Author Topic: Marktplatz structure at New Braunfels Wurstfest a ‘total loss’ after fire  (Read 754 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Firefighters battled a fire the reignited at the Wurstfest grounds in New Braunfels Friday morning.

On Thursday around 7:15 p.m., firefighters were called to the Wurstfest grounds at 178 Landa Park Dr., to put out a fire that was contained to a single booth in the Marktplatz area. Authorities say the fire was quickly extinguished.

On Friday morning at around 6 a.m., firefighters received a call that the fire from the night before reignited. At the scene, crews found an active fire at the same Marktplatz structure.

Multiple agencies were called in to fight the fire including the Seguin, San Marcos, Cibolo, Schertz, and Selma fire departments. The metal roof of the Marketplatz structure needed to be peeled back to gain access to the fire.

<snip>

NBPD says the damage to the structure was extensive and includes smoke, fire and water damage. They say the Marketplatz structure is a total loss. Damage to the nearby Wursthalle is considered much less significant and authorities say it remains structurally sound.

No injuries have been reported due to the fire.

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/firefighters-battle-blaze-that-erupted-at-wurst-fest-in-new-braunfels/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
...the Wurst case scenario...
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
...the Wurst case scenario...

Smoked sausages....

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I recall going with my father to the Wursthalle when it opened in 1967.  Beer was served in pails to patrons who distributed the beer into mugs.

That was when things were pretty sedate as the college kids had yet to find the place.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline LadyLiberty

I recall going with my father to the Wursthalle when it opened in 1967.  Beer was served in pails to patrons who distributed the beer into mugs.

That was when things were pretty sedate as the college kids had yet to find the place.

When we go, it's on the final Sunday.  We drive up to NB on Saturday morning, go to Gruene Hall in the afternoon, then have a nice dinner.  The next day is the last day of Wurstfest.  All of the revelers have gone home and it's all locals and families. The place is still full of people, it's just not rowdy.

Last time we went we stayed at Schlitterbahn (what a dump) on Saturday and Sunday night.  The revelers that were staying there (well over 100 of them) showed up after the festival closed on Saturday and they carried on until about 3 in the morning in the parking lot. When we got up the next morning to go to the fest, our car was the only one left.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

When we go, it's on the final Sunday.  We drive up to NB on Saturday morning, go to Gruene Hall in the afternoon, then have a nice dinner.  The next day is the last day of Wurstfest.  All of the revelers have gone home and it's all locals and families. The place is still full of people, it's just not rowdy.

Last time we went we stayed at Schlitterbahn (what a dump) on Saturday and Sunday night.  The revelers that were staying there (well over 100 of them) showed up after the festival closed on Saturday and they carried on until about 3 in the morning in the parking lot. When we got up the next morning to go to the fest, our car was the only one left.
nice to know at times one can enjoy the way it used to be.

I understand Schwamkrug's is no longer there.  Used to be a great biergarten in the old tradition.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
It always amazed me that there was such a strong German influence in New Braunfels, Fredericksburg and in Texas.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

It always amazed me that there was such a strong German influence in New Braunfels, Fredericksburg and in Texas.

There was quite a bit of immigration from Germany throughout much of the 19th Century. Bismarck's unification of Germany had a lot of coercion and oppression in it. There was a fair amount of hostility toward the German newcomers, so in typical immigrant fashion they formed their own communities. Part of my family were Volga Germans who fled Russia around the time of the failed 1905-1906 revolution. Quite a few Volga Germans settled in my Central Valley hometown, and the Lutheran church they founded switched from German to English in their services some time in the 1930s.

Volga Germans were people from Germany who in the late 18th and early 19th Centuries helped settle sparsely populated areas in Russia near the Volga and Dnieper Rivers, bringing more modern farming techniques.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.