Author Topic: Moderate Republicans building 'farm team' to recapture House in 2022  (Read 1448 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Moderate Republicans building 'farm team' to recapture House in 2022
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2019, 03:46:11 am »
That was a brilliant post!
I really appreciate that coming from you. :beer:

Online The_Reader_David

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2019, 04:10:10 am »
That is absolutely true, but the GOP does less damage as a minority party.  They should stay rabidly true to whatever passes for their principles today.

That's because when in the minority, the let they Democrats be the ones doing damage. 

One the whole, I prefer the GOP doing more damage to the 'Rats doing more damage, since the 'Rats are so much more effective at running the country into the ground than the GOP are.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2019, 05:02:34 am »
That's because when in the minority, the let they Democrats be the ones doing damage. 

One the whole, I prefer the GOP doing more damage to the 'Rats doing more damage, since the 'Rats are so much more effective at running the country into the ground than the GOP are.
The "lesser evil" is not a great endorsement, but one I've heard for 30 years.  You've got a right to your opinion.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2019, 05:09:35 am »
@Chosen Daughter

ROFLMAO! You really are funny,even if you don't know it.

Who would have known that I had something in common with Trump?  Do you think I can fill a stadium?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2019, 05:42:48 am »
@jmyrlefuller
That's a binary choice I gave up on in 2016.  I found both choices unacceptable.  Usually parties are kept in check by the voters and the rest of society.  If a Party passes an over reaching unpopular healthcare bill, the voters replace the party in a backlash like 2010, and the states refuse to adopt it.  Even if the rats swept the Senate and the White House the GOP media, the GOP states, and GOP judges would obstruct.

President Trump had 2 years of GOP control of Congress.  All he passed was taxcuts.  Every Republican passes tax cuts.  Some of them do it with a democrat Congress. 

The President is the poster child for promises unfulfilled.  That's not scary.  I have no reason to believe democrats will enact their unworkable pie in the sky campaign lies.

I have lost faith in the GOP as a protector of standards of political conduct.  They have not kept the worst tendencies of President Trump in check but rather excused his behavior and even relished in it.  When Nixon directed the break in of the democratic office in the Watergate bldg, the GOP didn't cheer it on and say the President was obligated to investigate corruption.

I don't understand that thinking but I understand that some people think it is a valid excuse.  They scare me, because for me it is a compelling democrat campaign issue.  The GOP has become a one issue party.  Trump.  The rats have become a one issue party.  Stop Trump.
I think the rats "put a check on President Trump" argument is superior, and popular, but we will know in Nov.

I ask myself am I better off than I was 4 years ago and I can't tell.  Its been 8 years of suck.  Food prices are higher, gas is lower.  I can say I feel worse about my country and my children's futures.  I feel politically alienated and I hate the animosity between Americans that Trump encourages at every twitter/bathroom break.  I don't like our leader and I hope he gets replaced with someone who can honestly say they're President of all the people even democrats, and Never Trumpers.

Thanx for the reply

There is no GOP any longer.  Established in 1854 and while in a weakened state demolished by Trump 2016.  Out with the old swamp in with the new. 

"Five, 10 years from now — different party," Trump said. "You're going to have a worker's party." -Donald Trump
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2019, 05:57:01 am »
You mean the one your team slaughtered in a scorched-earth fire on Trump's way to the top?

Couldn't have said it better.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Absalom

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2019, 06:03:30 am »
That is absolutely true, but the GOP does less damage as a minority party.  They should stay rabidly true to whatever passes for their principles today.
--------------------------------
Indeed..........whatever passes for their principles.............
The republicrats emerged in 1856 w/Fremont of Cal as nominee
and never represented principled conservatism. NOT FOR A DAY!
They began as a progressive left gaggle of hustlers representing
mercantile then later crony corporate interests where they remain
at this very moment!!!

Offline jpsb

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2019, 06:11:17 am »
No such thing as a "moderate Republican."  Anyone who says he is a "moderate Republican" is a liberal.

:thumbsup:

Online The_Reader_David

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2019, 02:47:38 pm »
The "lesser evil" is not a great endorsement, but one I've heard for 30 years.  You've got a right to your opinion.

I'm afraid when you've got a choice between two groups of fallen human beings both seeking power, all you ever get is the choice between the greater evil and the lesser evil.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2019, 03:32:28 pm »
I'm afraid when you've got a choice between two groups of fallen human beings both seeking power, all you ever get is the choice between the greater evil and the lesser evil.

Then all of it is pointless. Me, I will require an higher standard than that.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2019, 05:47:52 am »
Then all of it is pointless. Me, I will require an higher standard than that.

Myself also.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2019, 04:18:31 pm »
Myself also.
The problem with that line of thinking is that while you are waiting for the perfect, pure candidate (?), the cockroaches and termites that are destroying the country (we know who they are) keep gaining office because "principled" conservatives don't like to hold their noses when they vote for a particular candidate.
Trump is certainly not my favorite Pubbie, but he's still far better than whomever the Dems will offer up to help finish off the Great Republic.
The goal is to stop the destruction of our country.  The Dems are hellbent on destroying everything. Very imperfect Trump at least will try to prevent that.

