Author Topic: Bill Clinton advises Trump to ignore impeachment: 'You got hired to do a job'  (Read 805 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bill Clinton advises Trump to ignore impeachment: 'You got hired to do a job'
By Brett Samuels - 11/14/19 02:58 PM EST

Former President Bill Clinton (D) on Thursday advised President Trump to leave fighting impeachment to his staff and focus on his agenda.

"My message would be, look, you got hired to do a job," Clinton said during a phone interview with CNN. "You don't get the days back you blow off. Every day is an opportunity to make something good happen.

"And I would say I've got lawyers and staff people handling this impeachment inquiry, and they should just have at it," he continued. "Meanwhile, I'm going to work for the American people. That's what I would do."

Clinton is in a rare position to offer insight on how Trump might handle the prospect of impeachment, given the GOP-controlled House impeached the former Democratic president in 1998.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/470520-bill-clinton-advises-trump-to-ignore-impeachment-you-got-hired-to-do
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Is this for real?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Victoria33

I heard that call.  Didn't go to the article, it should say Clinton was on the way to receive an honor of some kind for what he did when president to start background checks for people buying guns.  They spoke of the shooting today and about Trump going through the impeachment inquiry.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

If there is anything we’ve learned from three years of Donald Trump, it’s that he ignores nothing, Bill.

Which isn’t to say Trump doesn’t ‘compartmentalize’ (remember that word from your old impeachment days, Bill?) and continue working and focusing on his job, Bill.

As far as I can tell, the coup has not discernibly slowed down Trump’s agenda or presidency, Bill.

But, thank you very much for your input, Bill.  *****rollingeyes*****

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Bill focus.  We know who your whistle blower was so kindly go home and deal with that malignant growth you are married too.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline musiclady

Bill Clinton and Donald Trump are similar in so many ways........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline PeteS in CA

The situations are not comparable. The MSM were Bill Clinton's reliable and relentless allies. Now the MSM are Donald trump's reliable and relentless enemies. I think Trump knows better than to take advice from Mr. Hillary.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online roamer_1

The situations are not comparable. The MSM were Bill Clinton's reliable and relentless allies. Now the MSM are Donald trump's reliable and relentless enemies. I think Trump knows better than to take advice from Mr. Hillary.

Yes, they are comparable... Both are by-the-book examples of runaway partisanship, and follow pretty much the same script. It just looks justified from your own direction, and like injustice from the other direction...

The only real difference is the perspective.

Offline PeteS in CA

Yes, they are comparable... Both are by-the-book examples of runaway partisanship, and follow pretty much the same script. It just looks justified from your own direction, and like injustice from the other direction...

The only real difference is the perspective.

I explained how the situations are different in these two sentences:

The MSM were Bill Clinton's reliable and relentless allies. Now the MSM are Donald trump's reliable and relentless enemies.

Another difference is that Bill Clinton was impeached for something real - and lost his Arkansas law license because of it - while Dems are now trying to conjure smoke and mirrors into something real-ish.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I explained how the situations are different in these two sentences:

Another difference is that Bill Clinton was impeached for something real - and lost his Arkansas law license because of it - while Dems are now trying to conjure smoke and mirrors into something real-ish.

:yowsa: Thank you @PeteS in CA
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

No, Clinton was impeached for lying during the proceeding... If you think Tumpy can get through this without lying under oath, you've another think coming... In fact, that is probably the greatest danger, and most likely means of getting an impeachment through.

I think this will turn out exactly that way... Impeached for lying under oath, without conviction in the senate. That to me is the most likely scenario.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

I think this will turn out exactly that way... Impeached for lying under oath, without conviction in the senate. That to me is the most likely scenario.

Bullshit.  You found The NT talking points.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

Today, Bill Clinton also blamed the California school shooting on the Republican takeover of the Senate in 1995.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
You know, once or twice a decade I agree with Bill. He's correct here.
The Republic is lost.

Online roamer_1

Bullshit.  You found The NT talking points.

Nope. Just predicting that a liar will lie. It's a leopard/spots kinda thing

Offline Hoodat

No, Clinton was impeached for lying during the proceeding... If you think Tumpy can get through this without lying under oath, you've another think coming... In fact, that is probably the greatest danger, and most likely means of getting an impeachment through.

The difference here is that Trump doesn't have to testify.  Bill Clinton chose to testify.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

The difference here is that Trump doesn't have to testify.  Bill Clinton chose to testify.

Alright... But I wouldn't put it past him... Best thing would be to keep him off the stand.
He has the right to remain silent, but I don't think he has the ability...

Same as Clinton. He thinks he has a silver tongue.

Offline PeteS in CA

https://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1998/12/09/articles.docs/

Resolution and Article I: Perjury before the grand jury
Article alleges perjury by Clinton before Independent Counsel Ken Starr's grand jury on August 17. ...

Article II: Perjury in the Jones case
Article alleges perjury in the Paula Jones civil case, charging that the president provided perjurious, false and misleading testimony as part of his answers in the affidavit and in his January 17 deposition.

Article III: Obstruction of justice
Article alleges obstruction of justice, charging Clinton with encouraging Lewinsky to submit a false affidavit and give false testimony in court, plotting to hide his gifts to her and attempting to find Lewinsky a job to prevent her truthful testimony. ...

Article IV: Abuse of power
Article alleges abuse of power, charging the president with making misleading statements for the purpose of deceiving the people of the United States, his Cabinet and White House aides.

Offline Hoodat

Alright... But I wouldn't put it past him... Best thing would be to keep him off the stand.
He has the right to remain silent, but I don't think he has the ability...

Agreed.  But with all the lessons of the past, Trump may take the smart route here.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

President Trump just may decide not to take the stand; he has his rallies and twitter as avenues to 'vent'.  Personally, I think he is being truthful and wants nothing more than to expose the massive corruption within our govt and actually am surprised that Billy Bob would offer any advice. 

Perhaps Billy is giving him advice in order to try to get the public to assume that our President is as guilty as he was.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jpsb

good advice

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

I don't disagree,  but Clinton has a good point that lost time is not found again.   Where the Trump administration is making a difference is in regulatory initiatives that are helping to keep Americans working.   That is the singular achievement of this Administration - full employment and wage growth after years of malaise.   Animal spirits are back,  and all the Dems offer are prosperity-crushers like Elizabeth Warren.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online roamer_1

Agreed.  But with all the lessons of the past, Trump may take the smart route here.

I really, and quite literally, don't think he can.  :whistle:

Online roamer_1

Personally, I think he is being truthful

:silly: :silly: :silly:
Now THAT's funny, right there.