Author Topic: Nikki Haley claims Kelly and Tillerson asked her to help them ‘save the country’ from Trump  (Read 770 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nikki Haley claims Kelly and Tillerson asked her to help them ‘save the country’ from Trump
by Madison Dibble
 | November 10, 2019 01:13 PM

Nikki Haley condemned John Kelly and Rex Tillerson for going around the president when they had issues with his policy decisions.

Kelly and Tillerson, who served as President Trump’s chief of staff and secretary of state respectively, were both forced out of the administration following policy disagreements. In her new book, Haley described a situation in which Kelly and Tillerson came to her and asked her to “undermine” the president instead of confronting Trump directly about a foreign policy decision.

“Kelly and Tillerson confided in me that when they resisted the president, they weren’t being insubordinate, they were trying to save the country,” Haley wrote.

In an interview on CBS Sunday Morning, Haley criticized the two men for having a “sidebar plan” against the president.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/it-was-offensive-nikki-haley-claims-john-kelly-and-rex-tillerson-had-a-sidebar-plan-to-undermine-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Haley knows which direction the wind is blowing.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Haley knows which direction the wind is blowing.

And she is "up wind".
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Well if they did you would have to ask why they would be that concerned to ask such a thing?  These are people who Trump himself determined were that good to hold those respective positions serving the country.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Kelly and Tillerson: Help us save the country!
Haley: Nah, I'm good.

Haley just dropped about 20 points in my mind, and she wrote this about herself?!?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Haley just dropped about 20 points in my mind, and she wrote this about herself?!?

She was persona non grata, and dead to me, the moment she banned the CBF from grounds of the SC state house. (22 Jun 2015).
If she ever runs for national office, I swear I will stay home.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Dropped off.  All she has done here is bring to people's attention that those serving the President feared what he was doing.  She should take the top job with the Noahides.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 08:42:55 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

And then ironically Nikki found out why Kelly and Tillerson were so worried.  Her suggesting that they just go to the President is an automatic loss of job.  Perhaps she would have lost hers over these comments too.  But the book came before the policy change in Syria.  Nikki spent much of her time in the UN working on Syria.  So I would say that she is well informed.  So this book is a what came first the chicken or the egg?

https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2019/10/07/nikki-haley-slams-trump-withdrawal-from-syria-turkey-is-not-our-friend/

Some people live up to higher principles Nikki.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Some people live up to higher principles Nikki.

No wonder they wanted to talk to Bolton.  Now they want Mulvaney and he is trying to join some lawsuit to find out if he listens to his boss or listens to the court.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/11/09/trump-impeachment-probe-mick-mulvaney-join-subpoena-lawsuit/2543549001/

I guess Trump really did hold up the foreign aid package.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 10:11:19 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Absalom

These are people who Trump himself determined were that good to hold those respective positions serving the country.
---------------------------------
The only interest of Tilly and Kelly has always been their selves.
As for Trump's ability to judge character, Neville Chamberlain was more competent!

---------------------------------
The only interest of Tilly and Kelly has always been their selves.
As for Trump's ability to judge character, Neville Chamberlain was more competent!
:rolling:

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Nikki Haley claims Kelly and Tillerson asked her to help them ‘save the country’ from Trump
by Madison Dibble
 | November 10, 2019 01:13 PM

Nikki Haley condemned John Kelly and Rex Tillerson for going around the president when they had issues with his policy decisions.

Kelly and Tillerson, who served as President Trump’s chief of staff and secretary of state respectively, were both forced out of the administration following policy disagreements. In her new book, Haley described a situation in which Kelly and Tillerson came to her and asked her to “undermine” the president instead of confronting Trump directly about a foreign policy decision.

“Kelly and Tillerson confided in me that when they resisted the president, they weren’t being insubordinate, they were trying to save the country,” Haley wrote.

In an interview on CBS Sunday Morning, Haley criticized the two men for having a “sidebar plan” against the president.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/it-was-offensive-nikki-haley-claims-john-kelly-and-rex-tillerson-had-a-sidebar-plan-to-undermine-trump

This is one of those statements/articles where too many details are missing to know exactly how to evaluate it.

Advisors discuss, debate, even argue with leaders all the time.  That is truly part of their job.  It doesn't cross into disloyalty until they actually refuse to do what they're told, or leak it to damage the President, etc..  So if Kelly or Tillerson thought the President had a bad idea, and pushed back against it, there's nothing inherently wrong with that.  As long as they actually execute whatever final decision the President makes.

I can't tell from Haley's statement where what she is describing falls on that continuum.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Why didn't she say this while she was part of the administration?  Why did she wait til her book was coming out to say this?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Why didn't she say this while she was part of the administration?  Why did she wait til her book was coming out to say this?
2 great questions.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
2 great questions.

FWIW:    https://twitter.com/NikkiHaley

I've seen her answer some questions about these situations on her twitter.

For example, I saw her asked "why she didn't tell the president about what Tillerson and Kelly (allegedly) said", she says she did tell the president. I saw her answering something else as well.  That sounds a bit like the above question.

FWIW:    https://twitter.com/NikkiHaley

I've seen her answer some questions about these situations on her twitter.

For example, I saw her asked "why she didn't tell the president about what Tillerson and Kelly (allegedly) said", she says she did tell the president. I saw her answering something else as well.  That sounds a bit like the above question.

Thanx @TomSea but that twitter feed is filled with a lot of fluff and a quick look around yielded no answer for me.  If you come across a better link to a solid answer please ping me.