Author Topic: Trump appeals to Supreme Court to keep tax returns from NY prosecutors  (Read 231 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump appeals to Supreme Court to keep tax returns from NY prosecutors
By John Kruzel - 11/14/19 05:10 PM EST

President Trump on Thursday appealed to the Supreme Court, asking it to reverse a court order requiring his accountants to hand over eight years of tax returns, in a dramatic escalation of his fight to keep his financial records private.

Trump’s request comes after a federal appeals court in New York last week said Manhattan prosecutors could enforce a subpoena against Trump’s accounting firm Mazars USA for his personal and corporate financial records from 2011 to 2018.

A three-judge panel of the Second Circuit last week said Manhattan prosecutors could obtain Trump’s financial records as part of a grand jury investigation, over Trump’s claims of presidential immunity. Cyrus Vance Jr., the Democratic district attorney for New York County, agreed not to enforce the subpoena while Trump's lawyers sought relief from the Supreme Court.

more
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/470532-trump-appeals-to-supreme-court-to-keep-tax-returns-from-ny
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 10:41:40 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Trump appeals to Supreme Court to keep tax returns from NY prosecutors
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 10:50:06 pm »
I find it totally amazing that the previous occupant of the WH can hide his entire life forever but the current one cannot keep anything private.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Trump appeals to Supreme Court to keep tax returns from NY prosecutors
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 11:11:16 pm »
I find it totally amazing that the previous occupant of the WH can hide his entire life forever but the current one cannot keep anything private.

I find it really amazing that Trumps entire defense is based on what Obama did.  It doesn't matter what it is the response is always but Obama did this or that.  We wanted to get rid of Obama for a reason.  I hear that crap so much.  If your only defense in life is that someone else is worse it doesn't say much about you, except slimy swampy bottom scum.

And the headline is that Trump is desperate to keep his taxes hidden from NY prosecutors.  There can only be one reason for that.  He broke the law.

What is Trump hiding in his tax returns?

https://www.thenation.com/article/david-cay-johnston-trump-tax-returns/
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 12:05:39 am by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.