Author Topic: LIVE THREAD: Impeachment Inquiry  (Read 4505 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
LIVE THREAD: Impeachment Inquiry
« on: November 13, 2019, 12:32:07 am »
When are the hearings and how do I follow along?

The first hearing is on Wednesday beginning at 10 a.m. ET. The second hearing is scheduled for 9 a.m. ET on Friday. You can watch live on NPR.org and listen to special coverage on many local public radio stations.

Who is testifying?

Schiff is using this week's hearings to focus on the testimony from officials who handled U.S. policy in Ukraine. All three have already appeared in closed-door interviews and backed up the complaint filed by an anonymous whistleblower that set off the impeachment inquiry. Transcripts of those interviews have already been released.

The three witnesses who will appear:

William Taylor, the top diplomat in Ukraine, told investigators that he learned shortly after he was tapped for his post that there was a parallel foreign policy channel set up that he believed undermined U.S. national security interests.

George Kent, the deputy assistant secretary of state for European and Eurasian affairs, described how Rudy Giuliani, the president's personal lawyer, went against the traditional bipartisan approach regarding U.S. support for Ukraine in an effort to push for political investigations.

Marie Yovanovitch was ousted from her post as the U.S. ambassador to Ukraine in May after a campaign led by Giuliani to criticize her performance and alleged lack of support for the president's policies. She recounted in her closed-door testimony that she was told by Ukrainians to "watch my back" because Giuliani's associates were pushing their business interests and viewed her as an obstacle.

How will questioning work during the hearing?

A resolution approved by the House lays out the impeachment inquiry process, including the format for public hearings. Usually, lawmakers get five minutes of questions each. In these hearings, though, Chairman Schiff and ranking member Devin Nunes, R-Calif., will have opportunities for expanded questioning of equal time, up to 45 minutes each. They can also yield that time to a designated committee staff lawyer. After the longer period of questioning, the committee will go back to the shorter rounds with other members.

more here
https://www.npr.org/2019/11/12/778215350/impeachment-hearing-faq-who-will-testify-and-how-the-questioning-will-work
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Re: LIVE THREAD: Impeachment Inquiry
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 12:37:19 am »
Has Schiff come up with an impeachable offense yet?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 12:38:53 am »
 :2popcorn:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 12:48:45 am »
:2popcorn:

Bookmarking. And pass the  :pop41:  although if it’s cold I might have hot cocoa
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 12:51:20 am by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2019, 01:03:26 am »
Democrats announce public impeachment hearings with seven witnesses next week
By Olivia Beavers - 11/12/19 07:54 PM EST

House Democrats on Tuesday announced a spate of additional hearings for next week as part of their public phase of the impeachment inquiry, as they seek to make the case that President Trump pressured a foreign government for his political benefit.

House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) said the committee expected to hear on Tuesday from key witnesses like Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, a top Ukraine expert on the National Security Council (NSC), and Jennifer Williams, an aide to Vice President Mike Pence.

Schiff said on Wednesday they plan to hear from U.S. Ambassador to the E.U. Gordon Sondland, who revised his testimony to say he believed the president "likely" conditioned nearly $400 million in aid to opening such probes. Later that afternoon, they will hear from top Defense official Laura Cooper, who testified about decisions to withhold the aid, and David Hale, the Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs.

Democrats will wrap up the second week of public hearings with testimony from Fiona Hill, former NSC senior director for Europe and Russia, who testified about her concern that Trump's lawyer Rudy Giuliani and others sought to remove a top diplomat to Ukraine.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/470187-democrats-announce-public-impeachment-hearings-with-seven-witnesses
Support the USO

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2019, 01:17:41 am »
ARE YOU READY TO RUUUUMMMBLE!!!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2019, 01:23:07 am »
Please report well as this is the only account I will see or read.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2019, 01:40:39 am »
Please report well as this is the only account I will see or read.

I will try but I have an appointment tomorrow that I can't cancel..I hope others here help..
Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2019, 01:43:00 am »
I will try but I have an appointment tomorrow that I can't cancel..I hope others here help..

Thanks @mystery-ak. I'm sure it will be fully reported here.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2019, 02:11:49 am »
A source that I respect, has been debating on Twitter, and the best case is that Trump has violated "Norms," which these unelected bureacrats feel entitled to establish, administer, and woe be to anybody that challenges, that stance.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2019, 03:35:50 am »
A source that I respect, has been debating on Twitter, and the best case is that Trump has violated "Norms," which these unelected bureacrats feel entitled to establish, administer, and woe be to anybody that challenges, that stance.
@truth_seeker
I don't think President Trump would admit to violating "norms," and I think if I was President, I would want a cooler article of impeachment.  That is going to look so lame in the history books. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2019, 04:19:40 am »

According to the testimony so far these "norms" that have been "violated" are referring to policy, not any law or previous actions taken by any president.  ... That and POTUS having the nerve to execute his right to replace an ambassador.

@truth_seeker

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2019, 04:22:31 am »
bkmk

Offline Applewood

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2019, 09:26:33 am »
Well, I said in another thread that I expect the hearings to be a snoozer, so I'm not watching.  God bless those of you who will be enduring this dog and pony show.  I'll check back for highlights and lowlights here once in a while. 

In the meantime, Netflix has a really good old movie, Butterfield 8, starring Elizabeth Taylor.  I saw it many years ago, but I have probably forgotten most of it.  So I will be playing this movie to refresh my memory. 

For those of you who will be watching and reporting --thank you. 

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2019, 11:04:56 am »
Well, I said in another thread that I expect the hearings to be a snoozer, so I'm not watching.  God bless those of you who will be enduring this dog and pony show.  I'll check back for highlights and lowlights here once in a while. 

In the meantime, Netflix has a really good old movie, Butterfield 8, starring Elizabeth Taylor.  I saw it many years ago, but I have probably forgotten most of it.  So I will be playing this movie to refresh my memory. 

For those of you who will be watching and reporting --thank you.

Ooh. Old movie. Elizabeth Taylor! Adding to my que. I saw it years ago too. But... :2popcorn:
Thanks @Applewood she sure was beautiful back then.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 11:06:01 am by Gefn »

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2019, 01:44:39 pm »
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2019, 02:20:07 pm »
 Schiff’s lead witnesses have no real evidence — and neither does he

By Betsy McCaughey

https://nypost.com/2019/11/12/schiffs-lead-witnesses-have-no-real-evidence-and-neither-does-he/
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2019, 02:38:07 pm »
Ronna McDaniel
@GOPChairwoman
·
11m
During Bill Clinton’s impeachment inquiry, his lawyers were given 30 hours over multiple days to defend themselves.

How many hours have @realDonaldTrump
’s lawyers been granted?

ZERO.

Pelosi promised fairness, but there is none!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2019, 02:39:22 pm »
Lisa Desjardins
@LisaDNews
·
1m
AM TOLD: George Kent added a bit more meat to his opening statement because: when he wrote the first one it was before he was under subpoena order and also before his testimony had been summarized in the press. 

He now wants to point out what he feels is most important.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2019, 02:41:01 pm »
Charlie Kirk
@charliekirk11
·
2m
This is what Democrats are impeaching today:

Lowest ever black unemployment

$5,000 gain in average middle class household income

The defeat of ISIS

Korean Peace

Record stock market

6 million new jobs

6 million off of food stamps

They hate Trump more than they love America
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2019, 02:41:32 pm »
Support the USO

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2019, 02:41:34 pm »
Drudge has a live streaming link on his site if you aren’t near a tv.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2019, 02:46:39 pm »
Kambree Kawahine Koa
@KamVTV
·
3m
During the impeachment hearings today remember that NONE of these witnesses were listening in on the call with Trump. NONE have first hand information.

This is all the Democrats have. Witnesses who heard gossip.

You can’t make this crap up, y’all.
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2019, 02:47:53 pm »
Lindsey Graham
@LindseyGrahamSC
·
5m
Did the whistleblower help arrange phone call between former VP Biden and the former President of Ukraine (Poroshenko) complaining about prosecutors behavior toward Burisma, the Ukrainian gas company where Hunter Biden was a member of the board?
Show this thread

Lindsey Graham
@LindseyGrahamSC
3m
Replying to
@LindseyGrahamSC
Did the whistleblower actively participate in an effort to back Ukrainian officials off a Burisma investigation after U.S. State Department received complaints from Burisma’s American board members?

Lindsey Graham
@LindseyGrahamSC
3m
Did VP Biden talk to Ukrainian President Poroshenko about prosecutors efforts to investigate Burisma, the gas company where Hunter Biden served as a board member?
Support the USO