Author Topic: Alan Dershowitz: Congress is trying to 'create crimes out of nothing' By Tal Axelrod - 11/10/19 07:0  (Read 386 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Alan Dershowitz: Congress is trying to 'create crimes out of nothing'
By Tal Axelrod - 11/10/19 07:00 AM EST

Attorney Alan Dershowitz warned that Americans should be “frightened” of the House’s impeachment investigation, accusing Democrats of trying to “create crimes out of nothing.”
“Whether you’re from New York or the middle of the country, you should be frightened by efforts to try to create crimes out of nothing,” Dershowitz said Sunday on John Catsimatidis’ radio show.

“Well, I spent the afternoon yesterday searching the federal criminal statutes from beginning to end. I couldn’t find the crime.”

snip
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/469758-alan-dershowitz-congress-is-trying-to-create-crimes-out-of-nothing
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Dershowitz is one of the rare lefties with a sense of honor.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Applewood

Everyone and his brother-in-law is rendering an opinion on what the house has on Trump and whether he will  or should be impeached, but the truth is no one really knows for sure. 

I heard a theory over the weekend -- that this is just a farce designed to gin up support for whoever the Democrats will nominate next year.  The Democrats may expect to lose the presidency to Trump, but they are anticipating taking control of the senate as well as the house.  If trump is re-elected and the Democrats have both houses, then they will ty again to force him out. 

Does that make sense?

Offline kevindavis007

If the Dems go through with this impeachment, I think it is going to blow up on the Dems in a huge way.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Everyone and his brother-in-law is rendering an opinion on what the house has on Trump and whether he will  or should be impeached, but the truth is no one really knows for sure. 

I heard a theory over the weekend -- that this is just a farce designed to gin up support for whoever the Democrats will nominate next year.  The Democrats may expect to lose the presidency to Trump, but they are anticipating taking control of the senate as well as the house.  If trump is re-elected and the Democrats have both houses, then they will ty again to force him out. 

Does that make sense?

That's correct in a way - it's a farce designed to distract attention from their woeful gaggle of candidates and overall record of non-achievements. But if Trump wins it's hard to see how dems take the Senate. If they do they might have another go at Trump, but repubs had both houses yet didn't come close to forcing Clinton out.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Does that make sense?

Or in fewer words, to "weaken Trump."

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Does that make sense?

@Applewood

Yes,it's the only chance they have of staying in power. They MUST put themselves in positions where they can block any legislation Trump and the Republicans push forward. They either do that,or they cease being a party after the 2024 elections.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!