Offline bilo

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2019, 05:02:00 pm »
Moderate (liberal) Pubs would be fine if they would support the party on the big issues, but they don't. The country elects a Pub POTUS who ran on very clear issues and the country gave the Pubs control of the Congress. When The POTUS tried to implement the issues he ran on the liberal Pubs, instead of negotiating and trying to get some of their views included, saw to it that very little was implemented legislatively. No surprise, the Pubs lost the House in 2018. After all why vote for a Pub that won't do anything.

I don't see how the moderates really help Pubs if there is no party discipline.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2019, 05:44:39 pm »
This has Jebbie Bush's stench all over it.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Applewood

« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2019, 07:23:01 pm »
The problem with that line of thinking is that while you are waiting for the perfect, pure candidate (?), the cockroaches and termites that are destroying the country (we know who they are) keep gaining office because "principled" conservatives don't like to hold their noses when they vote for a particular candidate.
Trump is certainly not my favorite Pubbie, but he's still far better than whomever the Dems will offer up to help finish off the Great Republic.
The goal is to stop the destruction of our country.  The Dems are hellbent on destroying everything. Very imperfect Trump at least will try to prevent that.

I don't know that anyone here is looking for the perfect candidate.  I believe we all know such a creature doesn't exist. 

But Good Grief!  There have to be better candidates than the ones we have to choose from.  No one of them really gives a flying fig about any of us.  They make all kinds of promises with no intention of fulfilling them.  A bunch of lazy lumps and con artists. 

I would not count on anyone -- and that includes Trump -- to "save us" from the destruction to come.  Trump has had plenty of opportunities during the first couple of years to accomplish great things.  He squandered those opportunities.  All of the Republicans did.  Even if Trump survives impeachment and is re-elected, he will still not have the house and it's conceivable he might not have the senate either.  So how is he going to do anything  in his next term even if he wants to?    And I don't think he wants to.  It's far less taxing on him to do nothing and then blame someone else -- Democrats, Republicans, he doesn't care -- for his broken promises 

All of them share the blame, Republicans, Democrats and yes, even Trump, for the mess we are in now and the bigger mess to come. 

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2019, 07:25:02 pm »

:yowsa: :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2019, 07:26:43 pm »
I don't know that anyone here is looking for the perfect candidate.  I believe we all know such a creature doesn't exist. 

But Good Grief!  There have to be better candidates than the ones we have to choose from.  No one of them really gives a flying fig about any of us.  They make all kinds of promises with no intention of fulfilling them.  A bunch of lazy lumps and con artists. 

I would not count on anyone -- and that includes Trump -- to "save us" from the destruction to come.  Trump has had plenty of opportunities during the first couple of years to accomplish great things.  He squandered those opportunities.  All of the Republicans did.  Even if Trump survives impeachment and is re-elected, he will still not have the house and it's conceivable he might not have the senate either.  So how is he going to do anything  in his next term even if he wants to?    And I don't think he wants to.  It's far less taxing on him to do nothing and then blame someone else -- Democrats, Republicans, he doesn't care -- for his broken promises 

All of them share the blame, Republicans, Democrats and yes, even Trump, for the mess we are in now and the bigger mess to come.

Would you, and upstanding American citizen, even consider running for President in this climate?  Asking for a friend.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2019, 07:27:36 pm »

pointing-up :yowsa:

And NECESSARILY, The buck stops at the top.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2019, 07:31:37 pm »
MITT/JEB!
in 2020

*****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2019, 09:18:39 pm »
Would you, and upstanding American citizen, even consider running for President in this climate?  Asking for a friend.

LOL  Well, I couldn't anyway.  I'm an old bag with health issues.  But I keep hoping there would be someone younger, healthier and honest with a strong sense of ethics and morals and a willingness to work hard and make sacrifices - not sit on his rear collecting a paycheck -- who could do good things for this country instead of for himself. 

It's what I miss about the Greatest Generation.  Yes, that generation had its share of lowlifes.  But when duty called, most of them answered the call.  They did what had to be done for the good of this nation.  That generation is all but gone and we don't have anything close to replace it.  Now all we have are gimmedats, thieves and sloths.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2019, 09:26:18 pm »

Good post, @Applewood .  I think you're speaking for a lot of Americans with these words.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2019, 09:31:34 pm »
LOL  Well, I couldn't anyway.  I'm an old bag with health issues.  But I keep hoping there would be someone younger, healthier and honest with a strong sense of ethics and morals and a willingness to work hard and make sacrifices - not sit on his rear collecting a paycheck -- who could do good things for this country instead of for himself. 

It's what I miss about the Greatest Generation.  Yes, that generation had its share of lowlifes.  But when duty called, most of them answered the call.  They did what had to be done for the good of this nation.  That generation is all but gone and we don't have anything close to replace it.  Now all we have are gimmedats, thieves and sloths.

Thank you @Applewood for the honest answer.  There are many such people here but damned few who can withstand that kind of anal exam or be willing to subject themselves to it in the first place.

When you find your guy or gal let me know. I might be interested.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2019, 02:17:11 am »
Title:
"Moderate Republicans building 'farm team' to recapture House in 2022..."

What good will it do to elect a "farm team" that starts actin' like a bunch of scarecrows once they get into Congress...?

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2019, 02:24:05 am »

Good post.  Trump did have opportunity and he seemed to self destruct.  The firings and the drama.  Him signing amnesty legislation.  Everything that Trump has done only worked against him.  He never acted serious.  He joked about everything and he gave Democrats the fuel for the fire.