Author Topic: Whodunit in the Library: Someone Keeps Hiding the Anti-Trump Books  (Read 633 times)

Offline corbe

Whodunit in the Library: Someone Keeps Hiding the Anti-Trump Books

Mike Baker

5 hrs ago

Bette Ammon, director of the Couer D’Alene Public Library, said she and other staff members have hunches about who might be hiding the books, but they have yet to catch anyone in the act.

COEUR d’ALENE, Idaho — From her office next to the public computer terminals, Bette Ammon finds herself peering through a window to watch patrons moving through the Coeur d’Alene library’s nonfiction stacks.

Someone has been hiding books lately — specifically, those that explore politics through a progressive lens, or criticize President Trump. They wind up misfiled in out-of-the-way corners where readers will be sure not to find them.

“I am going to continue hiding these books in the most obscure places I can find to keep this propaganda out of the hands of young minds,” the mystery book relocator wrote in a note left for Ms. Ammon, the library director, in the facility’s comment box. “Your liberal angst gives me great pleasure.”

For decades, Coeur d’Alene has navigated a delicate political landscape in northern Idaho, a conservative corner of the country where some have sought refuge from political and social changes elsewhere.

The incidents over this past year — including a missing book that was discovered only this week — were not the first time books have mysteriously disappeared. Thirty years ago, the library lost so many books on human rights to theft that they had to be placed in a locked cabinet. The latest works to be targeted cover a wide range of topics, from gun control and women’s suffrage to LGBTQ issues and how people of color fare in the criminal justice system. About half the books specifically deal with President Trump.

<..snip..>

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/whodunit-in-the-library-someone-keeps-hiding-the-anti-trump-books/ar-BBWyhNb?ocid=ientp#image=BBWyhNb_1|1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: Whodunit in the Library: Someone Keeps Hiding the Anti-Trump Books
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 02:18:16 am »
  /s
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 03:20:06 am »
Or.... another liberal librarian doing a fake hoax stunt to play the victim card.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 05:25:20 pm »
Stupidity, and it is done by partisans of all varieties. DU used to have its share of threads in which DU members boasted of hiding or making less visible books by conservative authors. Back when I was using the Santa Clara County Public Library branch near me, I found that many books by conservative authors were either "lost" (probably = stolen) or were only stocked at branches in more remote corners of the system.

A pox o' all their houses!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 05:33:52 pm »
For the record, I have never been to COEUR d’ALENE, Idaho
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 08:14:36 pm »
Or.... another liberal librarian doing a fake hoax stunt to play the victim card.

This is where I'd put my money on this story.  Ten bucks says it never happened.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2019, 12:28:02 pm »
For the record, I have never been to COEUR d’ALENE, Idaho

The assumption the librarian has is that there are people who are
in fact looking for Fake News accounts about Trump.

The further assumption is they can read and possibly comprehend.

I have been to Couer d'Alene when I lived in Pullman Washington.
I like libraries and visit the local library in Toledo at least weekly but
my time in Idaho was to purchase a Jeep without visiting the library.

Why would a normal person try to hold such books from view when
simple reading exposes the lie?

TDS is the likely cause of the persecution the librarian feels.

:)
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote