Author Topic: God Watching Us Through the Eyes of Dogs  (Read 519 times)

Offline corbe

God Watching Us Through the Eyes of Dogs
« on: November 08, 2019, 05:06:43 pm »
God Watching Us Through the Eyes of Dogs

by Congressman Chip Roy (TX-21)

November 8th, 2019

I don’t do dog-twitter very much, but I appreciate many of those who do – such as @JonahDispatch – because, well, I love dogs.  I always have.

This week has brought my love of those blessings-from-above into crystal clarity because my family lost our 16 year-old Cocker Spaniel on Tuesday.  He was a great dog.  My wife and I got him while we were dating in the months following law school when I was working as a lawyer for Senator John Cornyn in Washington and my wife was in Texas at a firm. 

You see, she is an equal-opportunity lover of dogs… and I am more of a big dog kind of guy (I happily discriminate… sue me).  So, a Cocker Spaniel was a bit of a compromise.  When we were deciding, we happened upon the little guy at 6 weeks old – and his birthday was August 7th – which happens to be mine, so we were sold.  We named him Nelson, after Willie, one of my wife’s and my favorite musicians, and the centerpiece of the night of our first date in Austin, Texas at Stubb’s BBQ.

<..snip..>

https://theresurgent.com/2019/11/08/god-watching-us-through-the-eyes-of-dogs/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Re: God Watching Us Through the Eyes of Dogs
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 06:40:03 pm »
Aww! puppy!!!!  :bighug:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline godblessRonaldReagan

• It's never too late to have a happy childhood!
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 06:46:12 pm »
My family lost our ancient black lab this summer. The house seemed empty even though we have 2 other dogs and 10 cats. So tomorrow we go to pick up our latest addition, a black lab puppy. Glutton for punishment!
I, for one, welcome our feline overlords

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 09:52:55 pm »
Wonderful tribute to man's and woman's best friend. Tears. Nine little urns contain the ashes of my friends. I'm sitting with my three little rescues, grateful for their love. My current three are not pictured in my avatar-they are angels now.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline berdie

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 11:08:58 pm »
My family lost our ancient black lab this summer. The house seemed empty even though we have 2 other dogs and 10 cats. So tomorrow we go to pick up our latest addition, a black lab puppy. Glutton for punishment!

Don't worry...he'll grow up...eventually. If you can live thru it. :laugh: