Author Topic: Berkeley ‘instructor’: ‘Rural Americans’ are ‘bad people’  (Read 1052 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

https://campusreform.org/?ID=13975&fbclid=IwAR0w62JKa_82wp04DHCSgOcdvF1UysSDI476ZuqpWVApw5dcSqVMkEuXjcU

Berkeley ‘instructor’: ‘Rural Americans’ are ‘bad people’

Jackson Kernion, who describes himself as a Graduate Student Instructor at Berkeley, having taught at least 11 philosophy courses at the university since 2013, took to Twitter Wednesday to explain the academic reasoning behind his distaste for people from rural America, calling those who live in rural areas “bad people who have made bad life decisions.”

Kernion began the thread by advocating against affordable healthcare solutions in rural America, saying that “Rural Healthcare Should be expensive! And that expense should be borne by those who choose rural America!”

He argued that promoting a need for “affordable rural healthcare” is equivalent to arguing for rural Americans “to be subsidized by those who choose a more efficient way of life.”

“Same goes for rural broadband. And gas taxes,” Kernion added.

“It should be uncomfortable to live in rural America. It should be uncomfortable to not move,” he wrote.
“I unironically embrace the bashing of rural Americans. They, as a group, are bad people who have made bad life decisions. Some, I assume are good people. But this nostalgia for some imagined pastoral way of life is stupid and we should shame people who aren’t pro-city,” he wrote in a since-deleted tweet.

Some fools barely merit a retort. I wonder if he Tweeted all that with his mouth full of food grown/raised by the rural people he so detests.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online roamer_1

https://campusreform.org/?ID=13975&fbclid=IwAR0w62JKa_82wp04DHCSgOcdvF1UysSDI476ZuqpWVApw5dcSqVMkEuXjcU

Berkeley ‘instructor’: ‘Rural Americans’ are ‘bad people’

Some fools barely merit a retort. I wonder if he Tweeted all that with his mouth full of food grown/raised by the rural people he so detests.

But this is nothing new... The Country way of life has been under assault for generations...
And the pressure WILL increase, to include tiered healthcare favoring urban areas, and the rest of his examples.

The end game absolutely must include moving populations to cities, because you cannot control a man in wide open spaces, with the knowledge to grow his own food, and make his own way.

Cities foster dependency in their very design.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'd love to spit some Beech-Nut in that dude's eyes.
Word to the good professor.

A Country Boy WILL survive
Because you can't stomp us out and you can't make us run
'Cause we're them old boys raised on shotguns
We say grace, and we say ma'am
If you ain't into that, we don't give a damn

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online roamer_1

I'd love to spit some Beech-Nut in that dude's eyes.
Word to the good professor.

A Country Boy WILL survive
Because you can't stomp us out and you can't make us run
'Cause we're them old boys raised on shotguns
We say grace, and we say ma'am
If you ain't into that, we don't give a damn

That's right.
 :beer:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Every once in awhile a lefty nutjob will come forth and pull the curtain back from the true agenda.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
When not philosophizing, he likes to go hiking.

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
When not philosophizing, he likes to go hiking.

And taking long walks on the beach after taking a nap in his mothers basement.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline berdie

And taking long walks on the beach after taking a nap in his mothers basement.

And advertising for the ACA as a part time gig while wearing his jammies and drinking hot chocolate.

Offline The_Reader_David

Perhaps Mr. Kernion might repent of his attitude were he deprived of the products of rural America for a year. 

No, he wouldn't starve, but having to eat only imported foods will be a strain on his budget on a graduate teaching assistant or adjunct instructor stipend (and no lunches or dinners at Chez Panisse, which uses only locally sourced ingredients, i.e. ingredients from rural California near Berkeley, even if his advisor is picking up the tab).  And, it will be interesting to see how he manages to perform his teaching duties without using paper derived from trees farmed in rural areas (regardless of how much recycled content it has, it all came from there) and without using any electricity generated in rural areas.

An awful lot of leftist idiocy is actually urban idiocy, and Mr. Kernion seems a perfect example of the phenomenon.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 12:14:58 am by The_Reader_David »
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline LadyLiberty

Without the farmer, we'd all be naked, hungry, and sober.  (Don't know who said it).

Offline Hoodat

He argued that promoting a need for “affordable rural healthcare” is equivalent to arguing for rural Americans “to be subsidized by those who choose a more efficient way of life.”

Then why in the hell are left-wing academics like this with zero world experience promoting "affordable rural healthcare"?  Rural healthcare was affordable before liberals showed up and decided to take over control of rural lives by cramming some one-size-fits-all government healthcare BS down their throats.  What business of his is it anyway?  Why do liberals feel compelled to exert their belief system on people who live 2,000 miles away?  If he wants to live in the city, then he can live in the city.  No one in rural America is going to stand in his way.  Yet he has no qualms about imposing a burden on rural folks just to satisfy his mean-spirited narcissism.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I also wonder what this guy feels about the Amish, given their low tech, low 'carbon footprint' approach to living in the extreme rural areas.
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The expression "Educated beyond his ability to understand." comes to mind,here.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 08:18:05 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

But this is nothing new... The Country way of life has been under assault for generations...
And the pressure WILL increase, to include tiered healthcare favoring urban areas, and the rest of his examples.

The end game absolutely must include moving populations to cities, because you cannot control a man in wide open spaces, with the knowledge to grow his own food, and make his own way.

Cities foster dependency in their very design.
Can we stop shipping these idiots food, fuel, electricity, and water yet?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

Can we stop shipping these idiots food, fuel, electricity, and water yet?

Wouldn't take em long, would it?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Wouldn't take em long, would it?
Like wasps in a shop vac....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1