Author Topic: BREAKING>>Multiple people reportedly shot at Southern California high school  (Read 2173 times)

Offline Victoria33

As of 2:00 pm, central time, one 15 yr. old girl died.  One 14 yr. old male died.
Shooter was one taken to hospital with other students, today his 16th birthday; shot himself in head, in "somber" condition.  Don't know what they mean by "somber" condition - must be close to death.  Do not know sex of others in hospital - heard someone say, they were females, but first reports said they are male.

Offline mountaineer

A 16 year old with a handgun?!?  Clearly we need more gun laws to prevent this.
From Twitter:

Liz Wheeler   @Liz_Wheeler
The Santa Clarita shooter was Asian.
He used a handgun.
He was 16yo & it's illegal for him to purchase a handgun.
CA already has universal background checks.
And laws about gun storage & negligence.
Therefore, MSM will stop covering this tragedy in 3... 2.. 1...
Watch & see.
4:07 PM · Nov 14, 2019
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline berdie

From Twitter:

Liz Wheeler   @Liz_Wheeler
The Santa Clarita shooter was Asian.
He used a handgun.
He was 16yo & it's illegal for him to purchase a handgun.
CA already has universal background checks.
And laws about gun storage & negligence.
Therefore, MSM will stop covering this tragedy in 3... 2.. 1...
Watch & see.
4:07 PM · Nov 14, 2019

I believe that is the truth.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

- Daily Mail

He turned 16 today, I'm wondering if we will get his name.. ?

Offline mountaineer

Some details:
CALIFORNIA — A shooting occurred at Saugus High School in Santa Clarita, California Thursday morning, injuring at least six people and killing two.

The Los Angeles County Fire Department confirmed firefighters responded to the shooting before 8 a.m.

One of the students was struck in the stomach. One student was found at the school’s choir room. Another was struck outside the school. Four students were hospitalized at the Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital, where three are under critical condition.

A weapon was located outside the area of the shooting.

The neighboring high school, William S. Hart High School, was placed on lock-down as well.

The 16-year-old suspect, “an Asian male wearing black clothing”, was apprehended an hour after the shooting and hospitalized with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.  ...
More at Breaking911

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Firearm is 45 cal handgun. Empty when found on campus.

Suspect shot himself in head.

FYI Saugus HS is in the community named Santa Clarita, which is home to many public safety folks (police, fire, etc.)
So he was smart enough to know there was but a single bullet left and kept it for himself.

Who said these guys were dumb?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
So he was smart enough to know there was but a single bullet left and kept it for himself.

Who said these guys were dumb?

In the end he puckered up and spoiled the outcome. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Applewood

So which passenger in the Democrat clown car will be the first to decry this tragedy and call for gun confiscation?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Shooter's  father anglo, mother Japanese.

they refer to him as Asian therefore.

Father died a while back

hile back. Murderer ran track.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 11:26:45 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline verga

BKMK
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The more cynical on twitter have observed the timing - the Dems have a bad day at the impeachment hearing, followed immediately by a school shooting. Demands for gun control to follow.

Willie Brown's chew toy...Kamala Harris was one of the first to start saying we need more regulation.

The general Lib talking point seemed to hinge on something that had nothing to do with the shooting...bringing guns across state lines.

I guess that's their excuse for how this could have happened in a state that blows it's nose with the Second Amendment.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I've noticed that the coverage has the addition of and emphasis on "semi-automatic" handgun. Have other handgun shootings all been revolvers?  :shrug:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline PeteS in CA

The general Lib talking point seemed to hinge on something that had nothing to do with the shooting...bringing guns across state lines.

In what state can a 15YO legally buy a pistol? It's not a question of whether, before firing the first shot, the kid broke existing gun laws, but how many. As I said to a Prog FB friend who posted a NRA-Is-The-Bogeyman cartoon, adding more gun laws would not have prevented the shooting. I pointed out that until the focus is moved from inert metal and plastic to the problems of the shooters - the real problem - nothing will improve.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
In what state can a 15YO legally buy a pistol? It's not a question of whether, before firing the first shot, the kid broke existing gun laws, but how many. As I said to a Prog FB friend who posted a NRA-Is-The-Bogeyman cartoon, adding more gun laws would not have prevented the shooting. I pointed out that until the focus is moved from inert metal and plastic to the problems of the shooters - the real problem - nothing will improve.

