Author Topic: ‘He might have lost his job’: Mike Pompeo ‘helpless’ to save diplomat Marie Yovanovitch, sources say  (Read 275 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘He might have lost his job’: Mike Pompeo ‘helpless’ to save diplomat Marie Yovanovitch, sources say
by Joel Gehrke
 | November 15, 2019 03:39 PM

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo was unable to stop President Trump from ousting U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, according to impeachment witnesses and people close to the situation.

“There's no way that Pompeo could go and save her,” a person with knowledge of Trump’s hostility toward Yovanovitch told the Washington Examiner. “That's just not going to work.”

Yovanovitch’s abrupt recall from Kyiv in May focused criticism on Pompeo because he failed to protect her.

“He played it poorly,” Steven Pifer, a former U.S. ambassador to Ukraine and a friend of Yovanovitch, told the Washington Examiner. “He conceded, or was prepared to concede, a huge amount of his foreign policy authority to Rudy Giuliani ... this was a situation where I think the ambassadors in the field should be backed up.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/he-might-have-lost-his-job-mike-pompeo-helpless-to-save-ambassador-marie-yovanovitch-sources-say
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
How does one "drain the swamp" if they don't drain the swamp?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Yet more sour grapes from the striped pants crowd.  :yawn2:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien