Author Topic: Americans Probably Have the Same Reaction to Today's Hearing as Ken Starr  (Read 657 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Americans Probably Have the Same Reaction to Today's Hearing as Ken Starr
Beth Baumann

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 6:45 PM

After the Democrats' bogus impeachment hearing with Ambassador Bill Taylor on Wednesday, former United States Solicitor General Ken Starr told Fox News' Bret Bair that "no crime was proven today."

“The members were very strong. I think the members overall acquitted themselves extremely well on both sides of the aisle. The quality of the questioning was extremely high for the most part," he said. "One key thing, the Republicans not only are rock solid, so that means if this trend continues, there is no hope for impeachment, for the conviction of the House — I mean, in the Senate."

But Starr's biggest takeaway: Democrats failed to prove President Donald Trump proved a crime, like what was very clear during the impeachment proceedings against Presidents Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2019/11/13/ken-starr-blasts-democrats-you-didnt-prove-a-crime-was-committed-n2556462
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Americans Probably Have the Same Reaction to Today's Hearing as Ken Starr
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 03:19:41 am »
After the Democrats' bogus impeachment hearing with Ambassador Bill Taylor on Wednesday, former United States Solicitor General Ken Starr told Fox News' Bret Bair that "no crime was proven today."

The journey of 1,000 miles starts with a first step.

I was pleasantly surprised to see so many democrats praise Ambassador Taylor for his military service.  I'm still watching it so I hope I see some GOP members commend him for his service...even though he is a NeverTrumper according to President Trump.

Tom Nichols @RadioFreeTom
And serves as a reminder again that if enough people had made an exception for *their* GOP member of Congress and kept the Republicans in the House majority, Nunes would be burying all this and conducting some sham investigation of Joe Biden while more Ukrainians die.

Offline kidd

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 03:45:55 am »
I was pleasantly surprised to see so many democrats praise Ambassador Taylor for his military service.
Yes, that's been a pretty rare thing since the end of the Korean War.
Suddenly the democrats are extolling the military, although its his role as Ambassador that is relevant.
Maybe he was a Boy Scout at one time. I'll bet he's a practicing Christian too.

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2019, 04:29:35 am »
Yes, that's been a pretty rare thing since the end of the Korean War.
Suddenly the democrats are extolling the military, although its his role as Ambassador that is relevant.
Maybe he was a Boy Scout at one time. I'll bet he's a practicing Christian too.
It's telling how the GOP forgets to honor the vets who don't protect President Trump above all. 

Offline kidd

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2019, 05:10:27 am »
It's telling how the GOP forgets to honor the vets who don't protect President Trump above all.
I see no evidence that they forgot to honor vets. Have you researched how "the GOP" spent their time on Monday? There is a time and place. To hint that the Ambassador is somehow immune from scrutiny in his role as Ambassador because he is a vet is illogical. To suggest that that the time and place of this inquiry is the time and place to review the Ambassador's contribution to the military is a giant non-sequitur.

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2019, 07:00:49 am »
I see no evidence that they forgot to honor vets. Have you researched how "the GOP" spent their time on Monday? There is a time and place. To hint that the Ambassador is somehow immune from scrutiny in his role as Ambassador because he is a vet is illogical. To suggest that that the time and place of this inquiry is the time and place to review the Ambassador's contribution to the military is a giant non-sequitur.
@kidd
Do you understand how saying "honor for service" is not even close to "immunity from scrutiny?" 
I think anytime a vet is introduced to millions of people through live television it's an appropriate and politically smart time to honor their service. 
The GOP failed to acknowledge it.  They looked petty, as do their disingenuously indignant apologists. :patriot:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 07:02:03 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2019, 03:57:58 pm »
@Once-Ler for one who has claimed to not be in support of Impeachment and removal, you sure can be counted upon to ape the Democrat talking points.  You wouldn't be lying to us about that, would you?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2019, 04:47:04 pm »

@Once-Ler

Are you a professional fool,or do you do this for a hobby,and don't get paid for it?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2019, 05:08:26 pm »
I don't think many peoples' minds on either side were changed much,   people see what they want to see.  That's the State of politics today.

Offline kidd

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2019, 06:42:16 pm »
@kidd
Do you understand how saying "honor for service" is not even close to "immunity from scrutiny?" 
I do.
And I recognize when someone is being disingenuous

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2019, 06:54:29 pm »

:yowsa:  :thumbsup: :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2019, 07:28:52 pm »
@Once-Ler for one who has claimed to not be in support of Impeachment and removal, you sure can be counted upon to ape the Democrat talking points.  You wouldn't be lying to us about that, would you?
@Cyber Liberty
You might have read that from my comments, but I have not written that.  I don't know how I convinced you I wasn't a NeverTrumper, but that was never my intention.  I have written that Trump WILL be impeached by the House, but is unlikely to be removed by the Senate.  My observations are my own.  Nunes started out talking to conspiracy nuts about Crowdstrike and FusionGPS to appeal to the base, Schiff laid out a fact based narrative with lots of respect for government service both diplomatic and military to appeal to moderates and NeverTrumpers.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2019, 07:42:55 pm »
@Once-Ler

Are you a professional fool,or do you do this for a hobby,and don't get paid for it?

IMHO @sneakypete @Once-Ler  is a professional Democrat troll and why he is still allowed to post here is a complete mystery to me. 

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2019, 07:44:49 pm »
[...] people see what they want to see.

True in my case... I have seen exactly none of it... Which is what I want.

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2019, 07:51:34 pm »
IMHO @sneakypete @Once-Ler  is a professional Democrat troll and why he is still allowed to post here is a complete mystery to me.
@Bigun

Professional???

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2019, 10:40:32 pm »

@Bigun

Why not let him post? We all know who he is and what he is trying to do,so he is harmless. Besides,it keeps him from playing in the street.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2019, 10:45:33 pm »
@Bigun

Why not let him post? We all know who he is and what he is trying to do,so he is harmless. Besides,it keeps him from playing in the street.

:yowsa: That must be it @sneakypete!  My bad.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2019, 10:53:08 pm »
Yup! :yowsa:

He's on ignore for me so I only see what he posts when someone quotes him.  It's all good.  :whistle:

- J. R. R. Tolkien