Author Topic: Share What you are listening to NOW? Thread Deux  (Read 191207 times)

Offline corbe

Re: Share What you are listening to NOW? Thread Deux
« Reply #400 on: May 30, 2020, 04:44:39 pm »
Pontchartrain ~ Lee Roy Parnell

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #401 on: May 31, 2020, 06:54:09 pm »
Come Tuesday I'm going to have one of my musical bucket list items happen---I was invited to jam in a recording studio in a guitar-organ-drums trio. (I've always wanted to play in a lineup like that.) So I've been listening to one or two of my favourite such lineups . . .

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #402 on: May 31, 2020, 07:49:55 pm »
@libertybele

"Religious version"?????

How can there be any other version of this song?

BTW,I can't think of another song that is a better example of the beauty of simplicity. Songs don't get any more basic than this one,or more beautiful.

This song has an extremely special meaning to me and I tear up every time I hear it.  Hallelujah was being sung/played on America Idol ...I was on-line talking to a friend when my daughter called to say that she finally got to hold her son who was born at just 24 1/2 weeks (25 if you count the meds administered).  I just started crying -- very happy tears though!  When he was about 18 months, he was sitting on my lap, I played the very rendition that I heard the night that his momma got to hold him; he heard the song and immediately looked up and raised his hands up in praise...he knew.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP9jXHTtIyg
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #403 on: May 31, 2020, 07:56:34 pm »
I have to now get my daily dose of "Colt Clark and the Quarantine Kids"  --- they bring so much joy!  Here they are signing "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmJ7NGP6G04&list=RDdmJ7NGP6G04&start_radio=1

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #404 on: June 02, 2020, 12:20:43 am »
Colt Clark and the Quarantine Kids play "Happy Together"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=f91fPXC3wRU

Offline corbe

« Reply #405 on: June 02, 2020, 12:44:19 am »
   We will return to your regularly scheduled broadcast after this brief message from our Sponsors.

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Have You Ever Seen The Rain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kva4UndarE8#
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #406 on: June 02, 2020, 12:59:33 am »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #407 on: June 02, 2020, 02:05:32 am »
CCR  -  Travelin' Band

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #408 on: June 02, 2020, 02:07:57 am »

Chris Bell - Elevator To Heaven

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #409 on: June 02, 2020, 02:21:24 am »
Heart  -  Stairway to Heaven

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline corbe

« Reply #410 on: June 02, 2020, 02:44:31 am »
    I dreamt that I was flying to Heaven and I wound up Rattling Locks in Hell.

"Rattling Locks" by Josh Ritter (Photo Essay/Music Video by Sam Kassirer)

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #411 on: June 02, 2020, 03:20:06 am »
Colt Clark and the Quarantine Kids play "Happy Together"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=f91fPXC3wRU

I love these videos and have watched a bunch of them in the last two days. FWIW the little girl -  Bellamy, reminds me a lot of one of my great nieces - Helen at that age, her facial expressions and the dance moves. 

***guitar man****

3333hugs
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline libertybele

« Reply #412 on: June 02, 2020, 03:37:19 am »
I love these videos and have watched a bunch of them in the last two days. FWIW the little girl -  Bellamy, reminds me a lot of one of my great nieces - Helen at that age, her facial expressions and the dance moves. 

***guitar man****

3333hugs

They definitely bring some happiness in these trying times.  Kuddos to the parents for keeping things "normal" for these kids.  Belamy definitely has some "moves"!!

BTW --- how is your family doing??  Everyone well??

Offline libertybele

« Reply #413 on: June 06, 2020, 11:20:19 pm »
One of their best yet!!!  Belamy is becoming less inhibited.  :rolling:

Colt Clark and the Quarantine Kids play "Bang the Drum All Day"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNWPxG4jDrs

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #414 on: June 07, 2020, 02:17:59 pm »
Discovering something you'd never known existed from someone whose music you've loved is always a joy. This one's mine. It's the title track from an album the delivery of which I await . . .

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #415 on: June 07, 2020, 03:05:58 pm »
Discovering something you'd never known existed from someone whose music you've loved is always a joy. This one's mine. It's the title track from an album the delivery of which I await . . .

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

@EasyAce

What's the message,"I'm sleepy"?

I nodded off right after it started playing.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #416 on: June 11, 2020, 11:08:49 pm »
One of the great ladies of the jazz organ (and, in this set, she shows exactly how to swing the Beatles, among other things) . . . with her tenor sax-playing husband at the time . . .

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Neverdul

« Reply #417 on: June 11, 2020, 11:19:24 pm »
They definitely bring some happiness in these trying times.  Kuddos to the parents for keeping things "normal" for these kids.  Belamy definitely has some "moves"!!

BTW --- how is your family doing??  Everyone well??

@libertybele

My niece and her family are all doing well & those who had COVID-19 are now fully recovered and they are along with my niece's oldest daughter and her significant other are this week vacationing in Myrtle Beach.  :cool:

Offline Neverdul

« Reply #418 on: June 11, 2020, 11:33:06 pm »

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

3333hugs

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #419 on: June 11, 2020, 11:34:50 pm »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #420 on: June 11, 2020, 11:42:10 pm »
3333hugs
@Neverdul

The CD arrived a day early and it's just what I thought it would be---magnificent. It was Herbie Hancock's last album for Blue Note, if I remember right, and if so he ended his time on that label with an excellent coda to his career there.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #421 on: June 12, 2020, 12:05:51 am »
@libertybele

My niece and her family are all doing well & those who had COVID-19 are now fully recovered and they are along with my niece's oldest daughter and her significant other are this week vacationing in Myrtle Beach.  :cool:

Yay!!! Awesome!!!!

...and for your entertainment pleasure .... Colt Clark and the Quarantine Kids "Twist and Shout"  (shake it up baby -- lol)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzTV4ULIb_M

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #422 on: June 12, 2020, 11:44:56 pm »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #423 on: June 13, 2020, 08:33:37 pm »
Colt Clark and the Quarantine Kids:  "Come a Little Bit Closer"   (such joy this family brings!)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=juPo_9mT1QU

Offline corbe

« Reply #424 on: June 14, 2020, 02:41:31 am »
Trevor Kidd - Mystify

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1