Author Topic: UACs and HHS: 17 Years of What Not to Do  (Read 331 times)

rangerrebew

UACs and HHS: 17 Years of What Not to Do
« on: November 17, 2019, 01:36:54 pm »
UACs and HHS: 17 Years of What Not to Do
Of exploding whales and cruelty toward children

By Andrew R. Arthur on November 15, 2019

In a recent post, I discussed an opinion piece published at CNN by Sen. Richard Durbin (D-Ill.) and Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-Calif.) captioned "The Supreme Court and Congress must defend Dreamers". The two begin: "For the last two and a half years, President Donald Trump has led a campaign of unprecedented cruelty towards immigrants, especially children." Curiously, neither takes responsibility for that "cruelty towards ... children". They should not have been so modest. The story reflects what happens when government is faced with a problem and answers with a bad response.

First, let me state the obvious: I like kids. I have one myself, and have spent significant time coaching boys in two separate sports. "Coaching" in this case should properly be put in quotation marks, because while I left the technical aspects of those sports to men who were more skilled, I focused on ensuring the safety of our young charges: making sure they had the right equipment, minimizing the risk of injuries, and attending to the few injuries that did occur.

https://cis.org/Arthur/UACs-and-HHS-17-Years-What-Not-Do

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: UACs and HHS: 17 Years of What Not to Do
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 01:50:09 pm »
Good read,and there can be no doubt why it has not been promoted in the press.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!