Author Topic: Giuliani under investigation for alleged campaign finance, lobbying breaches: report  (Read 329 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Giuliani under investigation for alleged campaign finance, lobbying breaches: report
By Jessica Campisi - 11/14/19 08:05 PM EST

President Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani is under investigation by federal prosecutors over possible campaign finance violations and accusations he failed to register as a foreign agent, Bloomberg reports.

Multiple U.S. officials told the outlet that the probe into Giuliani’s financial dealings could also lead to charges of violating bribery or conspiracy laws, with one adding that his work alongside the president has raised counterintelligence concerns.

The former New York City mayor is at the heart of House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry into Trump, as investigators look into Giuliani's role in efforts to pressure Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to investigate one of the president's chief political rivals, former Vice President Joe Biden.
Giuliani, if indicted, would likely affect Trump's defense strategy amid the ongoing probe.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/470579-rudy-giuliani-under-investigation-for-campaign-finance-lobbying
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online libertybele

Giuliani under investigation for alleged campaign finance, lobbying breaches: report
By Jessica Campisi - 11/14/19 08:05 PM EST

President Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani is under investigation by federal prosecutors over possible campaign finance violations and accusations he failed to register as a foreign agent, Bloomberg reports.

Multiple U.S. officials told the outlet that the probe into Giuliani’s financial dealings could also lead to charges of violating bribery or conspiracy laws, with one adding that his work alongside the president has raised counterintelligence concerns.

The former New York City mayor is at the heart of House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry into Trump, as investigators look into Giuliani's role in efforts to pressure Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to investigate one of the president's chief political rivals, former Vice President Joe Biden.
Giuliani, if indicted, would likely affect Trump's defense strategy amid the ongoing probe.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/470579-rudy-giuliani-under-investigation-for-campaign-finance-lobbying

It's going to be hard to paint Giuliani as corrupt; he saved NY after 9-11.  Secondly, he may be corrupt as heck but he's also been around the block a couple of times and I would hope that he's smarter than what he's being accused of.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Applewood

I believe Giuliani was good way back when, but lately, it seems he has "gone 'round the bend" so to speak.

I expect if there is any fallout over this impeachment kerfuffle, others will go down, not Trump.  And one of those in trouble will be Giuliani.