Author Topic: Life without Petroleum Products  (Read 848 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Life without Petroleum Products
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 03:08:01 am »

https://www.aei.org/carpe-diem/video-of-the-day-life-without-petroleum-based-products/
I’m pretty sure that even if AOC and Bernie could unrealistically get enough windmills and solar panels to produce all of America’s electricity and get everybody to drive an electric car, they would still want these petroleum-based products to still be produced, including heart valves, eyeglasses, and dentures for voters in Sen. Sanders’ demographic, tires for everybody’s electric car, ink to print AOC’s and Bernie’s campaign literature and the New York Times, etc.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 03:23:08 am »
Even from a wholly off-grid POV, going all the way old-school, Getting rig of ALL petroleum products is nigh on impossible.

Off grid with no kerosene or white gas? No lanterns?
Game changer.

Offline Joe Wooten

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2019, 03:23:40 am »
You'd still need grease for the bearings and joints in an electric car. Where would they expect to get that? Along with the plastic for the body and interior. I guess they could go back to using pig fat for grease and make the entire car from steel, but wait, don't you need coke, made from coal or oil, to make steel? And some source of heat to melt it?

Offline Absalom

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2019, 04:33:13 am »
Petroleum products existed in Nature long before the creation of the oil and gas industry!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2019, 10:31:22 am »
http://wattsupwiththat.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Life-Without-Petroleum1.mp4?_=1

Just wait till the masses get to see what it was like to live in the 1800's. That will go over just fine.  /s
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline thackney

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2019, 12:59:36 pm »
You'd still need grease for the bearings and joints in an electric car. Where would they expect to get that? Along with the plastic for the body and interior. I guess they could go back to using pig fat for grease and make the entire car from steel, but wait, don't you need coke, made from coal or oil, to make steel? And some source of heat to melt it?

Not to mention many of the roads everyone drives upon.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer