Author Topic: Impeachment Inquiry Is Bad . . . for Biden  (Read 453 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Impeachment Inquiry Is Bad . . . for Biden
« on: November 15, 2019, 01:45:46 pm »
Impeachment Inquiry Is Bad . . . for Biden

Schiff’s impeachment tribunal, aimed at Trump, is misfiring—and it comes at a precarious moment for the Biden campaign.
Julie Kelly
- November 14th, 2019

Amid the consensus that Wednesday’s congressional testimony by the Beltway version of the Duke brothers (that’s a “Trading Places” reference, millennials) fell flat without any “pizazz,” Democrats undoubtedly are scrambling to create some fireworks next week.

House Intelligence Committee chairman and Hollywood wannabe-screenwriter Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) must be channeling his inner creative genius to fabricate a dramatic role for what Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) called “the low-rent Ukrainian sequel” to the boarded-up Trump-Russia collusion theater. One can only guess who will grab the spotlight; performances from eight more impeachment accomplices begin Tuesday.

Unfortunately for the tightly scripted Schiff, one name continues to make an unwanted cameo appearance: Hunter Biden.

As former Vice President Joe Biden’s partisan bodyguards in the press bury any criticism of Hunter’s lucrative overseas business deals—the Democratic presidential candidate has declared “war” on negative coverage of his son—Schiff arguably  is staging Biden’s biggest political liability for the American people to see, unfiltered.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2019/11/14/impeachment-inquiry-is-bad-for-biden/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Impeachment Inquiry Is Bad . . . for Biden
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 02:31:21 pm »
I think this is a rather important aspect of this whole thing.  Schiff can bury any mention of the Bidens in his inquiry, but that won't happen in the Senate.

Best hope for Trump next fall is for Warren or Bernie to be the nominess.  Buttigieg would likely do better in the general election, although a ticket headed by him my really have a lot of problems with black and Latino voters, especially men.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2019, 03:05:46 pm »
I think this is a rather important aspect of this whole thing.  Schiff can bury any mention of the Bidens in his inquiry, but that won't happen in the Senate.

Best hope for Trump next fall is for Warren or Bernie to be the nominess.  Buttigieg would likely do better in the general election, although a ticket headed by him my really have a lot of problems with black and Latino voters, especially men.

Seems to me it would be better for Biden to get it out in the open now while he has time before the primaries to fully address it. The Senate trial will dredge it all up in the heart of primary season. I'm not sure how much control McConnel will have over the day-to-day schedule, but potentially he could create some serious disruption in the Warren and Sanders campaigns too.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2019, 04:06:48 pm »
Seems to me it would be better for Biden to get it out in the open now while he has time before the primaries to fully address it. The Senate trial will dredge it all up in the heart of primary season. I'm not sure how much control McConnel will have over the day-to-day schedule, but potentially he could create some serious disruption in the Warren and Sanders campaigns too.

But exactly what would Biden say?  He's taken the position that his son did nothing wrong, and that he did nothing wrong getting Ukraine to fire that prosecutor.  But no matter how many times he says it, simply looks skanky, and much too close to what Dems are accusing Trump of doing.  And admitting that he was wrong would just make it worse.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2019, 08:22:43 pm »

That is pretty much right... In terms of dirt and leverage, the sum product is whether it is worth it to the Democrats to sacrifice Biden to get at Tump.

That is probably no. But that has somewhat to do with the internal battle between the Clinton and Obama factions. So maybe it is still a wildcard.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2019, 01:24:11 am »
The democrat-communists will happily toss quid-pro-Joe under the bus.
They never really liked him anyway.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2019, 02:49:47 am »
Not really. Biden has about as much chance of being elected as I do,and I'm not running.

He is never going to get arrested or prosecuted,either. Can't have 'murikan royalty in the hoosegow. He could plead guilty to everything he has been accused of,and would still walk away from it..

"Took big to bust."
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2019, 08:17:57 am »
My enormous hatred for Sleepy Joe has me cheering for even more impeachment.   :patriot: