Author Topic: Kentucky Republican Gov. Matt Bevin concedes to Dem Andy Beshear in reelection bid  (Read 260 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Kentucky Republican Gov. Matt Bevin conceded in his reelection bid against Democrat Andy Beshear on Thursday afternoon, over a week after the initial vote results were too close to call.

This is a developing story; check back for updates.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kentucky-republican-gov-matt-bevin-concedes-to-dem-andy-beshear-in-reelection-bid
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Polly Ticks

From the Courier-Journal
Matt Bevin: 'I'm not gonna contest these numbers that have come in'

FRANKFORT — Gov. Matt Bevin said Thursday that he will not contest the results of Thursday's recanvass of votes in the gubernatorial election.

"I'm not gonna contest these numbers that have come in," Bevin said in a statehouse press conference. "It isn't fair to throw that on our legislature to try to find something that there just isn't. We know of some things but just not enough to cause us to think there's gonna be meaningful change." 

The Republican governor's comments came as the Kentucky Secretary of State's Office was wrapping up the recanvass, which showed he lost by 5,136 votes to Democrat Andy Beshear.

I'm not surprised, but I am saddened.  Bevin was a rock solid conservative governor, and Beshear is going to be another nightmare.  Such is Kentucky politics.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I don't know how they do it in Kentucky, but in Wisconsin the Governor and state legislature do redistricting after the 2020 census.