Author Topic: Michigan Bills Would Give Drivers’ Licenses to Illegal Aliens  (Read 467 times)

rangerrebew

Michigan Bills Would Give Drivers’ Licenses to Illegal Aliens

By David Jaroslav | FAIR Take | November 2019

Legislators in Michigan have introduced bills that would allow illegal aliens to procure drivers’ licenses.  Despite support from Governor Gretchen Whitmer (D), there is a good chance these bills can be stopped by the Republican-majority state legislature. Already 14 states have passed driver’s licenses laws.

On October 31, State Senator Stephanie Chang (D-Detroit) surrounded by various open-borders groups held a press conference to push for her bill, Senate Bill (SB) 631, which gives illegal aliens driver’s licenses.  Representative Alex Garza (D-Taylor) introduced the House companion bill, House Bill (HB) 5192.  Sen. Winnie Brinks (D-Grand Rapids) and Rep. Rachel Hood (D-Grand Rapids) introduced SB 632 and HB 5193 respectively which gives illegal aliens state ID cards.  Granting driver’s licenses or ID cards to illegal aliens treats them as if they are lawfully present and facilitates illegal conduct. It is one of the most useful items to create the appearance of lawful presence and allows illegal aliens to continue to live and work in the state in violation of federal law.

https://www.fairus.org/legislation/state-local-legislation/michigan-bills-would-give-drivers-licenses-illegal-aliens

rangerrebew

Re: Michigan Bills Would Give Drivers’ Licenses to Illegal Aliens
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 02:57:07 pm »

What do all the Ds behind their names mean? :whistle:

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 05:29:33 pm »
@rangerrebew

My first thought is "This is a VERY bad thing!"

My second thought is "This gives us a photo of them and their current addresses."
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2019, 05:30:21 pm »
What do all the Ds behind their names mean? :whistle:

@rangerrebew

"Dummy"?

Online berdie

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2019, 08:40:31 pm »
@rangerrebew

"Dummy"?

You are very polite @sneakypete . The word I had in mind started with "dumb" and ended differently...But I am told that one shouldn't curse on the internet. :whistle:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2019, 08:46:35 pm »
@rangerrebew

My first thought is "This is a VERY bad thing!"

My second thought is "This gives us a photo of them and their current addresses."

A photo tied to an alias and a very temporary address....

~meh~

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2019, 09:37:05 pm »
Hmmmm..... it's almost as though Progressive forces are working to intentionally devalue citizenship by neutering its privileges and blurring national borders.  What could they be up to, I wonder....?   :pondering:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2019, 10:43:01 pm »

You are very polite @sneakypete

@berdie

That is very true. Everybody notices it.