Author Topic: Mr. Erdogan goes to Washington  (Read 293 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Mr. Erdogan goes to Washington
« on: November 14, 2019, 03:55:09 am »
Mr. Erdogan goes to Washington
Jazz ShawPosted at 8:01 am on November 13, 2019

excerpt:

The President is describing this as a trade negotiation meeting, and he’s certainly within his rights to address such matters. But even on the subject of trade, Turkey has been a bad faith actor this year. Our supposed ally has already purchased two shipments of Russian S-400 missile systems, despite having been offered our Patriot missiles as an alternative. The Russian technology is not compatible with the equipment used by NATO forces and may wind up compromising restricted military hardware.

On top of that, Erdogan is reportedly close to inking a deal to purchase Su-35 fighter jets from the Russians as well. At this point, that might wind up being for the best because the other alternative was to have the United States sell them our state of the art F-35 fighters. If Erdogan is just going to turn around and expose our most advanced military hardware to his new buddies in Moscow, that turns the sale into a Lose-Lose proposition.

And let’s not forget that Turkey is currently patrolling the northern border of Syria in conjunction with Russian troops. Reports continue to surface of Turkish military units gunning down Kurdish civilian protesters.

https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-shaw/2019/11/13/mr-erdogan-goes-washington/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Mr. Erdogan goes to Washington
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 05:38:48 am »
CBN perspective on the visit

CBN News spoke with an expert Wednesday who said this meeting was an opportunity for Trump to take a firm stand against some of Erdogan's actions.
"It's a great honor to be with President Erdogan," Trump told reporters.

As President Trump welcomed Erdogan and his wife to the White House his tone was positive, almost doting.

"The president and I have been, we've been very good friends," Trump said. "We've been friends for a long time almost from day 1."

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2019/november/erdogans-white-house-visit-were-hard-truths-spoken-to-the-turkish-leader
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.