Author Topic: Broadcast, cable news networks to preempt regular programming for Trump impeachment coverage  (Read 680 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Broadcast, cable news networks to preempt regular programming for Trump impeachment coverage
By Joe Concha - 11/11/19 08:51 AM EST

ABC, CBS, NBC and PBS on Wednesday will preempt their regularly scheduled programming for live coverage of the House Intelligence Committee's open impeachment hearings of President Trump.

As expected, all of the major cable news networks, including Fox News, MSNBC, CNN and CSPAN will also offer live coverage.

Top U.S. diplomat to Ukraine, William Taylor, on Wednesday is slated as the first to publicly testify regarding possible efforts by Trump administration officials to link U.S. military aid to Ukraine in exchange for investigating top 2020 Democratic contender Joe Biden and his son, Hunter Biden, for business dealings in the country.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/469846-broadcast-cable-news-networks-to-preempt-regular-programming-for-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Thank God for Amazon Prime, Netflix, Sling, etc.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I am guessing they will all take their commercial breaks when someone pro-Trump is testifying,and have their talking heads do a short "recap" to catch everyone up.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

And ROKU!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Applewood

I am guessing they will all take their commercial breaks when someone pro-Trump is testifying,and have their talking heads do a short "recap" to catch everyone up.

@sneakypete

I don't know about that, but I can almost guarantee the hearings will be a real snoozer.  I wanted to watch the confirmation hearing for Justice Kavanaugh, but it left me into a near coma.  I honestly don't think these will be any better.  It's just too bad there is no one honest enough in the media to just give us the highlights (or lowlights) on the 6:00 news, so no one has to sit through all the BS.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

I don't know about that, but I can almost guarantee the hearings will be a real snoozer.  I wanted to watch the confirmation hearing for Justice Kavanaugh, but it left me into a near coma.  I honestly don't think these will be any better.  It's just too bad there is no one honest enough in the media to just give us the highlights (or lowlights) on the 6:00 news, so no one has to sit through all the BS.

@Applewood

Sam Donaldson was the last honest reporter that had the stones to ask the tough questions,and he got forced into retirement for shouting questions to Bubba that Bubba didn't want to hear or answer.

Offline jpsb

Shift is going to let a pro Trumper talk?

Offline Applewood

@Applewood

Sam Donaldson was the last honest reporter that had the stones to ask the tough questions,and he got forced into retirement for shouting questions to Bubba that Bubba didn't want to hear or answer.

@sneakypete

I thought Donaldson didn't retire till much later -- unless you are talking about giving up the White House correspondent gig. 

No matter.  A lot of people didn't like Sam -- made fun of his fake hair and all -- but I liked him. 

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
And ROKU!

My local target and Best Buy were out of Rokus so I got a fire stick.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline bilo

I sure hope President Trump asks the Rats why we wasted a whole year on this garbage at the next state of the union address.

I don't need to watch any of this garbage. I read the transcript.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
My local target and Best Buy were out of Rokus so I got a fire stick.

@Gefn

For future reference in the future,you can also buy them directly from ROKU,from Wal-Mart,ebay,Amazon,etc,etc,etc

I just bought the ROKU 4 Ultra (latest version) for 83 bucks including shipping on ebay. Normal retail price is 99 bucks from ROKU and Walmart.

My current ROKU has been working it's electronic butt off for maybe 10 years now,and is still clicking right along,but it is so old now it can't take the upgrades coming down. It acted like it was going to sroke-out the last time I updated it. It's obsolete. I figure if my new lasts 10 years too,it won't owe me anything.

Offline roamer_1

YEP. I won't even know it happened. And that is a beautiful thing.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Must See TV for me

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Must See TV for me
A question for @Once-Ler,  who is my  liberal brother from another mother.. What share are you predicting for the networks.

A question for @Once-Ler,  who is my  liberal brother from another mother.. What share are you predicting for the networks.
@The Ghost
I don't even know how they quantify shares anymore.  I cut my cable TV years ago and rarely watch over the air TV except Football games.  Most of my TV watching is Netflix, Hulu, Youtube or downloaded from usenet/newsgroups.  Lots of other people use Roku or pirate sites.

Last night I downloaded the Walking Dead about an hour after it was televised off usenet.  Nobody is going to count that as a view.  Often shows like HBO's John Oliver show or Politically Incorrect are posted on Youtube minutes after broadcast with altered video to prevent takedown.  I doubt those views get counted.

But the shorter non-answer is with Republicans and Democrats asking questions(or more likely making speeches) there should be lots of entertainment for all.  Most people who don't watch will say they did, and of course our network of preference will tell us what we watched, and what we should think about it.

Offline Wingnut

@The Ghost
I don't even know how they quantify shares anymore.  I cut my cable TV years ago and rarely watch over the air TV except Football games.  Most of my TV watching is Netflix, Hulu, Youtube or downloaded from usenet/newsgroups.  Lots of other people use Roku or pirate sites.

Last night I downloaded the Walking Dead about an hour after it was televised off usenet.  Nobody is going to count that as a view.  Often shows like HBO's John Oliver show or Politically Incorrect are posted on Youtube minutes after broadcast with altered video to prevent takedown.  I doubt those views get counted.

But the shorter non-answer is with Republicans and Democrats asking questions(or more likely making speeches) there should be lots of entertainment for all.  Most people who don't watch will say they did, and of course our network of preference will tell us what we watched, and what we should think about it.

That was deep.  You put ten dollars worth of thought into my 2 dollar question.  But I did/do agree with you on your last sentence.  You are spot on.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 01:36:38 am by The Ghost »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
TDS NTs should be able to find John Dean on one of those many options for watching.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline dancer

[quote

ABC, CBS, NBC and PBS on Wednesday will preempt their regularly scheduled programming for live coverage of the House Intelligence Committee's open impeachment hearings of President Trump.

[/quote]

They forgot one major step in this little show.  They need to officially bring impeachment to the House for a hearing and vote.  That means all the House, not just these lemmings.  An official House hearing allows BOTH SIDES to participate, bring forth witnesses, etc. before they vote to impeach.   They keep forgetting that step.  This is a farce.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This is exactly what CNN did during the Waco hearings. There was a 5 minute rule, giving 5 minutes each to alternating sides of the aisle, 5 to Dems, 5 to Pubbies. CNN broadcast 5 minutes of 'hearings' (the Democrat side) and 5 minutes of commercials, alternating... Not until I caught C-SPAN's broadcast later did I see what I was missing.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Applewood

There's one left...Sharyl Attkisson See BS spiked a bunch of her work, but she helped break Fast and Furious, among other stories.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

They forgot one major step in this little show.  They need to officially bring impeachment to the House for a hearing and vote.  That means all the House, not just these lemmings.  An official House hearing allows BOTH SIDES to participate, bring forth witnesses, etc. before they vote to impeach.   They keep forgetting that step.  This is a farce.
There will be televised hearings on Wednesday and Republicans will be asking questions, so I don't think what you call a farce really matters much the the world watching it.

Offline Wingnut

The ratings came out for days 1 and 2 of the Houses version of the Spanish Inquisition.   Fox news beat every network.  Even the non cable ones.   

Offline PeteS in CA

The ratings came out for days 1 and 2 of the Houses version of the Spanish Inquisition.   Fox news beat every network.  Even the non cable ones.

What did Fox do right? Throw popcorn at their monitors every time a Dem opened his/her piehole?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wingnut

What did Fox do right? Throw popcorn at their monitors every time a Dem opened his/her piehole?

They kept the commentary to a minimum and let Schitt fall where it may!