The answer is none.  And Stephen Gutkowski (sp) continually pointed that out to the shrieking harpies on his Twitter feed.  But they were fixated on guns coming across the border.  Everything they were upset about...is already against the law in California and yet their laws didn't prevent this shooting.

So their howling was a distraction from that fact.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online roamer_1

In what state can a 15YO legally buy a pistol?

Here. I was hunting and trapping by myself long before 15.
By then I am pretty sure I had my own 22 pistol, .45 pistol, .22 LR semi auto, and a 30/30 carbine.

Offline Applewood

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Offline Applewood

A happy ending to a sad story.

Yes.  But I would have liked to have known a motive.  Presumably, the authorities don't have one.  Or they know but won't say. 

I expect the conspiracy theories to start in 3...2...1...

Offline Wingnut

Yes.  But I would have liked to have known a motive.  Presumably, the authorities don't have one.  Or they know but won't say. 

The motive is always the same. 

I didn't really know him.
He was kind of strange.

He was such a moody child, very hard to touch.
Even as a baby he never smiled too much

He was kind of creepy,
Sort of a dunce.
I met him at the corner bar.
I only dated the poor boy once,
That's all. Just once, that was all.

He was a very dull boy, very taciturn.

It is always the same.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Best guess on my part...his targets had bullied him for one reason or another.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
@txradioguy

Right on bullying.

I just posted elsewhere, a study by the Secret Srvice. They are good.

Charged with prtecting the President, they emphasize profiling.

In my day long ago, if a bigger, older kid bullied another, the kid would bring back his bi friend.

This Saugus kid was 1/2 Asian, his father died a couple of years back.He ran track at school.

They interviewed his mother and girlfrind with hourse, but he died.
Now days the bullied kid beings back a gun from the house.

https://apnews.com/a592850f54634daea31be69defec841e

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Teen gunman who killed two in shooting rampage at California high school dies in hospital

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/teen-gunman-who-killed-two-in-shooting-rampage-at-california-high-school-dies-in-hospital/ar-BBWPL0e?ocid=spartandhp
A 45 to the head at close range doesn't lend itself to much survival prospects.

I just wish it was his first bullet rather than his last.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mountaineer

NY Post:
The alleged gunman who killed two teens at Saugus High School in Los Angeles County and then turned the gun on himself has died from his self-inflicted bullet wound to the head, officials said Friday.

Nathaniel Berhow, 16, was pronounced dead at about 3:30 p.m., local time, on Friday, a day and a half after the shooting on the grounds of the Santa Clarita high school, the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department said.

He died with his mother at his bedside, the department said.

Berhow, an experienced gunman, had first killed two classmates — 14-year-old Dominic Blackwell and 15-year-old Gracie Anne Muehlberger — and injured three others before firing his last bullet into his head and dropping his empty gun, police said. ...

Offline Applewood

NY Post:

An experienced gunman?  Makes it sound like he's killed others before. 

A responsible gun owner knows that guns aren't meant to resolve disputes.  So I  think if this kid was being bullied or had exhibited signs of mental instability, someone should have noticed. 
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 05:10:45 pm by Applewood »

Offline PeteS in CA

Authorities recovered several firearms from the suspect’s home, as well as six firearms that were registered to the shooter’s late father, identified as Mark Berhow.

From what I've read, shooter's parents were separated and the father died when shooter was reestablishing their relationship (2 years ago, IIRC). So shooter inherited his father's guns, and shooter's Mom may not have monitored his mental state and access as well as she should.

As to shooter's expertise, I've heard that .45 ACP pistols can be a handful to shoot - someone with experience is welcome to set me straight - and the guy, with his Asian ancestry and being age 16, probably was fairly slight of build. So it seems likely to me that he spent significant time learning to shoot and control the gun he used.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 03:46:27 pm by PeteS in CA »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.