Author Topic: Share What you are listening to NOW? Thread Deux  (Read 186711 times)

Offline corbe

Re: Share What you are listening to NOW? Thread Deux
« Reply #775 on: April 15, 2021, 12:52:08 am »
   Good Song @roamer_1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #776 on: April 15, 2021, 12:53:51 am »
   Good Song @roamer_1

So was yours...  :beer:

You got a Texas Blues kinda thing goin on, and that's alright. Most of what you post ought to be on my playlist.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #777 on: April 15, 2021, 12:58:22 am »
With all the mayhem going on and our Republic in shambles, I thought this was a very appropriate song (I posted lyrics in another thread).

Bad Moon Rising - CCR

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BmEGm-mraE
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

« Reply #778 on: April 15, 2021, 12:59:22 am »
Rory Gallagher - Empire State Express

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf0QNvpcNd0
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #779 on: April 15, 2021, 12:33:46 pm »
I've been going back and listening to a lot of Texas singer/songwriters

Gary P. Nunn
Robert Earle Keen
Jerry Jeff Walker (although originally from New York).
Billy Joe Shaver
Ray Wylie Hubbard
Jimmy Dale Gilmore
Townes Van Zant (okay, technically not 3 names).

etc...

I guess to be in this group you have to have 3 names.
 :cool:

Offline corbe

« Reply #780 on: April 16, 2021, 04:40:35 pm »
   Maybe I should have put this in the what are you watching now Thread.

Mimi playing Albert King style guitar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdzmz-Ew3Mc

Silky Smooth- Original Solo by Mimi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce4QTNqiKOc

*Spoiler Alert...Nothing falls out.

Offline corbe

« Reply #781 on: April 16, 2021, 05:03:21 pm »
Jimmy Lafave - Walk away Renee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yix4UqbYe4

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #782 on: April 17, 2021, 02:28:03 am »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #783 on: April 18, 2021, 08:03:07 pm »
Excellent cover by two vocal powerhouses; Pink & Kelly Clarkson - R.E.M. - "Everybody Hurts"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPw7SI2dxmk

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #784 on: April 18, 2021, 08:31:06 pm »
Losing My Religion --- REM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=u036M7p6-ak

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #785 on: April 18, 2021, 11:11:46 pm »
REM  -  Radio Free Europe

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #786 on: April 24, 2021, 11:32:23 pm »
Robert Cray Band - Never Mattered Much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjOgnlz__uk

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #787 on: April 25, 2021, 08:54:22 am »
Robert Cray Band - Never Mattered Much

@corbe

Robert Cray may be THE most overlooked and underrated blues musician in history. Maybe it's because he is just soooo damn smooth he makes it look too easy?

For any of you interested in listening to more of his music,I can't recommend his "Strong Persuader" album too strongly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-IjrZtjwVc&list=PL8a8cutYP7fo8cY4X3JGmj44C6tUawR8Z&index=2

« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 08:56:38 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Skull

« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 02:56:08 pm by Skull »
Truth is against the stream of common thought, deep, subtle, difficult, delicate, unseen by passion’s slaves cloaked in the murk of ignorance. Vipassī Buddha

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Skull

« Reply #790 on: April 30, 2021, 11:43:26 pm »
Before WW I and a powerful influence for 40 or so years after.  The Mac & Eddy duo harmonize:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iODyX3AQRj0

Truth is against the stream of common thought, deep, subtle, difficult, delicate, unseen by passion’s slaves cloaked in the murk of ignorance. Vipassī Buddha

Offline libertybele

« Reply #791 on: May 01, 2021, 12:21:39 am »
We saw Gordon Lightfoot in concert about 5 years ago; he appeared on stage with 'Indian' braided hair and was barefoot.  He was awesome and he's music IMHO is absolutely legendary.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=phcDgM2Mazk

Offline libertybele

« Reply #792 on: May 01, 2021, 12:28:43 am »
Another absolute legend. Sing it Willie!!  Here's to better times America!    :beer:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnGJ3KJri1g

Offline libertybele

« Reply #793 on: May 01, 2021, 11:24:57 pm »
Very appropriate song for today's world:  "Ball of Confusion"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYAEhgLgddk

Offline libertybele

« Reply #794 on: May 04, 2021, 01:25:29 am »
 IMHO one of the greatest bands ever. I've seen them in concert 4 times; each time they were excellent and they just keep getting better with age!

Moody Blues "Question"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YHIRGYlLlU

Watch with fireworks -- Phenomenal!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssGCtkV4ETc

Offline libertybele

« Reply #795 on: May 04, 2021, 08:28:12 pm »
Alice Cooper - "No More Nice Guy"   Yes, saw him in concert too.  I thoroughly enjoyed seeing him -- 3rd row seats from stage. He's not one of my favorites, but it was a memorable concert.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KN6ngThqMEs

Offline libertybele

« Reply #796 on: May 04, 2021, 09:12:07 pm »

Offline corbe

« Reply #797 on: May 04, 2021, 11:41:46 pm »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #798 on: May 05, 2021, 12:38:27 am »
In honor of my grandson's 11th Birthday today!!!  This was playing when I found out his momma first got to hold him (born at 24-25  weeks).  Happy tears today -- and sad tears too.  It's been a really rough day for me!   

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXxqWkJIUnQ

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #799 on: May 05, 2021, 11:50:19 pm »
Self-Annointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright