Author Topic: US Mormon Community Flees Mexico After Cartel Massacre  (Read 679 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
US Mormon Community Flees Mexico After Cartel Massacre
« on: November 11, 2019, 06:20:57 pm »

Jason Hopkins
Immigration and politics reporter
November 11, 2019 11:46 AM ET

A caravan of Mormon fundamentalists fled for the U.S. over the weekend following a deadly massacre that left nine members of their community dead.

In the Mexican community of La Mora, roughly 100 members of a Mormon fundamentalist group packed up into 18 vehicles and left for the U.S. Saturday morning, CNN reported. Their decision to leave came after gunmen murdered nine people, which included three women and six children, while they were traveling near the U.S.-Mexico border on Nov. 4.

“We’re not going to live at the mercy of these cartels,” said Lafe Langford, a relative of those who were killed. “If we don’t see a way we can live here, we’re done.”

“All of our hearts are hurting, not just with who we lost, but because what’s been a paradise for the Langfords for 50 years has suddenly become a place where most don’t feel safe,” said Kendra Lee Miller, another family member of the victims. “Whether it will be [safe] or not, it’ll never be the same again.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2019/11/11/mormons-leave-mexico-for-us-after-massacre/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: US Mormon Community Flees Mexico After Cartel Massacre
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 06:23:32 pm »
Here Is What A Mother Told Her Children Before A Mexican Drug Cartel Gunned Her Down
https://dailycaller.com/2019/11/11/devin-langford-mexican-drug-cartel-family-massacre/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 06:31:46 pm »
Too late. 

I just can't imagine how hard it's going to be for the survivors, especially the kids like Devin.  How do you get over watching your mother killed?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 06:48:19 pm »
The headline is incorrect.  The people leaving Mexico are indeed people but exactly none of them are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  Not a single one of them.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 07:19:29 pm »
The headline is incorrect.  The people leaving Mexico are indeed people but exactly none of them are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  Not a single one of them.

They're "Fundies."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 07:28:48 pm »
"Fundies" or not it is horrid what happened in that community.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 07:34:01 pm »

:yowsa: No doubt about that @LottieDah.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 07:47:12 pm »

Totally agree.  I was agreeing with @Bigun these aren't exactly LDS people.  Doesn't mean it wasn't tragic, nor that a lot of folks aren't fleeing back to the US. 
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 07:48:17 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2019, 10:36:01 pm »
That doesn't mean they're not Mormons. In fact your church disowns the term Mormonism.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2019, 10:41:39 pm »
Have to agree with Bigun's comment about these folks not being "actual" Mormons (i.e., members in-good-standing of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints). Their founder was excommunicated from the Salt Lake Church, and became one of the "breakaway-fundamentalist" factions with roots in the LDS church, but that's all.

Having said that, they were smart enough to get outta there while the gettin' is good.
If they're not up to staying in the USA, Canada might be a safer place to go.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2019, 11:01:29 pm »
Have to agree with Bigun's comment about these folks not being "actual" Mormons (i.e., members in-good-standing of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints). Their founder was excommunicated from the Salt Lake Church, and became one of the "breakaway-fundamentalist" factions with roots in the LDS church, but that's all.

Having said that, they were smart enough to get outta there while the gettin' is good.
If they're not up to staying in the USA, Canada might be a safer place to go.

I don't think Canada is friendly to polygamy, either.  Maybe there's some nice land in Saudi Arabia?
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2019, 12:01:49 am »
That doesn't mean they're not Mormons. In fact your church disowns the term Mormonism.

That's right, something like that. I don't know if one says "Mormon", if it is a pejorative but I know the peple belong to the Church of LDS.  For awhile, I'd see there commercials  on TV. I haven't seen those for awhile but I don't watch that much.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2019, 12:07:58 am »
That's right, something like that. I don't know if one says "Mormon", if it is a pejorative but I know the peple belong to the Church of LDS.  For awhile, I'd see there commercials  on TV. I haven't seen those for awhile but I don't watch that much.

No, you do not know any such thing because they definitely are not members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2019, 12:16:55 am »
Lynn Wilder:  Polygamists do consider themselves Mormon since they live D&C 132 faithfully. However, the mainstream LDS church does not consider polyamists brothers in the faith today.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2019, 12:22:22 am »
Lynn Wilder:  Polygamists do consider themselves Mormon since they live D&C 132 faithfully. However, the mainstream LDS church does not consider polyamists brothers in the faith today.

That does confuse us who are outside the faith. :shrug:
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2019, 12:24:59 am »
Exactly why this forum doesn't permit religious debate!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2019, 12:29:11 am »
It's no different than a denominational difference.

To use a more mainstream example: United Methodist, Free Methodist, Wesleyan... all three are different churches with different administration and rules, but all three are Methodist. Just as members of the Southern Baptists and fundamentalist Baptist churches are Baptists.

In the same way, Mormonism has various denominations; the largest, of course, is the mainline Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Then there's the Community of Christ, which is the next-biggest, a little more closely aligned to mainstream Christianity. Finally, you have the fundamentalist sects, which don't like what either the LDS church or the CoC have done to modernize the church and cling to the older, more controversial doctrines (like polygamy). This group was from one of the fundamentalist sects.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2019, 12:35:20 am »
Exactly why this forum doesn't permit religious debate!

I give thanks to the Flying Spaghetti Monster and bless his Noodly Appendage for that!  :0001:
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2019, 04:56:35 pm »
I give thanks to the Flying Spaghetti Monster and bless his Noodly Appendage for that!  :0001:

@Neverdul

Me,too.

BTW,he lives in a shed in my backyard if you want to send him some money for nicer digs. Send enough,and I can probably get him to send out a special prayer to save your ass from going to hell.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!