how happy I am to discover that Diversity is the prime concern of a USAF General.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@jpsb

I'm hoping they know how to service and fly airplanes.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@jpsb

I'm hoping they know how to service and fly airplanes.
I'm hoping they can see over the instrument panel....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Don't worry, Joe.
They'll give 'em telephone books to sit on.
(wait... how thick are telephone books any more....?)

Offline Smokin Joe

Don't worry, Joe.
They'll give 'em telephone books to sit on.
(wait... how thick are telephone books any more....?)
I don't think you could get a tall enough stack that was stable.

Better just go with boxes....less weight than the Thomas Register or unabridged dictionaries...

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

Good grief.  Look what diversity has done for America!  Destroying it.  Celler/hart act 1965. 

We need 100% Americans...no loyalty to any other nation. Muslim soldiers killed our own men, while being in American uniforms.

Offline Smokin Joe

Good grief.  Look what diversity has done for America!  Destroying it.  Celler/hart act 1965. 

We need 100% Americans...no loyalty to any other nation. Muslim soldiers killed our own men, while being in American uniforms.
It's more like so this: 
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
can fly, too....

C S Lewis

Offline LegalAmerican

I found this below. Interesting theory. "The white man sees no race".  I didn't write it! Things to ponder. Nidal Hassan.
--------------------------------------------

Because the military has been compromised.

The military has every race from every country in it....that WEAKENS US.

Rome made the same mistake....thinking ANYONE WOULD BE a Roman soldier and not act in their own peoples interests.

Muslims, Mexicans, Koreans, Chinese, African....et al....this is not what our AMERICAN MILITARY should look like.

China, Korea, Africa....no other country has this nonsense in their military.....they know better.

Only dumbed down Europeans think you can fill our military and police with 3rd worlders who have NO CONNECTION to America to fight our wars for the Europeans who built this country.

Omar said she wanted to get rid of WESTERN IMPERIALISM....she means white people. Our military has been 3rd world for a long time....and then Obama decided trannies would work just as hard as a white man. We need to see this for what it is...a race war..and we are losing because white people refuse to see race.
Show less

Offline Smokin Joe

I found this below. Interesting theory. "The white man sees no race".  I didn't write it! Things to ponder. Nidal Hassan.
--------------------------------------------

Because the military has been compromised.

The military has every race from every country in it....that WEAKENS US.

Rome made the same mistake....thinking ANYONE WOULD BE a Roman soldier and not act in their own peoples interests.

Muslims, Mexicans, Koreans, Chinese, African....et al....this is not what our AMERICAN MILITARY should look like.

China, Korea, Africa....no other country has this nonsense in their military.....they know better.

Only dumbed down Europeans think you can fill our military and police with 3rd worlders who have NO CONNECTION to America to fight our wars for the Europeans who built this country.

Omar said she wanted to get rid of WESTERN IMPERIALISM....she means white people. Our military has been 3rd world for a long time....and then Obama decided trannies would work just as hard as a white man. We need to see this for what it is...a race war..and we are losing because white people refuse to see race.
Show less
Height waivers, folks. So short people can fly, too....

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Hey, Castro can apply now!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Height waivers, folks. So short people can fly, too....

@Smokin Joe

Actually,I think it is so tall people can fly jet fighter-bombers. They really don't have much room inside them.

Offline Smokin Joe

@Smokin Joe

Actually,I think it is so tall people can fly jet fighter-bombers. They really don't have much room inside them.
Does that mean they get hi-top cockpit canopies? Or is it low-rider ejection seats?

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Does that mean they get hi-top cockpit canopies? Or is it low-rider ejection seats?

@Smokin Joe

I am guessing they will be on flight status,get flight pay,and be fast-tracked for promotion,without ever having to fly.