Author Topic: Washington Post Writer Wonders if the GOP can Accept Election Results They Don't Like  (Read 571 times)

Offline mrclose

Folks ... they're serious!

The Washington Post ran a piece questioning if the GOP can ever accept election results they don’t like after the 2019 elections

Yes, the featured image is that of an anti-Trump protest after the 2016 election. Liberals went nuts in the streets. Protests, setting things on fire, and yelling into the clouds—it’s typical behavior from these people who think they’re entitled to win every election. Sorry, real America punched you in the mouth. Since 2016, there have been other Democrats who have simply refused to concede their election losses. Stacey Abrams in Georgia is a prime example, where she thinks voter suppression is what caused her to lose. It had nothing to do with her 50,000+-vote deficit to Republican Gov. Brian Kemp. And she to this day hasn’t conceded. In fact, she has declared that Democrats don’t have to concede elections anymore for reasons that are just too stupid to air out. You can read for it yourself. There’s only so much ‘woke’ nonsense that I can take. I bring this up because The Washington Post ran a piece questioning if the GOP can ever accept election results they don’t like after the 2019 elections:

One occasionally hears liberals muse that even if Trump were to lose next year, he might simply refuse to vacate the White House. This seems a highly unlikely scenario, especially since there may be nothing Trump fears more than public humiliation.
Instead, what is far more likely is that Trump would not have to be physically removed from the Oval Office, but would — starting immediately after Election Day and continuing into his post-presidential life — undertake a campaign to discredit the results.

Article Link:
Is This a Joke? Washington Post Writer Wonders if the GOP can Accept Election Results They Dont Like

Link to the WP article that 'I Think' can be viewed without a subscription:
Can Republicans relearn how to accept political outcomes they don’t like? - The Washington Post
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Nope, Trump would never accept it.  The first thing he would do is hit twitter claiming rigged election and witch hunt robbed him. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline mrclose

Nope, Trump would never accept it.  The first thing he would do is hit twitter claiming rigged election and witch hunt robbed him.
Irony not your forte?  22222frying pan
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Folks ... they're serious!
Trump accepted he lost VA and didn't even rally there.  Sadly nobody told him how bad a Bevin/Trump photo op might look or going to the World series or a UFC fight.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
What is this now, like the 100th article in the last three years hitting on similar themes of "not accepting" election results?

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

Russia Hoax Huckster sez wut?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If not,they can always ask the Dims for advise.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Talk about projection...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I would say with the election of Obama....TWICE...we did that already.  Please!!!!