Author Topic: The Bidens and Burisma  (Read 410 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The Bidens and Burisma
« on: November 17, 2019, 01:58:53 pm »
The Bidens and Burisma

Mykola Zlochevsky is the (allegedly) corrupt owner of Burisma Holdings, a Ukrainian natural gas provider.  Hunter Biden accepted a position on the board of directors with Burisma in April of 2014.  By August of the same year, Vitaly Yurema, prosecutor general of Ukraine at the time, opened an official investigation of Zlochevsky and Burisma.  By February 2015, Yurema had been replaced by a man named Viktor Shokin.  Only four months later, U.S. ambassador Geoffrey Pyatt allegedly warned Shokin to "handle the Biden investigation with kid gloves."

Apparently Shokin didn't listen so good, or maybe Pyatt didn't tell him eight or nine times that he was supposed to clear Burisma and Hunter Biden of any potential wrongdoing.  In either event, Joe Biden wasn't happy, because in March of 2016, he threatened to withhold $1 billion in U.S. foreign aid to Ukraine unless Shokin was fired within the next six hours.  How do we know this?  Why, Joe told us himself...

Cui bono?  Who benefits?  Lutsenko gets a plum job.  The Ukrainian government gets another billion dollars in U.S. foreign aid.  Hunter Biden gets three million bucks for about a week's worth of work spread over five years.  Joe Biden gets the benefit of having Hunter's corrupt business deal swept under the rug.  Everybody wins...except the U.S. taxpayer, of course...

Excerpted from:  https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2019/11/the_bidens_and_burisma.html
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien