Author Topic: Moderate Republicans building 'farm team' to recapture House in 2022  (Read 1450 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Ryan Lovelace - The Washington Times - Monday, November 11, 2019

The Republican Main Street Partnership is beginning to build a “farm team” to help the GOP recapture the House from Democrats come 2022.

The group of moderate Republicans, which bills itself as “the governing wing of the Republican Party,” counts 55 members of Congress in its ranks, according to its website, and it is in the early stages of charting the GOP’s way back to the majority in the House.

Republican Main Street Partnership CEO Sarah Chamberlain said her team is focused in 2020 on protecting vulnerable House Republicans while flipping a handful of seats that Democrats added in the 2018 midterms.

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/nov/11/moderate-republicans-building-farm-team-recapture-/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline roamer_1

Re: Moderate Republicans building 'farm team' to recapture House in 2022
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 12:57:48 am »
moderates. woohoo. And all y'all will vote em in...

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2019, 01:02:41 am »
Moderates are a dying breed, and unwelcome in the nationalist GOP.  They should quit as so many others have.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 01:22:54 am by Once-Ler »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 01:06:11 am »
Moderates are a recipe for failure.

Trump was elected, not moderates like McCain or Romney.

Idiots never learn.

As Ron White famously said. "You can't fix stupid"
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 01:07:06 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2019, 02:51:31 am »
Well, you do need several dozen moderates to form a majority.  Most of the swing vote dwells in the suburbs.

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2019, 03:21:08 am »
Well, you do need several dozen moderates to form a majority.  Most of the swing vote dwells in the suburbs.
That is absolutely true, but the GOP does less damage as a minority party.  They should stay rabidly true to whatever passes for their principles today.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2019, 03:16:49 pm »
What's their campaign slogan going to be,"Vote Wishy-Washy in 2022!"?

Or maybe something like "Unlike our opponents,we don't have a record to stand on!"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2019, 03:19:22 pm »
Why? They won't do anything with it if they do capture it.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2019, 03:24:31 pm »
What's their campaign slogan going to be,"Vote Wishy-Washy in 2022!"?

Or maybe something like "Unlike our opponents,we don't have a record to stand on!"

'Try our mush, it tastes - OK"

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2019, 03:27:01 pm »
moderates. woohoo. And all y'all will vote em in...

Moderates are the ones opposing securing the country.  And I am sure that moderates are the 27% Democrat kind of people attending Trumps rallies.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 03:28:58 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2019, 03:31:22 pm »
Moderates are the ones opposing securing the country.  And I am sure that moderates are the 27% Democrat kind of people attending Trumps rallies.

For the love of Pete please stop.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2019, 03:43:34 pm »
For the love of Pete please stop.

No, I won't.  The cat is out of the bag.  And do you know any Democrats that want to build a wall or secure the border?  All the Democrats I know are open border people.  Most globalist.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2019, 03:49:11 pm »
No, I won't.  The cat is out of the bag.  And do you know any Democrats that want to build a wall or secure the border?  All the Democrats I know are open border people.  Most globalist.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2019, 05:45:53 pm »

@Chosen Daughter

ROFLMAO! You really are funny,even if you don't know it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2019, 05:47:27 pm »

@skeeter  I guess she is tired of arguing with us,and has decided to argue with herself?

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2019, 07:28:58 pm »
@Chosen Daughter

ROFLMAO! You really are funny,even if you don't know it.
@sneakypete
Some people spread joy unconsciously. 

You don't.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2019, 07:32:32 pm »
No such thing as a "moderate Republican."  Anyone who says he is a "moderate Republican" is a liberal. 

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2019, 07:36:22 pm »
World's Shortest Book...."Great Moderates In History"

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2019, 09:50:41 pm »
Where's the conservative "farm team"??

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2019, 01:12:59 am »
That would be the state legislators and governors who are turning blue at an amazing pace.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2019, 01:18:20 am »
No such thing as a "moderate Republican."  Anyone who says he is a "moderate Republican" is a liberal.

:yowsa:  Absolutely!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2019, 02:13:34 am »
You mean the one your team slaughtered in a scorched-earth fire on Trump's way to the top?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2019, 02:16:15 am »
That is absolutely true, but the GOP does less damage as a minority party.  They should stay rabidly true to whatever passes for their principles today.
Uhh...

That's a pretty convenient twist, but it also means the Democrats are left unchecked to cause even worse damage. Remember 2009?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2019, 03:25:23 am »
Uhh...

That's a pretty convenient twist, but it also means the Democrats are left unchecked to cause even worse damage. Remember 2009?
@jmyrlefuller
That's a binary choice I gave up on in 2016.  I found both choices unacceptable.  Usually parties are kept in check by the voters and the rest of society.  If a Party passes an over reaching unpopular healthcare bill, the voters replace the party in a backlash like 2010, and the states refuse to adopt it.  Even if the rats swept the Senate and the White House the GOP media, the GOP states, and GOP judges would obstruct.

President Trump had 2 years of GOP control of Congress.  All he passed was taxcuts.  Every Republican passes tax cuts.  Some of them do it with a democrat Congress. 

The President is the poster child for promises unfulfilled.  That's not scary.  I have no reason to believe democrats will enact their unworkable pie in the sky campaign lies.

I have lost faith in the GOP as a protector of standards of political conduct.  They have not kept the worst tendencies of President Trump in check but rather excused his behavior and even relished in it.  When Nixon directed the break in of the democratic office in the Watergate bldg, the GOP didn't cheer it on and say the President was obligated to investigate corruption.

I don't understand that thinking but I understand that some people think it is a valid excuse.  They scare me, because for me it is a compelling democrat campaign issue.  The GOP has become a one issue party.  Trump.  The rats have become a one issue party.  Stop Trump.
I think the rats "put a check on President Trump" argument is superior, and popular, but we will know in Nov.

I ask myself am I better off than I was 4 years ago and I can't tell.  Its been 8 years of suck.  Food prices are higher, gas is lower.  I can say I feel worse about my country and my children's futures.  I feel politically alienated and I hate the animosity between Americans that Trump encourages at every twitter/bathroom break.  I don't like our leader and I hope he gets replaced with someone who can honestly say they're President of all the people even democrats, and Never Trumpers.

Thanx for the reply

« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 03:48:15 am by Once-Ler »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2019, 03:42:53 am »
@jmyrlefuller
That's a binary choice I gave up on in 2016.  I found both choices unacceptable.  Usually parties are kept in check by the voters and the rest of society.  If a Party passes an over reaching unpopular healthcare bill, the voters replace the party in a backlash like 2010, and the states refuse to adopt it.  Even if the rats swept the Senate and the White House the GOP media, the GOP states, and GOP judges would obstruct.

President Trump had 2 years of GOP control of Congress.  All he passed was taxcuts.  Every Republican passes tax cuts.  Some of them do it with a democrat Congress. 

The President is the poster child for promises unfulfilled.  That's not scary.  I have no reason to believe democrats will enact there unworkable pie in the sky campaign lies.

I have lost faith in the GOP as a protector of standards of political conduct.  They have not kept the worst tendencies of President Trump in check but rather excused his behavior and even relished in it.  When Nixon directed the break in of the democratic office in the Watergate bldg the GOP didn't cheer it on and say the President was obligated to investigate corruption.

I don't understand that thinking but I understand that some people think it is a valid excuse.  They scare me, because for me it is a compelling democrat campaign issue.  The GOP has become a one issue party.  Trump.  The rats have become a one issue party.  Stop Trump.
I think the rats "put a check on President Trump" argument is superior, and popular, but we will know in Nov.

I ask myself am I better off than I was 4 years ago and I can't tell.  Its been 8 years of suck.  Food prices are higher, gas is lower.  I can say I feel worse about my country and my children's futures.  I feel politically alienated and I hate the animosity between Americans that Trump encourages at every twitter/bathroom break.  I don't like our leader and I hope he gets replaced with someone who can honestly say they're President of all the people even democrats, and Never Trumpers.

Thanx for the reply

That was a brilliant post!