Author Topic: Hong Kong protesters injured after police open fire with live rounds  (Read 311 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
China Politics
Hong Kong protesters injured after police open fire with live rounds
Published Sun, Nov 10 20199:11 PM ESTUpdated an hour ago
Ted Kemp   @TedKempCNBC
Grace Shao    @Gracemzshao
Key Points

At least two protesters were hurt by police in Hong Kong on Monday, as tensions soared across the city.

The latest mass demonstrations come after three pro-democracy lawmakers were arrested on Saturday.

Hong Kong is scheduled to hold local elections this month.

At least two protesters were injured when local police opened fire in Hong Kong on Monday, a police spokesperson confirmed, days after a group of pro-democracy lawmakers was arrested.

A press officer told CNBC that two people were hurt and taken conscious to the hospital after police opened fire with live rounds. The incident occurred at 7:24 a.m. local time outside the Sai Wan Ho Mass Transit Railway station.

Read more at: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/11/hong-kong-protesters-injured-after-police-open-fire-with-live-rounds.html

New wrinkle in this is the police using "live rounds", one of the protesters is in serious condition. I don't believe the shots killed anyone.  So, we can note, an increasing escalation here.

I posted under editorials, Ted Cruz's "Hong Kong is the new Berlin", I think we should reasonably help the protesters but that land has somewhat been ceded to China. IT would be a dilemma hard to overcome to actually see a "Free Hong Kong", "Independent Hong Kong", maybe even "self-goverrning Hong Kong" at this point.